Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-23-2010, 14:43   #1
truckmsl

Lone Wolf Chamber Support

Just compared a new Lone Wolf barrel to a stock, (new) Glock 35 barrel, and the Glock barrel has much more visible chamber support at the feed ramp than the Lone Wolf -what the heck?! This is totally opposite from an older Lone Wolf barrel that I have for my Glock 23.

I shoot cast, and like the Lone Wolf for the tighter chamber and subsequent longer brass life, but if I was shooting full house loads all the time I would be very disappointed in the lack of chamber support in the newer barrels.

I asked Lone Wolf about this and they said it was the new design. I haven't heard of this mentioned anywhere and was just wondering if any of you guys have experienced this. Seems odd to me that they would sell a barrel with less chamber support than the factory barrel.
truckmsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 18:08   #2
D. Manley

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckmsl View Post
Just compared a new Lone Wolf barrel to a stock, (new) Glock 35 barrel, and the Glock barrel has much more visible chamber support at the feed ramp than the Lone Wolf -what the heck?! This is totally opposite from an older Lone Wolf barrel that I have for my Glock 23.

I shoot cast, and like the Lone Wolf for the tighter chamber and subsequent longer brass life, but if I was shooting full house loads all the time I would be very disappointed in the lack of chamber support in the newer barrels.

I asked Lone Wolf about this and they said it was the new design. I haven't heard of this mentioned anywhere and was just wondering if any of you guys have experienced this. Seems odd to me that they would sell a barrel with less chamber support than the factory barrel.
Glock's chamber support has been completely adequate for quite some time...far better than internet lore would have you believe. I've not seen either (new or old) versions of the LW barrel but don't confuse a "tighter chamber" with "chamber support" (feed ramp). Glock has always had and continues to have generous internal chamber dimensions and it's a pretty safe bet the LW is indeed tighter. Unless loads bulged the brass at the feed ramp, brass life should be excellent and I wouldn't give it a second thought.
D. Manley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 22:22   #3
herdingcats
still new

Put some rounds through the new barrel and let us know if you get any bulged cases. I'd like to know if you see any negative impact.
herdingcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 08:43   #4
truckmsl

hcats,

The G35 is my range gun and is normally fed medium power target loads without any issues with the Lone Wolf, but I'll run some full house loads through it this week and let you know.

Don't get me wrong about Lone Wolf, the barrel is near perfect in every other way and the customer sevice has been good. I'm only stating an observation regarding the case support.
Old 08-24-2010, 12:14   #5
herdingcats
still new

Right on truckmsl... I'll look for your post. Have a great week!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Processed 223 Brass
Old 08-24-2010, 12:19   #6
herdingcats
still new

Oh yea, and I love my LW barrel too. Never a complaint, though it took a little getting used to as not all ammo would feed into it. Really I'm just curious to see how your new one works out for you.

Enjoy!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Processed 223 Brass
Old 08-24-2010, 12:44   #7
truckmsl

.401 truncated cones were hanging up at the leade end of the chamber for me at first. I had Lone Wolf open up the leade end diameter and now all is good.