Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-08-2010, 16:18   #1
eazyrhino

my new tactical shotgun

Hello, all! Just wanted to show off my little shotgun project. First of all, I wanted a single shot shotgun & second, I wanted it in .410. Yeah, I know, armchair commandos....I know what Box O' Truth says about the .410, but I know better. This is not a debate among my fellow Glock-o-teers. My wife & I live in a condo and tho I have many other firearms, mainly that stay in my safe, this is one that I can keep by the bedside when we are sleeping at night. I know this gun may seem like overkill for such a small caliber shotty. But H&R's are robust, reliable and cheap. It brings back fond memories of the one I grew up with.
So, I went to Dick's Sporting Goods, forked out a C note for a new Pardner. Brought it home and started building on it the way I wanted it. I hacked off the barrel and took it to Armor Hide Coatings. Devin drilled & tapped the front sight and also the Picatinny rail. He armor coded the barrel only OD green. He recrowned the muzzle. All for around $100. While that was being done, I ordered plastic furniture to replace the existing wood. I also added a trinium mepro front sight bead.
When I bought my gun I knew in my mind's eye exactly what I wanted the gun to look like. It turned out exactly so. To me, it is the perfect condominium/apartment gun. And with the new Federal premium handgun ammo, this combo can prove to be devastating.
Hope you enjoy the pics. Don't flame me too hard!

Last edited by eazyrhino; 09-30-2010 at 17:58..
eazyrhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 16:37   #2
Big Time
Senior User

Nice! Looks like it will get the job done for what you need it for.
Old 09-08-2010, 18:50   #3
Glockster17

Send a message via AIM to Glockster17
Always nice when the project comes out how you want it to, without any surprises! --Rob
Niner's Club #686
Black Rifle #686
10 Ringer #686
1911 Club #686
Snubbie #686
Glockster17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 18:55   #4
JFrame

Pretty cool -- I admire some folks' ability to optimize and maximize their available hardware.

If it works for you, and you feel comfortable and well-schooled in its use, I say great!

Nice photos also, by the way!

--
JFrame is offline   Reply With Quote