GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-30-2011, 03:14   #121
RGbiker

OC Beretta Nano yesterday at Best Buy, Walgreens, Walmart, Beyond Bread (Trendy sandwich shop), Starbucks and Fry's Food.

No comments, no police involvement, no panic. Small children and kittens were not injured.....

I love Arizona.
Old 12-31-2011, 08:17   #122
xmanhockey7

OCd at a local drug store, my barbers, and Crossroads Mall. The business right next to my barbers is selling legal medical type stuff. I'm pretty sure one of the more liberal people in there saw my gun as I went into the barbershop but I had no issues anywhere.
xmanhockey7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 12:24   #123
xmanhockey7

OC'd at a local breakfast place this morning to eat with a friend. No problems or issues.
Old 01-26-2012, 13:37   #124
YtownGlock
Rookie

I conceal carry 95% of the time. When I do Open Carry, I usually am doing it when I am cutting the grass, shoveling the driveway, or just running to dunkin donuts or some cafe. Out of the few times I have open carried I have only been harassed one time by a LEO... and I knew him personally.

I work in Private Security. One day when I was on my way to work I stopped into Dunkin Donuts to grab a coffee. I was wearing my black Security polo, Tundra 5.11 Taclite pants, 5.11 boots, a pair of sunglasses and my black security ball cap. I was open carrying my Glock 23 Gen4 in a Blackhawk SERPA Lv. II Sporster paddle holster at my 4 o'clock with two spare mags in a Blackhawk double mag pouch at my 10 o'clock.

The Deputy Sheriff (Captain) walked in and just looked at me and said, "D**, WTF are you doing?" I replied "Getting coffee before heading into work J***." "Like that?" "Like what?" (He points to my Glock) "Sir, you know as well as I do that Ohio is an Open Carry State and you know me, I'm not going to do something stupid to ruin my CJ degree and future career in LE."

He just shook his head and I went on my way. That was the only time I had a problem.
YtownGlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 14:44   #125
xmanhockey7

Down in Indiana this weekend. OC'ed at a Shell station off exit 157 to fill and load up. Today I went to Walmart to get some stuff I forgot at home. While at the quick checkout I heard an older man behind me at a different lane say something Glock.

Me "Yeah it's a Glock."
Older man "Do you need a concealed license to carry like that"
Me: "Yeah, in the state of Indiana you need a carry permit to carry. But once you get the permit you can carry how you choose."
Older man "It's something you never want to have to use but if you need to use it it's a great thing to have."
Me: "Exactly, that's why I carry openly."
Older man: "Well I bet nobody is going to beat you up."
Me: "I sure hope not."

I then told him to have a nice day and he said the same to me. I miss being able to have a gun on me. Not being 21 and living at school doesn't allow me to be armed unless I'm at home or something.
Old 02-04-2012, 17:37   #126
Glock Fanatic

I may have over looked it but i havent really seen anything about New Mexico in here so I figured I might share some of my experiances...

New Mexico is an open carry state and before I got my CCL I decided to exercise my right to open carry quite frequently... The only people that have ever said anything was in a western-type store and the manager approached my family and I (my wife and daughter) and asked if I was law enforcement, I said that I was not but simply exercising my right as an american to carry openly and that I felt I was entilted to those right being that I have been serving on active duty as a military cop for the last 5 years... yes I was kind of a smarta** but she went away after thanking me for my service...

The second and only other time anyone has said anything to me was at the local wendys... i went in to get a burger and what not and the guy behind the counter pointed to my glock 19 and said "i want to get my CCW so I can carry everywhere too" it being obvious that he was a complete idiot and ignorant of the state laws I decided it best not to correct him and just simply said "yeah its nice" and got my food and left...

I have had people look at me weird but noone really notices (except kids) they always have to point it out to their parents who usally take them off into the other direction.

as I said i open carried frequently before my CCL and here are a few places
walmart
local banks
grocery stores
restaruants
mcdonalds
wendys
taco bell
ect ect
I have never had anyone openly complain and have yet to be stopped by LEO's... many of my friends who dont have their CCL so they open carry quite frequently but as for my I tend to stick with my IWB Crossbreed holster unless im wearing a heavy coat or what-not then i carry with my serpa CQB holster by blackhawk which is still concealed unless i take off my coat...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

G19 Gen 4
G23 Gen 3
S&W Model 40
Glock Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 19:56   #127
RussP

Just a reminder...from Post #1.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
Lets try this again.

Just post about your open carry experiences, any problems you had, and positive encounters with others.

If you want, describe your carry rig, how you dressed, time of day, frequency of carry in that location...any details that will help others decide whether open carry is for them.

Remember, Open Carry is NOT for everyone.

Laws restrict open carrying in certain jurisdictions.

If you disagree with open carry, that's fine, but this thread is NOT for arguing pro/con open carry. Any posts in that vein will be deleted and the author will receive an infraction for trolling.

If you want to debate Open Carry, express your negative views, please, we encourage you to start a new thread.

Also, if you want to discuss a post, to ask questions, quote the post and start a new thread in the main Carry Issues Forum.

Last, no bashing law enforcement.

RussP

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 19:06   #128
SGT HATRED

Just had my first semi bad experience with open carry. I was going to post this under the starbucks support thread but it was closed? Anywho the old lady and myself went to starbucks just off of ASU campus. I was open carrying my Sig 220 in a black hawk cqc. And wearing a white button up. I don't know what it was but right when we walked in I got the stink eye from just about everyone in the place. All three employees did a double take and then looked away. The oldest, a gentleman probably in his late 30's said something under his breath but I didn't hear it. I've been OCing for over a year now and this is the most resistance I've gotten. I had every intention on going in there and thanking them for their position and policy but couldn't bring myself to do it. Well I hope my next outing goes smoother...
SGT HATRED is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 22:33   #129
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I saw a gentleman openly carrying at the Mall of Georgia today. I did a double take and then altered my route to get a better look. No badge on the belt...sure looked like a citizen who happened to be carrying openly.

That marks the first person other than myself I have seen OC at that mall

I HIGHLY recommend Google Chrome and Adblock to all world wide web users. (I would have left GT a long time ago without these extensions!)
Warp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 23:14   #130
RGbiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT HATRED View Post
Just had my first semi bad experience with open carry. I was going to post this under the starbucks support thread but it was closed? Anywho the old lady and myself went to starbucks just off of ASU campus. I was open carrying my Sig 220 in a black hawk cqc. And wearing a white button up. I don't know what it was but right when we walked in I got the stink eye from just about everyone in the place. All three employees did a double take and then looked away. The oldest, a gentleman probably in his late 30's said something under his breath but I didn't hear it. I've been OCing for over a year now and this is the most resistance I've gotten. I had every intention on going in there and thanking them for their position and policy but couldn't bring myself to do it. Well I hope my next outing goes smoother...
University Blvd location? If so, it looks like I have found myself a new Starbucks for me and my G36 to hang out at in OC.

Oh, and I do ignore the "stink eye" from anti gun fools.
Old 02-14-2012, 23:37   #131
SGT HATRED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGbiker View Post
University Blvd location? If so, it looks like I have found myself a new Starbucks for me and my G36 to hang out at in OC.

Oh, and I do ignore the "stink eye" from anti gun fools.
No, the one on Rural just south of the 202 next to in and out.
SGT HATRED is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 10:39   #132
Oramac

OC'd at Starbucks here in MO yesterday evening as part of the Buycott. It went really well. We had ~7 of us show up at various times, and the barista's said they'd been taking in $2 bills all day. Both of them were more than OK with us OCing, and we even had a lady ask us about it, and stick around briefly for a short discussion on it. She was pleasantly surprised and happy that OC was legal where we were. We did explain MO's unusual municipality laws and such.

Also, this was my first time OCing outside my own home. I was nervous at the beginning, but as the evening progressed I got much more comfortable.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Oramac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 10:49   #133
RGbiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT HATRED View Post
No, the one on Rural just south of the 202 next to in and out.
Ooops, wrong city. I assumed you meant Tucson.

Then I noticed your location.

My bad!
Old 02-15-2012, 11:02   #134
RGbiker

Valentine Day OC at a local Starbucks went well for a dozen of us in Tucson. We gathered around 6:30am and enjoyed cups of "JOE" and munching on biscuits for about an hour.

Place was busy. And all the while, no one questioned our guns. No police were summoned. No panic from soccer Moms gulping down overpriced fattening drinks. No children required state funded counseling after viewing a handgun. and best of all - no little kittens were harmed.

I love Arizona....
Old 02-15-2012, 19:09   #135
PawDog
NRA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by frontier2011 View Post
Quoted OFF TOPIC post deleted
In case you somehow "missed" this a couple of posts above your's.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP
Lets try this again.

Just post about your open carry experiences, any problems you had, and positive encounters with others.

If you want, describe your carry rig, how you dressed, time of day, frequency of carry in that location...any details that will help others decide whether open carry is for them.

Remember, Open Carry is NOT for everyone.

Laws restrict open carrying in certain jurisdictions.

If you disagree with open carry, that's fine, but this thread is NOT for arguing pro/con open carry. Any posts in that vein will be deleted and the author will receive an infraction for trolling.

If you want to debate Open Carry, express your negative views, please, we encourage you to start a new thread.

Also, if you want to discuss a post, to ask questions, quote the post and start a new thread in the main Carry Issues Forum.

Last, no bashing law enforcement.

RussP
Thanks, Paw...

RussP

Last edited by RussP; 02-15-2012 at 19:58..
PawDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 08:03   #136
redbaron007
Lifetime Membership
A Nice Prick!

OC'd at Starbucks on Valentine's Day. No even a second look.

A good time had by all, mainly me.

red
TopGun *357sig* Club - #2632
The 10 Ring #00720

R.I.P. Cajunator® ~ R.I.P. JTull7
R.I.P. Mullah (aka El_Ron1) ~ R.I.P. GioaJack ~ R.I.P. Okie
redbaron007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 23:50   #137
Glock Fanatic

whats the deal with starbucks??? did I miss something?

G19 Gen 4
G23 Gen 3
S&W Model 40
Glock Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 08:16   #138
RussP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock Fanatic View Post
whats the deal with starbucks??? did I miss something?
Starbucks needs our help!

Support Starbucks

Victims Group to Boycott Starbucks Over Firearms

Visit your local Starbucks on Valentine's Day

Valentines Day OPEN CARRY to support Starbucks (they supported us)

Anti-boycott Starbucks on Febuary 14th.

If you'd like to discuss Starbucks, either reply to one of the above threads that is still open, or start a new thread in Carry Issues.

Thanks...

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 08:31   #139
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.

Saw OCer walking through Wal-Mart. Followed him for a short time to see if he was a nut about to do something crazy and would need to be shot in the back of the head.

He didn't, never saw me, never suspected a thing, and everything was fine.

Last edited by series1811; 02-19-2012 at 08:31..
series1811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 16:49   #140
SCmasterblaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightrain View Post
I live In a suburb of Cleveland, Oh and open cary quite often, I also have a CCW but have never had a bad experince when OC'ing
What Cleveland suburb? I grew up in BrookPark and went to high school in Euclid, OH.