Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-06-2010, 14:45   #1
Gravity

JK Knives Kephart Review!

A short time ago I commissioned John from JK Handmade Knives to make me another Kephart but this time in maple burl and with my nickname stamped into it. I have always liked John's Kephart's and feel he really nailed the design. It is the perfect sized blade for the woods or hunting and it fits my hand perfect. As usual John did not disappoint. It's probably why I keep going back to him for my knives.
The Kephart has a 4" blade and I ordered the maple burl handles this time. You can clearly see the attention to detail John put's into his product.

The Cutting Edge

I had asked John to stamp BEAR into the other side of my knife. My Dad and most of my family has called me that as my nickname since I was about 2 years old.

The Cutting Edge

As I mentioned John's Kephart fits my hand perfect. Perfect blade length and handles!

The Cutting Edge

I also wanted to make this a special package for my woods adventures and deer hunting. I asked Noah from Wasteland Leatherwork to make me a sheath that could be worn either horizontal or vertical. As you can see Noah and John are a damn good combination. From speaking with Noah he informed me he does this leather work part time as a hobby/side job. Definite talent here folks.

The Cutting Edge

All in all this is a damn nice package of knife and sheath. Two true craftsman working together for the customer (me). How could I have any complaints?
Perfection.
Gravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 19:52   #2
minnshooter

That is a sweet rig right there!
"The right of the people to keep and bear...arms shall not be infringed. A well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the best and most natural defense of a free country..."

James Madison
minnshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 20:38   #3
cosmose

congrats nice looking knife,i bet it would make one heck of a bushcraft knife
cosmose is offline   Reply With Quote