Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-03-2010, 18:04   #1
Tomac

Replace S&W M&P9 w/M&P9c?

Recently acquired a new M&P9 w/APEX sear/striker plate and I love it. Added Trijicon night sights, picked up some extra mags, etc and was planning on running it during a 2-day defensive handgun course next month.

However, while the wife liked shooting the M&P9 she didn't care for the size (she's petite) so I ordered an M&P9c (w/the same APEX parts) from Grant for her as she likes how it feels much better than the fullsize (great service & fast shipping, thx Grant!).

Anywho, I tried it out at the range yesterday side-by-side w/my fullsize and now *I* really like the 9c (I seem to shoot it just about as quick & accurately as the fullsize) and am seriously considering selling/trading my fullsize for a 9c that would be my CCW & nightstand gun.

So, should I replace the fullsize w/a compact? All input welcome, thx!...
Tomac
Old 09-03-2010, 19:35   #2
Jon_R
Silver Membership

Why not if you like the compact better go for it. I have a FS .40 and .45 M&P and like it a lot. A 9 Compact and maybe pro is on the list.

BTW I am obligated to recommend keep the FS and buy an additional compact. It is the only true answer.
Jon_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 07:35   #3
NailShooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomac View Post

....I tried it out at the range yesterday side-by-side w/my fullsize and now *I* really like the 9c (I seem to shoot it just about as quick & accurately as the fullsize) and am seriously considering selling/trading my fullsize for a 9c....

Tomac

Well, I might be where you are too.

I bought an M&P40C a few yrs back and liked the way it shot so very recently I added the full sized version. I shot the M&P40 the other day and thought the recoil was harsher and I couldn't seem to keep the shots as close together on the paper. The bigger version also did not seem to feel as good in the hand--got to try some of the other back strap inserts. I need to take them both to the range and do a side-by-side. I *think* that I may shoot and like the "C" version better. Regards,

Nail
NailShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 18:06   #4
happyguy
Na Ben Don Chat

I have a full size .40 Pro 4 inch and a 9c. Both have their place and I don't plan on letting either of them go anytime soon.

Regards,
Happyguy

Last edited by happyguy; 09-25-2010 at 18:06..
happyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 18:17   #5
Tomac

Ended up selling the fullsize and now we have 3 compacts.
Tomac

Top one is the wife's w/night sights, APEX sear & striker block and the S&W Micro P90 light.
Middle one is my nightstand compact w/the same night sights, APEX parts & S&W light along w/2 fullsize mags w/adapters.
Finally is my CCW compact which is identical to the nightstand compact (minus the light when carrying) but shown w/a 12rd compact mag for CCW w/a fullsize/adapter reload in a Galco leather pocket holder:
Smith & Wesson Club