SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-20-2010, 16:52   #1
dakotasdad

Refinish a Sig P239 frame?

Hey there,

I just picked up a P239 for a song a few days ago from the fun shop and upon closer inspection I discovered that there is some wear to the white in a couple spots on the frame rails.

Its not a deal breaker, but I was thinking about having the frame refinished and possibly the slide as well. Suggestions? Recommendations?

Thanks!
Anthony

Tactical shotgun club #715, Kalashnikov Klub #715, Rimfire club #715
dakotasdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 16:19   #2
RobarGuns
GT Sponsor

Anthony,

In my experience, the only type of finish that will not eventually show wear on the frame rails is a plating like nickel or chrome. Even better would be a plating that provides lubricity such as nickel boron nitride or nickel teflon. Hope that helps.
RobarGuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 14:42   #3
SmokeJumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakotasdad View Post
Hey there,

I just picked up a P239 for a song a few days ago from the fun shop and upon closer inspection I discovered that there is some wear to the white in a couple spots on the frame rails.

Its not a deal breaker, but I was thinking about having the frame refinished and possibly the slide as well. Suggestions? Recommendations?

Thanks!
Anthony
PM and E-MAIL sent with a bit of info. I was not certain if posting it here would be appropriate due to the length.

John
SmokeJumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 06:06   #4
dakotasdad

RobarGuns,

thanks for the leads on the processes that I should be looking into. Very much appreciated!

SmokeJumper,

I read the messages you sent and all I can say is Wow! That was easily the most informative and helpful message I've ever read here.

Thank you for taking the time to put together all that information and the link to CCR's website!

I have saved the CCR website into my favorites for future use! I think a phone call is in order soon to get the details ironed out.

And on another note, I do have other firearms to entertain me when the P239goes to CCR, so I shouldn't miss it too much should I? Well, maybe a little!

Thanks again
Anthony

Old 01-14-2011, 04:08   #5
JasonC8301

May I get a copy of that e-mail?

My Sig P226 has seen better days and I was debating what to do with it. I was thinking about having the Sig Custom Shop do their nitron to it again but always interested in other options.

Thanks
JasonC8301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 14:19   #6
dakotasdad

[QUOTE=JasonC8301;16662601]May I get a copy of that e-mail?

Jason,
I sent you the original email I received from smokejumper. Check your PM's.

Good luck!
Anthony

Old 02-05-2011, 20:12   #7
Never Nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakotasdad View Post
RobarGuns,

thanks for the leads on the processes that I should be looking into. Very much appreciated!

SmokeJumper,

I read the messages you sent and all I can say is Wow! That was easily the most informative and helpful message I've ever read here.

Thank you for taking the time to put together all that information and the link to CCR's website!

I have saved the CCR website into my favorites for future use! I think a phone call is in order soon to get the details ironed out.

And on another note, I do have other firearms to entertain me when the P239goes to CCR, so I shouldn't miss it too much should I? Well, maybe a little!

Thanks again
Anthony
Hello to all.
SmokeJumper this is my first time in this forum and the subject is right on what I am looking for. I have a Sig P6 police trade in with a date of 1979. Lots of slide wear and the grips are worn but very clean inside. Thought of sending it back Sig but would like to view other options. If you don't mind would you share your email with me? Thanks. Think I need to come in here more often.

NN

Last edited by Never Nervous; 02-05-2011 at 20:15..
Never Nervous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 11:52   #8
dakotasdad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never Nervous View Post
Hello to all.
SmokeJumper this is my first time in this forum and the subject is right on what I am looking for. I have a Sig P6 police trade in with a date of 1979. Lots of slide wear and the grips are worn but very clean inside. Thought of sending it back Sig but would like to view other options. If you don't mind would you share your email with me? Thanks. Think I need to come in here more often.

NN
Hey Never Nervous!
I sent you the email SmokeJumper sent me originally to help you with one option.

Good luck!
Anthony

Old 04-02-2012, 17:49   #9
erik179x19

Any pics of the wear on that P239 OP? I just acquired one and want to be sure to keep an eye out for potential problems.
erik179x19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 18:36   #10
g29cc
Custom Work

Holy thread revival....
g29cc is offline   Reply With Quote