Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-26-2010, 09:46   #1
KAK

Decided a Gemtrch G5 223 supressor

Hi guys I'm new to NFA items and have decided I need a Gemtech G5 supressor. I have decided to go the corporation route because I already own an LLC.

What would be my first step in the process to buy this? Paperwork? That 200 dollar tax?

Thanks guys!
KAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 10:23   #2
jpa
CLM Number 268
Charter Lifetime Member

Send a message via AIM to jpa Send a message via Yahoo to jpa
If you want to save yourself some cash, wait until April 15th next year. Every year Gemtech does their "GemTax" promotion where they pay the tax stamp on selected models you buy from April 15th thru 30th. This year I picked up a G5 for ~ $850 out the door. This was this year's list.

SANDSTORM – A precision-crafted, accurate, and 100% high-grade featherweight titanium 7.62 NATO and subcaliber threadmounting silencer.

MULTIMOUNT – The best marriage of value and sonic performance going for 9mm handguns, carbines, and SMGs. Backed by GEMTECH, the innovators of the modular 9mm pistol/carbine silencer concept, with the best customer service in the business.

G5 – Industry leading sound performance in a National Stock Numbered 5.56mm carbine suppressor, in duty use with domestic and NATO troops around the world: Rugged and light, with a quick & secure mounting system.

RAPTOR – The quintessential and quiet SMG workhorse, with our patented and proven 3-lug female quick disconnect, mounts quickly and securely to MP5s and other 9mm carbines with a male 3-lug adapter (not included). Applies to both .40S&W and 9mm variants
Big Dawg #1408, TT #1408
Moto Club #1408, GSSF Member, NRA RSO
NRA Benefactor Member
jpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 10:56   #3
KAK

Sick!!! I can surely wait for that! Should I do anything to make this easier when the time comes?
KAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 11:56   #4
crazypilot
ERAU Alumni '05

There's a Gemtech group buy happening here. Let me know if you have any questions.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.htm...f=121&t=796975

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

G19, G23, P2000 (9mm), LMT Defender 2000, LMT MRP CQB, Ruger 10/22
crazypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 11:57   #5
jpa
CLM Number 268
Charter Lifetime Member

Send a message via AIM to jpa Send a message via Yahoo to jpa
If you already have your trust ready to go, just wait for them to announce the suppressors. They usually post them on their site and on ar15.com. Then you get to your local gemtech dealer, pay for them and wait. You send your Form 4 to Gemtech and they make the check out to the ATF and send it all in.
Big Dawg #1408, TT #1408
Moto Club #1408, GSSF Member, NRA RSO
NRA Benefactor Member
jpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 12:02   #6
crazypilot
ERAU Alumni '05

Once you purchase the suppressor. Your dealer will help you fill out the ATF Form 4. Once that is filled out, send two double sided copies of the Form 4 along with a copy of your trust and a $200 check to the ATF. Then sit back and wait.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

G19, G23, P2000 (9mm), LMT Defender 2000, LMT MRP CQB, Ruger 10/22
crazypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 12:39   #7
r2kba
Relax

My suggestion is to NOT use the corporate route unless you have tried, and failed to obtain a CLEO signature, and not to use a corporation involved in OTHER business. If your business folds, you have to dispose of the NFA item. If you really want to do the Trust and or LLC, form a new one and keep it separate from other business entities.
BIGDAWG #444 / Wheel#444

"I'd rather hunt with Dick Cheney than ride with Ted Kennedy ."

r2kba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 22:58   #8
UZIFORME

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAK View Post
Hi guys I'm new to NFA items and have decided I need a Gemtech G5 supressor. I have decided to go the corporation route because I already own an LLC.

What would be my first step in the process to buy this? Paperwork? That 200 dollar tax?

Thanks guys!
First off have you tried any brand of .223 silencer on a M16 type of gun?

The gas in the face if you decide to shoot it left handed is miserable, a bit more weight and length you can step into a .308 silencer and use it on many more guns than just a poodle shooter.
UZIFORME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 09:53   #9
Fireman1291
Firefighter/EMT

IMHO get a trust and dont use a LLC or business corp. Youll have to continue to pay fees if your business folds to keep the LLC active or youll have to sell your NFA items. Trust is the way to go.

Facebook Fanpage:

Email me for prices on Firearms/Suppressors

Fireman1291 is offline   Reply With Quote