Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2010, 16:29   #1
Restless28
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Solsbury Hill
Posts: 16,259
Mossberg 930SPX vs. Remington 1100 Tactical

I'm looking for feedback on these guns. My use would be for HD, SHTF, and fun.
Restless28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 23:25   #2
mixflip
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 6,739
+1 for the Mossberg 930SPX. I have one and love it!!! I had a Remington 1187 and it gave me headaches with reliability. I am sure it was an isolated and uncommon issue but I just lost all confidence in it as a defensive semi-auto regardless.

Last edited by mixflip; 08-13-2010 at 23:25..
mixflip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 23:39   #3
ronin.45
Senior Member
 
ronin.45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NE OHIO
Posts: 8,910
I would go for the 930SPX between these two. It is a solid gun with some nice features. The GR sights and a pic rail for around $600 is hard to beat.
__________________
As I go through life I keep coming to the same conclusion, people are generally stupid.
ronin.45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 22:39   #4
elsolo
Senior Member
 
elsolo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: socal
Posts: 12,214
I have the 1100 tactical, solid gun. I wanted a Competition Master but that model was discontinued, given a new color scheme and name, and I bought it for about $600 new on sale

It's a well established platform with lots of aftermarket support, as it has been very popular for quite some time. It is gas operated, so keep a spare O-ring.

What individual features does the OP want on his new shotgun?
-The big, welded on, front sight on the 930 or ribbed barrel w/ low profile FO on the 1100
-Fixed choke on 930, or replaceable on the 1100
-Thumb activated safety on top, or at the trigger guard
-No desire to modify it in any way, or prefer lots of different options in new and used factory and aftermarket parts
elsolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 14:53   #5
m24shooter
Senior Member
 
m24shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by elsolo View Post
What individual features does the OP want on his new shotgun?
-The big, welded on, front sight on the 930 or ribbed barrel w/ low profile FO on the 1100
Or get the 930 Field/Security if you want a bead sight. Or just get an extra barrel for the SPX.
Quote:
-Fixed choke on 930, or replaceable on the 1100
If you want chokes on the 930, you can have the barrel threaded for them or again get one of the sport barrels.
Quote:
-Thumb activated safety on top, or at the trigger guard
Correct.
Quote:
-No desire to modify it in any way, or prefer lots of different options in new and used factory and aftermarket parts
Are you talking about a third shotgun with respect to not being modified and no aftermarket parts?
m24shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 16:17   #6
VZ1600
Senior Member
 
VZ1600's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Plainfield, Illinois
Posts: 367
Awhile back when I was looking to purchase my first auto-loader I looked at the same two shotguns the OP is asking about. The 2 major factors that swayed me to buying a Mossberg SPX were...

1. Reliability. I know that the Remington 1100 is extremely reliable with buckshot and slugs. But being I wanted a semi-auto for the same reasons as the OP, "HD, SHTF, and fun", the reviews I read prior to the purchase pointed to the SPX. My SPX feeds everything (including my own very light reloads) without issue.

2. Price. Although I may have been able to find a lower price online, locally the 1100 Tactical is about $150 to $200 more than the SPX. $150 to $200 is a good amount of cash for ammo and/or accessories.

I have almost 4000 rounds thru my SPX so far, and it has proven to be an extremely reliable and fun shotgun. I recommend it highly!

The Guinea
__________________
"It is better to have a gun and not need it than to need a gun and not have it."

Proud Father of a United States Marine!
VZ1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 16:32   #7
Restless28
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Solsbury Hill
Posts: 16,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by VZ1600 View Post
Awhile back when I was looking to purchase my first auto-loader I looked at the same two shotguns the OP is asking about. The 2 major factors that swayed me to buying a Mossberg SPX were...

1. Reliability. I know that the Remington 1100 is extremely reliable with buckshot and slugs. But being I wanted a semi-auto for the same reasons as the OP, "HD, SHTF, and fun", the reviews I read prior to the purchase pointed to the SPX. My SPX feeds everything (including my own very light reloads) without issue.

2. Price. Although I may have been able to find a lower price online, locally the 1100 Tactical is about $150 to $200 more than the SPX. $150 to $200 is a good amount of cash for ammo and/or accessories.

I have almost 4000 rounds thru my SPX so far, and it has proven to be an extremely reliable and fun shotgun. I recommend it highly!

The Guinea

This is the post I was looking for. The 930 is much maligned by many as a 50 percent gun. Half work, half don't according to many folks.
Restless28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 16:56   #8
m24shooter
Senior Member
 
m24shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 218
http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum...930-SPX-Review
m24shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 17:26   #9
elsolo
Senior Member
 
elsolo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: socal
Posts: 12,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by m24shooter View Post
Or get the 930 Field/Security if you want a bead sight. Or just get an extra barrel for the SPX.

If you want chokes on the 930, you can have the barrel threaded for them or again get one of the sport barrels.


Are you talking about a third shotgun with respect to not being modified and no aftermarket parts?
The primary consideration for the 930 is the lower price.
Buying extra barrels negates the savings. The OP specified the two models, but they have several differences and it might be beneficial to decide which are preferred and which don't matter.

The last part is to question the buyer if the way the gun is setup from the factory is exactly how he wants it, or if he plans on modifying it.

-If no changes are wanted, the 930 will be a little cheaper.
-If modifications are planned, choosing the model with a longer production history and greater aftermarket support will be of value.
elsolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 17:32   #10
VZ1600
Senior Member
 
VZ1600's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Plainfield, Illinois
Posts: 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless28 View Post
This is the post I was looking for. The 930 is much maligned by many as a 50 percent gun. Half work, half don't according to many folks.
I'd have to disagree with the 50% statement.

While you can find alot of info (good and bad) about the 930 throughout the web, the largest collection of SPX owners is at the shotgunworld.com forums. Most (being fair, not all) SPX/930 owners there have had complete success with their Mossbergs. And from what I read there was the final push to pick the SPX over the 1100.

The biggest gripe I encountered over at that forum was not reliability, but the occasional canted front sight on the SPX model. So when I purchased my SPX, that was the first thing I looked for. The first one I picked up off the shelf was perfectly aligned and I was good to go.

M24shooter IMHO is one of the best reviewers of the SPX on the web right now. He tests all sorts of accessories and gives lots of advice on the SPX. So you can take whatever advice he gives on the SPX very seriously. And no, I am not digging in m24shooters ass. The man has a ton of trigger time with the SPX and knows the weapon inside and out. Just giving him props.
__________________
"It is better to have a gun and not need it than to need a gun and not have it."

Proud Father of a United States Marine!
VZ1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 18:25   #11
m24shooter
Senior Member
 
m24shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by elsolo View Post
The primary consideration for the 930 is the lower price.
Buying extra barrels negates the savings.
That's one way of looking at it. The other is that for the cost of the 1100 you could have a 930 and several barrels.
Quote:
The OP specified the two models, but they have several differences and it might be beneficial to decide which are preferred and which don't matter.
Agreed. I was listing other options.
Quote:
The last part is to question the buyer if the way the gun is setup from the factory is exactly how he wants it, or if he plans on modifying it.

-If no changes are wanted, the 930 will be a little cheaper.
-If modifications are planned, choosing the model with a longer production history and greater aftermarket support will be of value.
There are quite a few aftermarket items available for the 930, and more being brought to market in the near future. I don't know that there's a whole lot that can be done to an 1100/1187 that can't be done to a 930.
m24shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 22:25   #12
elsolo
Senior Member
 
elsolo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: socal
Posts: 12,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by m24shooter View Post
That's one way of looking at it. The other is that for the cost of the 1100 you could have a 930 and several barrels.

The overall cost of buying one replacement barrel for a 930 makes it more expensive than the 1100. Saving a $100 is the only advantage the 930 has, once that is gone, are there any advantages?

In addition to the lack of choices the 930 has in this department, it also lacks the surplus of used parts to augment the market. It also limits your ability to sell your take-off parts to recoup costs, their share of the market is trivial.


Quote:
Originally Posted by m24shooter View Post
There are quite a few aftermarket items available for the 930, and more being brought to market in the near future. I don't know that there's a whole lot that can be done to an 1100/1187 that can't be done to a 930.
Surprisingly, Brownell's and Midway both list only a couple of 930 parts, yet several pages of 1100 parts. You couldn't even buy a drop-in sidesaddle shell carrier because nobody makes one. Several decades on the market as a very popular model gives the 1100 a lead that the Mossberg will never close.

I didn't even have to go to the aftermarket with my 1100, it is available configured how I wanted it from the factory. I didn't need to replace brand new parts with different new parts at my expense, most noticeably:

22" vent rib barrel with interchangeable chokes
8 rd magazine same length as barrel
Over-sized bolt handle
Cushy, limb-saver type butt pad

If the 930 is set up exactly as desired, you can save $100 compared to an 1100 tactical that has additional features like screw-in chokes that you might not need or want to pay additional for.

If you are going to change anything, it's not going to save you money starting with a bare bones model that has little available for it. The price difference between the two models is $100 (based on gunbroker pricing), I wouldn't put too much emphasis on that 'savings' while determining which one is right.

Last edited by elsolo; 08-15-2010 at 23:21..
elsolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 01:52   #13
mixflip
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 6,739
M24shooter is responsible for my 930SPX purchase also. I already knew I wanted it but his review sealed the deal. (keep in mind I already had a Reminigton 1187 - thats how much I wanted the 930SPX)
mixflip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 06:01   #14
m24shooter
Senior Member
 
m24shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by elsolo View Post
The overall cost of buying one replacement barrel for a 930 makes it more expensive than the 1100. Saving a $100 is the only advantage the 930 has, once that is gone, are there any advantages?
Unless the OP went with the Field/Security combo as I suggested when you brought up cost. By the way, why is cost the only advantage?
Quote:
In addition to the lack of choices the 930 has in this department,
I'll come back to this "issue" in a moment.
Quote:
it also lacks the surplus of used parts to augment the market. It also limits your ability to sell your take-off parts to recoup costs, their share of the market is trivial.
Surplus of used parts? Really?
As far as selling used parts I don't even see that as an issue. Regardless, I've had absolutely no problems selling several 930 parts.
Quote:
Surprisingly, Brownell's and Midway both list only a couple of 930 parts, yet several pages of 1100 parts.
Oh, well if Brownell's and Midway don't have it I guess it doesn't exist. But more on this too in a moment.
Quote:
You couldn't even buy a drop-in sidesaddle shell carrier because nobody makes one.
Really? Because I could swear that I have a TacStar one. And a 3 Gun Gear one. And that Mesa Tactical makes one. But if you say that they don't exist...
Quote:
Several decades on the market as a very popular model gives the 1100 a lead that the Mossberg will never close.
Sure thing bro.
Quote:
I didn't even have to go to the aftermarket with my 1100, it is available configured how I wanted it from the factory. I didn't need to replace brand new parts with different new parts at my expense, most noticeably:

22" vent rib barrel with interchangeable chokes
The Field/Security has a 26" barrel with interchangeable chokes.
Quote:
8 rd magazine same length as barrel
SPX model has same. Several aftermarket magazine extensions available at various price points for a variety of capacities to match longer barrels.
Quote:
Over-sized bolt handle
Mossberg has an OEM enlarged bolt handle. There are several others available as well.
Quote:
Cushy, limb-saver type butt pad
Mossberg includes a nice butt pad on the 930 and SPX models as well.
Quote:
If the 930 is set up exactly as desired, you can save $100 compared to an 1100 tactical that has additional features like screw-in chokes that you might not need or want to pay additional for.
I don't see what the big deal is about ordering parts if you want to add something to a 930, either the SPX or F/S combo.
Quote:
If you are going to change anything, it's not going to save you money starting with a bare bones model that has little available for it. The price difference between the two models is $100 (based on gunbroker pricing), I wouldn't put too much emphasis on that 'savings' while determining which one is right.
You're the only one pushing the savings issue.
But as for your contention of there being little available for the 930:

Tactical Shotguns
We got bolt handles.

Tactical Shotguns
We got mag tube clamps, rails, and lights.
Tactical Shotguns

Tactical Shotguns
We got sling plates.

Tactical Shotguns
Sidesaddles? We got 'em!
m24shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 06:02   #15
m24shooter
Senior Member
 
m24shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 218
Wow, GT says I can only post 6 images in a reply. No problem for a shotgun with no aftermarket support or any kind of used parts underground supply system right? Apparently not! I had to split this response because of the number of pictures of non-existent parts.

Tactical Shotguns
Hi-vis followers too!

Tactical Shotguns
Enlarged safties? You betcha!

Tactical Shotguns
Different mag tube lengths? Got 'em!

Tactical Shotguns
No wai Shooter!??! There couldn't be a bayonet mount! Elsolo says there isn't an aftermarket of surplus used parts for the 930 and they cost too much! But there it is!

Tactical Shotguns
How about a gaudy big ass rail with 6' of rail that nobody could possibly ever fill up? Yup!

These pics don't even include the Choate pistol grip stock, the 3 Gun Gear shell carrier, the GG&G sling plates (front and rear), barrel options, handguard rail replacement, S&J Hardware extension, and several other items.
By the way, several of those items pictured did in fact come from Brownell's and Midway, but there are quite a few other options as well to order 930 parts from. I haven't even touched on Aimpro.
m24shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 08:17   #16
m24shooter
Senior Member
 
m24shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 218
OP:
If you want to look at the 930 for HD/SHTF/fun, the 930 SPX will do that. I'm not sure what you're deeming as fun. If you are talking about just range time, the SPX will be fine for that. If you want to run 3 gun, clays, hunting, or similar you can go with the Field/Security combo that will give you a short defensive barrel and a longer barrel with interchangeable chokes if you need that. Or, you could have your SPX barrel threaded for them. It isn't a big deal, and doesn't cost much. The barrels for the regular 930 series will fit the SPX without a problem. When you want to go play, put a sporting barrel on and when the gun is around the house put the shorter barrel on it.
For stocks, you have the option for the standard conventional stock or the Choate PG stock. There will be some additional stocks becoming available. So far, Speedfeed has not decided to offer a magazine stock for them yet.
For safeties, you have the stock plastic model. You can use the Mossberg metal button. You can use the ETA metal arrowhead safety. You can use the Vang metal safety. You can use the Brownell's ski jump metal safety. You can use the CavArms butterfly metal safety.
For sights, the SPX comes with the LPA ghost rings. You can add those to the F/S or any other model. You can add the Mossberg GRS kit. You can add the LPA with the fixed rear sight. You can add one of the Aimpro sight kits. You can use something like an XS Big Dot on the plain or vent rib barrels. There are a few others that can be used.
You don't have to worry about different pistons or O rings (as mentioned by Elsolo) with the SPX.
ETA is about to start selling the Bobcat replacement for the foreend. It is a three rail aluminum drop in replacement that will be very close in weight to the OEM unit. They are already offering the huge Bulldozer rail that I pictured previously. There is also a smaller Rhino full length top rail with short side rails at the muzzle end and a bottom rail as well. Aimpro is supposed to be coming out with a railed replacement foreend as well.
Aimpro does some barrel customizing and tuning. You can have your forcing cone lengthened and polished, and porting is an option. Choke tube threading is widely available.
Bolt knobs are available from Mossberg, Choate, Nordic, ETA, and if you can find one Gun Connection. The GC knob isn't produced anymore, but was probably the best.
Followers are available from Nordic, Choate, S&J Hardware, Vang, Wilson/SGT, Brownell's, and Aimpro.
Magazine extensions are available from Choate (the OEM as a +3), Nordic, S&J Hardware, and Gun Connection. Each of those have a variety of lengths so you can adjust your capacity to work with pretty much any barrel length you want.
Mag tube clamps are available from Nordic, Mesa, CDM, and the horrible generic Choate version. Most have a rail section or optional rails sections that can be added as desired.
Barrels are available in a variety of lengths, muzzle devices, and chokes from Mossberg.
The shell carriers are available from 3 Gun Gear, TacStar, and Mesa. The one pictured in my photo above is actually a modified 870 shell carrier that I put together because I wanted to keep the weight down and at the time there wasn't another one available. TacStar and Mesa have both come out with models for the 930 since that time, and the 3 Gun Gear has been available for a while.

Last edited by m24shooter; 08-16-2010 at 08:26..
m24shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 08:40   #17
elsolo
Senior Member
 
elsolo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: socal
Posts: 12,214
No need to repost all the pics from your link to your "review" of the 930. Reading through that suggests the opposite of a strong aftermarket, yet the need to replace half the little parts on the gun.

It is apparent that you are a vendor of the parts you took so many pictures of, no wonder why you are taking this so personal.

Who mentioned price as a selling point? (you did)
The 930 SPX is loaded with features that attracted me to it, and the price was a bargain compared to what a comparable package would cost from Remington or Benelli, .

So is it a bargain at $100 less than an 1100 that comes with all the features that you replaced on the 930 at additional cost?

Bayonet mount and tactical cheese grater fore end, that does cover everything a guy could want on his shotgun. I bet the 930 will dominate 3-gun competitions now.

Will you need to take the hacksaw to the new tactical fore end like you did with the factory unit? Can you reach the safety with the choate pistol grip stock?

Has Mossberg fixed the problems with canted front sights and stripped out holes in the Al receiver, or have they continued to live up to their reputation?

Enough with pointing out negatives.
What makes the Mossberg 930 a good choice compared to the alternatives?
elsolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 09:32   #18
m24shooter
Senior Member
 
m24shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by elsolo View Post
No need to repost all the pics from your link to your "review" of the 930. Reading through that suggests the opposite of a strong aftermarket, yet the need to replace half the little parts on the gun.
Hey bro, did you catch the date on that review? That review started in 2007: almost three years ago. Hasn't been updated in over a year. That review spans the intervening years and shows my experience with a variety of items. The market's grown since then.
As for needing to replace half the little parts, not at all. I chose to replace those. The great majority of shooters will be fine with the shotgun right out of the box. Since I review stuff, I get asked to reviewed items for the shotgun (and other guns). By your logic anybody who reviews an aftermarket item is saying that it is mandatory to change that item out. Not true at all. Might be simpler for you to support your point of view by assuming that, but it still isn't true.
As far as needing to repost the pics from my "review" I just thought that since you don't take my word for the presence of an aftermarket of options for the 930 you might like the visual proof. You were quite certain in your statements previously. And why the quotes on review?
Quote:
It is apparent that you are a vendor of the parts you took so many pictures of, no wonder why you are taking this so personal.
And it is apparent that not only did you not have any idea what you were talking about when you said there were no available accessories for the 930, but you also have no idea what you're talking about as far as my being a vendor either. Please indicate where I sell these items. Please show a single commercial link between myself and anybody who makes any of those items. Please show a single commercial link between myself and anyone who sells any of those items. I defy you to do this. In fact, in that review I direct people to a range of other vendors, and not a single time to myself. Not once.
As for taking this personally, please.
Quote:
Who mentioned price as a selling point? (you did)
Quote:
The 930 SPX is loaded with features that attracted me to it, and the price was a bargain compared to what a comparable package would cost from Remington or Benelli, .
Dude, I said that in my review. I never said anything about the cost here until you did, and the OP still hasn't said anything about cost. And since you appear to be reading challenged please note the first sentence from the above quote. I'll help you out: "..loaded with features.."
Quote:
So is it a bargain at $100 less than an 1100 that comes with all the features that you replaced on the 930 at additional cost?
Since you missed it in your first attempt to read that review, very little had been done to the 930 SPX at that point of the review. And yes, out of the box it is still quite a bargain.
Quote:
Bayonet mount and tactical cheese grater fore end, that does cover everything a guy could want on his shotgun. I bet the 930 will dominate 3-gun competitions now.
Sorry dude, more fail on your part. I mentioned those as examples of just how wide the aftermarket has gotten for the shotgun. I don't have either of those on my shotgun. As I mentioned earlier, I review stuff. That means people ask me to look at items they are producing.
Neither of those have anything to do with 3 gun, and I never indicated they did.
Quote:
Will you need to take the hacksaw to the new tactical fore end like you did with the factory unit?
Nope, it is actually about the same length as the modification that I did. See, signs of a responsive aftermarket. In addition, that modification was made due to the way I reload. It is a comfort thing for me, that's all. There are a lot of users out there that have not felt the need to do that, and work just fine with it. It was something that I as an individual wanted. Not a design flaw or defect.
Quote:
Can you reach the safety with the choate pistol grip stock?
Which one? Like I said, there are several including some that are wider solely for that purpose. In general, yes you can. The shooter may have to adjust their firing hand position to do so. Some people have no problem with this, some do.
Quote:
Has Mossberg fixed the problems with canted front sights and stripped out holes in the Al receiver, or have they continued to live up to their reputation?
Canted front sights? Yes, although there are still some old stock that are out there. They've even added taller front sights to counter the issues some users had with high POI. Stripping out the holes? Haven't heard of that particular problem in a while. Again, look at the dates that that was talked about.
Mossberg continues to have issues with QC and customer service. Anybody that has followed my review and comments on the shotgun is aware that I have been a vocal critic in that regard. Of course, since I'm just a shill that may surprise you.
That said, there are still a very large number of perfectly happy 930 users.
Quote:
Enough with pointing out negatives.
How about the fabrications? Or will you continue with those?
Quote:
What makes the Mossberg 930 a good choice compared to the alternatives?
I've already put it out there. So have several others. Besides, you were wondering why I reposted pics from my "review" so why would you want me to repost the written content?
I haven't said a single negative thing about the 1100. They are fine shotguns. What I have done is provide some information contrary to some of your points.
Good day, sir.
m24shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 13:16   #19
Ride5C2
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 78
I'll start by saying that I don't own an 1100, so cannot do a fair comparison. But, I do own the 930 SPX and love it. Bottom line, it just works, chugs away with all kinds of ammo, even low recoil target loads.

As to customizations, there are quite a few options for stock, pad, tube, bolt handle, choke, sling, etc., as to how many compared to 1100, no idea.

I find this gun to be just plain fun. That's my technical review for today.
Ride5C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 13:36   #20
elsolo
Senior Member
 
elsolo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: socal
Posts: 12,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by m24shooter View Post
Hey bro, did you catch the date on that review? That review started in 2007: almost three years ago. Hasn't been updated in over a year. That review spans the intervening years and shows my experience with a variety of items. The market's grown since then.
I saw the date, you decided that information was relevent to this discussion. I am sure the market has exploded with usefull upgrades in the last two years.

Quote:
As for needing to replace half the little parts, not at all. I chose to replace those. The great majority of shooters will be fine with the shotgun right out of the box. Since I review stuff, I get asked to reviewed items for the shotgun (and other guns). By your logic anybody who reviews an aftermarket item is saying that it is mandatory to change that item out. Not true at all. Might be simpler for you to support your point of view by assuming that, but it still isn't true.
People replace new, non-defective parts all the time; usually to gain some benefit the original part lacked. The 1100 came with most of those from the factory, so it's only fair to add them to the 930 when comparing the two.
Quote:
As far as needing to repost the pics from my "review" I just thought that since you don't take my word for the presence of an aftermarket of options for the 930 you might like the visual proof. You were quite certain in your statements previously. And why the quotes on review?
Your link was what I referred to with the sidesaddle comment. Must have gone over your head.
I never said there was NO aftermarket support for the 930, just that the 1100 has much greater aftermarket support. Is that a reading comprehension issue, intentional strawman, or a combination of the two on your part?
"Review" is in quotes because it's not a review.
Quote:
And it is apparent that not only did you not have any idea what you were talking about when you said there were no available accessories for the 930, but you also have no idea what you're talking about as far as my being a vendor either. Please indicate where I sell these items. Please show a single commercial link between myself and anybody who makes any of those items. Please show a single commercial link between myself and anyone who sells any of those items. I defy you to do this. In fact, in that review I direct people to a range of other vendors, and not a single time to myself. Not once.
As for taking this personally, please.
Once again, you are arguing against something I never claimed. Somewhat dishonest practice, maybe it was just a mistake. Lets look at what you said regarding the parts:
"Sidesaddles? We got 'em!"
"We got sling plates."
"We got mag tube clamps, rails, and lights."
"We got bolt handles."


I suppose the confusion might be related to your decision to include yourself in the group of people that "got 'em".

If you are not taking this personally, why have you decided to include personal attacks in your posts?


Quote:
I never said anything about the cost here until you did, and the OP still hasn't said anything about cost. And since you appear to be reading challenged please note the first sentence from the above quote. I'll help you out: "..loaded with features.."
What was i thinking, considering cost as one of the factors a consumer might consider when deciding between two interchangeable items. If it is such a big deal who mentioned it first, it was neither of us.

That didn't stop you from attempting to be clever while making the false claim, "for the cost of the 1100 you could have a 930 and several barrels."

I'm not sure, is that statement a fail or fabrication?
elsolo is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 20:29.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,288
405 Members
883 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31