advanced country math
1. Calculate the smallest limb diameter on a persimmon tree that will
support a 10-pound possum.
2. Which of the following cars will rust out the quickest when placed on
blocks in your front yard? 66 Ford Fairlane, 69 Chevrolet Chevelle, 64
3. If your uncle builds a still that operates at a capacity of 20 gallons of
shine per hour, how many car radiators are necessary to condense the
4. A woodcutter has a chain saw that operates at 2700 rpm. The density of
the pine trees in a plot to be harvested is
470 per acre. The plot is 2.3 acres in size. The average tree diameter is 14
inches. How many Budweisers will it take to cut the trees?
5. If every old refrigerator in the state vented a charge of R-12
simultaneously, what would be the decrease in the ozone layer?
6. A front porch is constructed of 2x8 pine on 24-inch centers with a field
rock foundation. The span is 8 feet and the porch length is 16 feet. The
porch floor is 1-inch rough sawn pine. When the porch collapses, how many
hound dogs will be killed?
7. A man owns a Tennessee house and 3.7 acres of land in a hollow with an
average slope of 15%. The man has 5 children. Can each of the children place
a mobile home on the man's land?
8. A 2-ton truck is overloaded and proceeding 900 yards down a steep grade
on a secondary road at 45 mph. The brakes fail. Given the average traffic on
secondary roads, what are the chances that it will strike a vehicle that has
9. A coalmine operates a NFPA Class 1, Division 2 Hazardous Area. The mine
employs 120 miners per shift. A gas warning is issued at the beginning of
3rd shift. How many cartons of unfiltered Camels will be smoked during the
10. At a reduction in gene pool variability rate of 7.5% per generation, how
long will it take a town that has been bypassed by the interstate to breed a
Correctional and Therapeutic Mayhem Administrator EMERITUS
GLOCK CERTIFIED ARMORER