Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-04-2010, 17:52   #1
Bello
America/Italia

Anyone use seen or heard of this?

http://www.smartreloader-usa.com/isd...dispenser.html

kinda want to pick one up.. i like the fact that it is a combo of both scale and powder measure. im using a ss press right now so i think it would be decent? looks like the rcbs one or maybe the hornady
Old 09-04-2010, 17:56   #2
DoctaGlockta

Save yourself a couple of hundred bucks

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct...tnumber=540522

- Barack Hussein Obama
DoctaGlockta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 19:28   #3
GioaJack
Conifer Jack

Rod:

Toys are always fun and I pretty much buy anything that comes along. I'm pretty sure P.T. Barnum had me in mind when he said a sucker is born every minute but most stuff, especially in the world of loading simply isn't needed.

If you're just loading for pistols you certainly don't need that... if you watch precision rifle shooters, or even talk to 'em they don't use 'em either. (Trickling use to be all the rage in bench shooting, now top end measures are so accurate they just drop a charge and pay closer attention to other variables.

The simple truth is you'll never be able to hold a pistol steady enough where a trickle charge makes a gnat's ass worth of difference. Old Docta' is wise beyond his loading years... just buy yourself a quality measure with a micro-stem if you really want to keep busy playing with super accurate measurements, (or move in with Little Stevie) or even save up just a few more dollars and buy a decent progressive. Just think of all the fun you could have joining in on the RED vs BLUE arguments!

Of course if you do end up getting a trickle scale I wouldn't blame ya... life is always enhanced by a new toy.

Jack

A PACIFIST is someone who won't raise their hands to defend themselves...
A COWARD is someone who won't raise their hands to defend someone else.
GioaJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 19:55   #4
n2extrm

I have a similar one the RCBS.

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct...tNumber=772151

I use only for rifle stuff and as Jack said it is not really needed. I was hand trickling every charge and thought this would be the way to go. If I was to do it over I would get a good measure like the Harrell's.

http://harrellsprec.com/index.php?cr...on=show_detail

I spoke to a fellow loading at the range and he loved it. Did some research and it has great reviews. They have more expensive ones, but this is affordable (compared to the chargemaster) and very consistent and repeatable. The chargemaster may be a little slow with pistol stuff. If you would like I will try to dump a pistol charge with it to give you an idea. Let me know.
Old 09-04-2010, 20:46   #5
Bello
America/Italia

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioaJack View Post
Rod:

Toys are always fun and I pretty much buy anything that comes along. I'm pretty sure P.T. Barnum had me in mind when he said a sucker is born every minute but most stuff, especially in the world of loading simply isn't needed.

If you're just loading for pistols you certainly don't need that... if you watch precision rifle shooters, or even talk to 'em they don't use 'em either. (Trickling use to be all the rage in bench shooting, now top end measures are so accurate they just drop a charge and pay closer attention to other variables.

The simple truth is you'll never be able to hold a pistol steady enough where a trickle charge makes a gnat's ass worth of difference. Old Docta' is wise beyond his loading years... just buy yourself a quality measure with a micro-stem if you really want to keep busy playing with super accurate measurements, (or move in with Little Stevie) or even save up just a few more dollars and buy a decent progressive. Just think of all the fun you could have joining in on the RED vs BLUE arguments!

Of course if you do end up getting a trickle scale I wouldn't blame ya... life is always enhanced by a new toy.

Jack

like i said earlier i got that hornady lnl ap itch...

p.s. jack its rob not rod!

Last edited by Bello; 09-04-2010 at 20:47..
Bello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 20:54   #6
GioaJack
Conifer Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bello View Post
like i said earlier i got that hornady lnl ap itch...

p.s. jack its rob not rod!

When you're hungry you eat, when you're tired you rest, when you itch you scratch.
Hey, cut me some slack, I'm old and often in a drug induced haze... which reminds me, where's my Metamucil?

Jack

A PACIFIST is someone who won't raise their hands to defend themselves...
A COWARD is someone who won't raise their hands to defend someone else.
GioaJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 07:02   #7
unclebob

I would get the RCBS one. Great reviews. I have the older RCBS Powdermaster scale and dispenser. I use for pistol. If I want too try different powder amounts. With out having too change the powder measure on the Dillon press. Once it is has self calibrated. Punch in the amount you what it too throw, press inter then dispense. After that you just hit dispense. Until you want too change the amount of powder or a different type powder.
I would not be without one.
http://www.6mmbr.com/catalog/item/1433308/1266096.htm
You can get one for 280.00. Or maybe even less.
GSSF Life Member