Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-02-2010, 14:27   #1
BobInTX

Stoeger 2000 problems

I bought a Stoeger 2000 12 gauge semi-auto a couple of weeks ago. I took it to the clay sports range a couple of times to get used to it and break it in. I made the mistake of not stripping it down and cleaning and lubing all of it before the first time. I did lube the parts I had to assemble the first time I put it together.

The first time we went out it kept misfiring occasionally. The primer barely had a strike on it. Also, it was really inconsistent about loading another shell. This was very frustrating to say the least.

I stripped it like instructed in the manual and cleaned and lubed everything good and reassembled it. The next time I took it out it misfired on the very first shot again. You gotta be kidding me. I ejected all the shells and fired it several times unloaded. It never misfired again.

It still had problems cycling shells. It always ejects the shell in the chamber but it ocassionally doesn't load the next shell. It's as if the gun is empty. I can push the next shell back into the magazine and release it, and then hit the carrier release and the shell will make the "sha" sound and load when I pull the bolt back. I was using 2 3/4" shells, but used 3" shells one time and it cycled perfectly.

Has anybody else had problems with this gun? Is this something that will get better the more rounds I fire?

Thanks.
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me". Philippians 4:13.
BobInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 21:02   #2
TScottW99
NRA Life Member

Send a message via Yahoo to TScottW99
I love my Stoeger 2000 and have had your problem once. Went and read up on it and found that you have to use the right ammo. No handicapped or reduce recoil. Mine will shoot the Federal field and trap loads all day long. Switch to Remington and it will not feed or cycle.

When hunting in the field with turkey and waterfowl loads I have never once had a problem. I have fell in the river when it was 10* and the gun had ice all over it. Still ran like a champ. Took it out on Monday for a dove hunt and again on Tuesday for a goose hunt. Great guns!

Hunting, Fishing & Camping

- Dale Carnegie
TScottW99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 21:30   #3
BobInTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by TScottW99 View Post
I love my Stoeger 2000 and have had your problem once. Went and read up on it and found that you have to use the right ammo. No handicapped or reduce recoil. Mine will shoot the Federal field and trap loads all day long. Switch to Remington and it will not feed or cycle.

When hunting in the field with turkey and waterfowl loads I have never once had a problem. I have fell in the river when it was 10* and the gun had ice all over it. Still ran like a champ. Took it out on Monday for a dove hunt and again on Tuesday for a goose hunt. Great guns!

Hunting, Fishing & Camping
Thanks for the info. I've been using Remington ammo. I bought some different shells I'm going to use next trip to the clays course.
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me". Philippians 4:13.
BobInTX is offline   Reply With Quote