Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-26-2010, 12:05   #1
TORCHRIDER
Wake Up America

G32 .357 (want to shoot 9mm for practice)

I currently carry, shoot and reload for the 9mm in a G19.
However, I am considering purchasing the G32 to replace my G19 because of all the great things I have read/heard about this round as a self defense cartridge.

Since I don't reload for the .357 and really dont want to start, I am wondering if I can practice using my G19 with full power loads or can I convert the G32 to 9mm with a barrel change and fire full power loads for practice.

Obviously nothing is as good as practicing with the round you will be carrying, but I wonder if the difference between full power 9's and .357's is great enough that I should start relaoding for the .357. I hope this question makes sense.
"Be not ye afraid of them: remember the LORD, which is great and terrible, and fight for your brethren, your sons, and your daughters, your wives, and your houses." Nehemiah 4:14
TORCHRIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 20:08   #2
JR
GT Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to JR Send a message via Yahoo to JR
Ok, here are a couple choices:

Keep your 19 & purchase a 32. Two guns are more fun than 1
Sell your 19 & pick up a 32. Pick up our 23-9 conversion barrel and you have 2 calibers to use out of the same gun. Yes you can use full power +P+ if you want!
BTW: You can also pick up a standard 23-40 barrel and have 3 guns in 1.. Pick up an AA conversion in .22lr and make it 4 guns in one.
Old 07-27-2010, 09:11   #3
TORCHRIDER
Wake Up America

Thanks JR. Additional quick question.

I have a lonewolf 40-9 conversion barrel that I used with a G23 that I sold. Will that barrel fit the G32 as well, allowing me to shoot 9mm?
"Be not ye afraid of them: remember the LORD, which is great and terrible, and fight for your brethren, your sons, and your daughters, your wives, and your houses." Nehemiah 4:14
Old 07-27-2010, 10:30   #4
JR
GT Sponsor

Affirmative!
The G23 & G32 are the same gun (except caliber)
Old 07-27-2010, 13:35   #5
TORCHRIDER
Wake Up America

JR, sorry for the additional question, but do you feel safe in recommending the 40-9mm conversion barrel in the G32 for carry as well as practice? Is it just as reliable as the standard glock 9mm barrel?
Old 07-27-2010, 19:15   #6
JR
GT Sponsor

I think every tool you plan to use for survival must prove its worth. I choose to shoot several hundred rounds of ammo through every gun I carry. The gun must perform flawless and deliver acceptable accuracy within the test period. Once the gun passes this test I call it "safe" for me.
If I have a conversion barrel and it runs flawless using XYZ ammo over 300 round test I would consider it safe for carry. Others may be more demanding and require 500 rounds. I would consider it safe again. Its all up to you?