GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-31-2010, 16:10   #1
CDR_Glock

Best 9mm for reliability? Best for accuracy? Best out of the box?

In your experience what are your favorite 9mm pistols for accuracy? I think Glock 17 and Browning HP. What are your opinions?

How about the most reliable out of the box? I would personally think the Glock 19, Browning HP and Beretta 92 FS. How about you?

How about most reliable, in general?

The reason I ask is that my friend would like a Springfield Loaded 1911 9mm. He has only read about them. We haven't seen one to buy let alone shoot. My top pick for him is the Beretta 92 FS, given my experience with the M9. Your thoughts?

My YouTube Channel:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
CDR_Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 18:22   #2
Mas Ayoob
KoolAidAntidote

CDR, in my experience the most accurate out of the box 9mms have been the Beretta, the SIG classic series, and the HK P7 and HK's old P9S. The Performance Center S&Ws are top notch in that respect.

For reliability, the Beretta, Glock, and SIG 9mms are all top tier.

The standard size 1911 in 9mm can be very accurate, but isn't famous for reliability because the 9X19 cartridge is shorter than what the "slide stroke" was designed for. An exception is the Springfield Armory EMP, which is scaled down specifically for the 9mm (and .40 S&W and .45 GAP) cartridge length. I wish they'd make the dark think in a 5" barrel match gun format.

Just one more guy's opinion.

Best,
Mas
Mas Ayoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 19:44   #3
CDR_Glock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mas Ayoob View Post
CDR, in my experience the most accurate out of the box 9mms have been the Beretta, the SIG classic series, and the HK P7 and HK's old P9S. The Performance Center S&Ws are top notch in that respect.

For reliability, the Beretta, Glock, and SIG 9mms are all top tier.

The standard size 1911 in 9mm can be very accurate, but isn't famous for reliability because the 9X19 cartridge is shorter than what the "slide stroke" was designed for. An exception is the Springfield Armory EMP, which is scaled down specifically for the 9mm (and .40 S&W and .45 GAP) cartridge length. I wish they'd make the dark think in a 5" barrel match gun format.

Just one more guy's opinion.

Best,
Mas
Thanks, Mas.

So the only reliable 1911 style 9mm is the EMP? I haven't seen one in a store. I hope to see one in a gun show.

My YouTube Channel:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
CDR_Glock is offline   Reply With Quote