Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2010, 02:29   #1
pgg00
Senior Member
 
pgg00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Fled the emerald triangle
Posts: 2,586
trigger reset job

Has anyone had the trigger reset job done on their sigs from Sig's custom shop? I have a 239 that I'm thinking of doing that on. Out of all the guns I own it has the worse trigger I've ever felt. The length of the trigger reset it nuts. They claim it reduces the trigger reset length of travel by 60%. Before I waste $100 I would prefer to hear from people that have had it done.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.


WiskyT :whistling:
There's nothing like the fact that you can take educated professionals with everything on the line and add a little booze and they act like juniors in HS.
pgg00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 23:12   #2
pgg00
Senior Member
 
pgg00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Fled the emerald triangle
Posts: 2,586
No one?
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.


WiskyT :whistling:
There's nothing like the fact that you can take educated professionals with everything on the line and add a little booze and they act like juniors in HS.
pgg00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 00:45   #3
Cobra64
Deals in Facts
 
Cobra64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Depends on where I am.
Posts: 17,821
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgg00 View Post
No one?
Essentially, you have three choices:
  • Buy the parts and do it yourself.
  • Send the gun to Exeter and have them do it.
  • Send the gun to a Sig pistolsmith and have him do it.
Keep in mind that the SRT trigger has a tendency to induce trigger creep. That's why about a year ago I had proprietary custom SRT competition trigger work done on my Sig P226ST that brings the reset to 1911 levels with no creep.
Cobra64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 14:20   #4
ottomatic
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: SW Tennessee
Posts: 1,569
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra64 View Post
Essentially, you have three choices:
  • Buy the parts and do it yourself.
  • Send the gun to Exeter and have them do it.
  • Send the gun to a Sig pistolsmith and have him do it.
Keep in mind that the SRT trigger has a tendency to induce trigger creep. That's why about a year ago I had proprietary custom SRT competition trigger work done on my Sig P226ST that brings the reset to 1911 levels with no creep.


I have a 226 Elite which is supposed to have the SRT. Whom did you use to improve it? How much improvement was there? How much $?
__________________
Good Cop, No Donut!

Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
Matthew 5:9
ottomatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 19:27   #5
Cobra64
Deals in Facts
 
Cobra64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Depends on where I am.
Posts: 17,821
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomatic View Post
I have a 226 Elite which is supposed to have the SRT. Whom did you use to improve it? How much improvement was there? How much $?
These guys.

Last edited by Cobra64; 08-13-2010 at 19:29..
Cobra64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 12:17   #6
1006
Senior Member
 
1006's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Newnan, Georgia
Posts: 918
I had the sig dealer put an SRT in my 226SCT . I like it quite a bit better than the origional. Sig ought to build them all with the SRT in my opinion.
1006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 19:52   #7
Mike 257
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Missouri
Posts: 406
I have 2 Sig 239's on Layaway right now and am thinking about the SRT trigger work, Has anyone had the $385 job done from Grayguns ?
__________________
I Made A Lot Of Money In My Lifetime, Most Of It I Spent On Guns And Women, The Rest I Just Wasted !

Sub Club #1962
Mike 257 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 23:17   #8
Cobra64
Deals in Facts
 
Cobra64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Depends on where I am.
Posts: 17,821
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike 257 View Post

I have 2 Sig 239's on Layaway right now and am thinking about the SRT trigger work, Has anyone had the $385 job done from Grayguns ?
See post #5.

They did some tuning and cosmetic work on my old 226ST, including their proprietary competition SRT.


The Sig Sauer Club



The Sig Sauer Club



.
Cobra64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 23:19   #9
Cobra64
Deals in Facts
 
Cobra64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Depends on where I am.
Posts: 17,821
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1006 View Post

I had the sig dealer put an SRT in my 226SCT . I like it quite a bit better than the origional. Sig ought to build them all with the SRT in my opinion.
It seems that recently, more SRTs coming through in stock offerings.
Cobra64 is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:14.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 598
127 Members
471 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31