Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-18-2014, 17:50   #1
cowboy1964

Car transport into PA?

Have an Ohio CHL but that is not valid in PA. PA is very restrictive on non-licensed transport but I do see this clause:

(6) while carrying a firearm in any vehicle when the
person possesses a valid and lawfully issued license for that
firearm which has been issued under the laws of the U.S.
or any other state;

So would my Ohio CHL be a "valid and lawfully issued license for that firearm"?
cowboy1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 03:12   #2
Steve in PA

Yes, PA CS 6106(b)(11) allows the carrying of a firearm in a vehicle, provided you have a lawfully issued and valid license from another state. However, if your license does not have reciprocity with PA, you cannot carry concealed when you exit your vehicle. Your only solution is to open carry. However (2), do not do this in Philly, as you would need a license that has reciprocity with PA in order to OC in Philly.

6106. Firearms not to be carried without a license.
(a) OFFENSE DEFINED. —
(1) Except as provided in paragraph (2), any person who carries a firearm in any vehicle or any person who carries a firearm concealed on or about his person, except in his place of abode or fixed place of business, without a valid and lawfully issued license under this chapter commits a felony of the third degree.
(2) A person who is otherwise eligible to possess a valid license under this chapter but carries a firearm in any vehicle or any person who carries a firearm concealed on or about his person, except in his place of abode or fixed place of business, without a valid and lawfully issued license and has not committed any other criminal violation commits a misdemeanor of the first degree.
(b) EXCEPTIONS. — The provisions of subsection (a) shall not apply to:
(11) Any person while carrying a firearm in any vehicle, which person possesses a valid and lawfully issued license for that firearm which has been issued under the laws of the United States or any other state.
"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps. Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945"

Last edited by Steve in PA; 08-19-2014 at 03:13..
Steve in PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 10:45   #3
cowboy1964

Thanks, that what I hoping for. My main concern is vehicle transport to and from my place of stay.

Hey Ohio and Penn: make a freaking reciprocity agreement already!
cowboy1964 is offline   Reply With Quote