Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-05-2010, 19:34   #1
AGF0526

refinishing glock slide

I plan on refininshing my glock slide with durabake it requires a baking at 300 degrees for 15 min, to cure. Will that heat damage my night sights? Should they be removed proir to refinishing?
AGF0526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 15:21   #2
RobarGuns
GT Sponsor

You MUST remove the sights before baking it or the tritium tubes will be destroyed. We always remove the sights (or at lease the tubes) before any process that invloves heat - you would be OK up to 150 degrees, maybe even 200, but 300 - no way.
RobarGuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 23:27   #3
glockmutt

Send a message via AIM to glockmutt Send a message via Yahoo to glockmutt
There is also a bushing in the firing pin channel that may be KO'd in the process. When I had my slide hard chromed that was something that had to be replaced.
14 yrs Deputy Sheriff
8 yrs Bartender
glockmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 17:36   #4
lsbbigdog

You will definitely need to pull the channel liner out and re-install a new one because 9 out of 10 times the old one get damaged during removal.

Last edited by lsbbigdog; 08-03-2010 at 17:36..
lsbbigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 20:58   #5
CJVK1031

I'm interested in having my gen2 17 slide refinished by Robar with the Poly-T2 tan. For $120? What is the turnaround time for this service?
CJVK1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:10   #6
UrbanCowboy
Koch Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJVK1031 View Post
I'm interested in having my gen2 17 slide refinished by Robar with the Poly-T2 tan. For $120? What is the turnaround time for this service?
Directly from Robar's FAQ'S,
"Turnaround time varies based on the work being done, our current workload, parts availability, etc. When we enter your order in to our system, we will mail you an order confirmation that will detail the work we are doing, the cost for the work and an estimated delivery date for your order. This is our best estimate of when the work will be complete; it is not a guarantee or firm commitment to have your order done on that date. We make every effort to meet the estimated delivery date provided, however we cannot always do so. What we will NEVER do is compromise the quality of our workmanship to rush your order to completion. Quality custom work takes time - sometimes longer than anticipated - but when you do receive your firearm back it will be worth the wait!
H&K Club #9999. S&W, Walther, Kahr, KelTec, Tactical Shotgun, Kalashnikov, SKS Carbiners, Milsurp and S&P Club #999.
UrbanCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 18:37   #7
g29cc
Custom Work

I wouldnt recommend doing the night sights. But if you must your pretty safe to 250 degrees. 300 degrees you can probably get away at a short time. But I wouldnt push it.

200 degrees will cure most coatings fairly well , but just at a longer cure time.

Thanks
Todd
g29cc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 06:04   #8
JGaltNJax

unless you just have to have a different color, I don't know why anyone would want to re-do a Glock slide.....they hold up extremely well for years as is....
JGaltNJax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 08:29   #9
Glock 1

I find it helpful in removing the firing pin channel liner to put a few drops of gun oil down the channel and let it sit a few minutes. Then take a fresh and plump (not a skimpy off brand) Q-tip and douse it in gun cleaner, carefully jam it down the firing pin channel (it should be a tight fit), let sit for a few minutes and slowly remove it. Twist slightly as you pull it out. 9 out of 10 times it will bring the liner out unscathed for me. Good luck. I would also not bake the sights.

The Pistol Depot

Last edited by Glock 1; 07-21-2013 at 08:30..
Glock 1 is offline   Reply With Quote