Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-27-2010, 13:12   #1
hackinpeat

shooter induced accuracy issues, should I abandon the weaver style?

My primary use for my g26 is for SD. I would also like to do some competition shooting someday, but I am not willing to use two styles. I want to remain consistent.

I have been shooting my glock as follows for a while now.

Weaver stance, with my feet at about 30 degrees. The top half of my body slightly leaned in as if I were shooting a high recoil shotgun or rifle. My arms are near full extension with a slight bend in the elbows.

My grip has been an isometric pushing against the backstrap with my strong hand, and pulling back with my off hand. My thumbs are pointed at the target, and so far my accuracy is growing.
(I have seen a top GSSF pro state you should not do the isometric this way, you should press the sides together not front to back... but the isometric seems to work o.k. for me...I think)

My biggest issue currently is that I am tending to be dead center and a bit left of my targets. I took a video of myself shooting and it seems to be the exact moment the trigger breaks my muzzle flips a bit left. (It used to flip right before i modified my grip) The recoil also tends to kick the gun a bit to the left.

What am I doing wrong here? Is my offhand grip a bit too strong? Is it my trigger finger being in the wrong position?

I am just bouncing back from a injury to the trigger finger, but I shot fairly well yesterday. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated! This subcompact is a bit hard to handle but I have confidence that I can shoot like a pro with enough practice and good advice!
hackinpeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 16:54   #2
Mas Ayoob
KoolAidAntidote

hackinpeat, without seeing the video or watching you shoot in person, I can't say for sure.

Educated guess: if the movement is visible on the video just before the shot breaks, it sounds as if you're "pushing" or anticipating the shot.

Do some slow dry fire, making certain that the sights don't move when the striker snaps forward. Then run 50 or so slow fire shots the same way. Then start progressing faster and faster, but focusing on smoothness more than speed.

Let me know if that helps.

Best,
Mas
Mas Ayoob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 06:45   #3
hackinpeat

Thank you Mas, I'll see if that helps and I will take another video the next time I am out shooting.
hackinpeat is offline   Reply With Quote