SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-23-2010, 03:15   #1
Wp.22

Send a message via Yahoo to Wp.22
Value for money Buffet

Before mag stud coffee we need to eat first. Where in metro is the value for money buffet you have tried?

Dads is out of the question bumaba na quality nila.

Personally i have eaten a lot of times sa HEAT edsa shang and once sa spiral sa hotel sofitel. Gusto ko subukan naman sa crown hotel near robinsons galleria sabi nila okay din daw doon.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by Wp.22; 09-23-2010 at 03:15..
Wp.22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 04:14   #2
darwin25
Make your move

Tong Yang is a good place kung trip nyo shabu-shabu.
darwin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 05:17   #3
gundog
senior gunner

Send a message via Yahoo to gundog
potski, try mo YAKIMIX at macapagal, moa or morato

gundog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 05:56   #4
Wp.22

Quote:
Originally Posted by darwin25 View Post
Tong Yang is a good place kung trip nyo shabu-shabu.
Kakain lang namin this month sa megamall i like the set up now with regards sa drinks at sa smokeless grill nila kaso palakasan sa waiter para bigyan ka nh shrimp and crAb

Old 09-23-2010, 05:57   #5
Wp.22

Gundog, sige subukan namin minsan the best branch daw yung sa moa

Old 09-23-2010, 06:17   #6
gundog
senior gunner

Send a message via Yahoo to gundog
lunch is 500 petots and dinner is 600 petots... alll u can woof

gundog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 10:08   #7
deenoh

You can try sa Mandarin, around 1600 per plate. Pot, if you plan to eat before September 30 bigay ko sa iyo yun coupon ko. Free 1 buffet, so for 2 people, 1600 lang bayad mo.

Like us on

Follow us on
deenoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 17:13   #8
Allegra

Nasasarapn ba kayo sa spirals?
I'm not sure kung nalulunod lang taste buds ko sa dami ng nalalasahan kaya akala ko masarap hehe
" When I'm eating,that's all I think about / If I'm on the march, I just concentrate on marching / If I have to fight,it will be just as good a day to die as any other / If you can concentrate always on the present,you'll be a happy man "
- the Camel Driver

Last edited by Allegra; 09-23-2010 at 17:19..
Allegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 18:20   #9
DragonEye
Spits230grFMJs

Circles is a shade better for me than HEAT. Seven Corners of Crowne Plaza is just ok, but for the price, I'd rather go with either of the first two. Spirals, the only thing I remember there is the quantity of food.

Gusto ko sa HEAT, yung cheesecake at yung cold rock ice cream nila. Wala sa Circles nung cold rock.

Pero check out mo yung newly opened na Chinatown's Best sa Banawe. All you can eat and drink. Ang bilis mag refill ng food at quality yung food.
DragonEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 18:23   #10
DragonEye
Spits230grFMJs

And oh, yes, forget about Dads, Saisaki, and Kamayan. They took a nosedive years ago in quality and service. And that Tramway buffet along Timog, stay away from it. Really.
Old 09-23-2010, 19:33   #11
Wp.22

Quote:
Originally Posted by deenoh View Post
You can try sa Mandarin, around 1600 per plate. Pot, if you plan to eat before September 30 bigay ko sa iyo yun coupon ko. Free 1 buffet, so for 2 people, 1600 lang bayad mo.
thanks sa offer Dino bigay mo na lang muna sa iba para di masayang.

Old 09-23-2010, 20:10   #12
darwin25
Make your move

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonEye View Post
And oh, yes, forget about Dads, Saisaki, and Kamayan. They took a nosedive years ago in quality and service. And that Tramway buffet along Timog, stay away from it. Really.

Now that you said it, they are opening up a branch here in our building in Shaw.
darwin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 20:23   #13
Wp.22

Quote:
Now that you said it, they are opening up a branch here in our building in Shaw.
saan sa shaw darwin

Old 09-23-2010, 21:41   #14
CatsMeow

I can't put away as much food as I used to...

You could try the buffet at Heritage Hotel, about P700 last time, I'm not sure now.

For some reason, Kamayan/Saisaki pulled out of SM Cebu some years back, their price was less than NCR.
Old 09-23-2010, 22:07   #15
Allegra

kailangan ba buffet?
di ako natutuwa sa all you can eat buffet , napepressure ako
ang hirap magkwenta ng dami ng kinain , do ko tuloy malasahan yung food
heehee
" When I'm eating,that's all I think about / If I'm on the march, I just concentrate on marching / If I have to fight,it will be just as good a day to die as any other / If you can concentrate always on the present,you'll be a happy man "
- the Camel Driver
Old 09-24-2010, 01:48   #16
DragonEye
Spits230grFMJs

Quote:
To be fair, ok naman yung food sa Tramway. Kaya lang, probably because of its lower than usual price, grabe dumugin ng tao and mabagal mag refill ng food dishes.

Last edited by DragonEye; 09-24-2010 at 01:49..
Old 09-24-2010, 02:52   #17
CatsMeow

The quaint thing about Heritage's buffet at the time I ate there with a classmate, is that not only do they have lamb, it also came with an Australian certificate to the effect that it was prepared the "halal" way. Dang, failed to notice the sushi area until I was full...

After a buffet, I need strong coffee to keep me from falling asleep...
Old 09-24-2010, 03:15   #18
Wp.22

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatsMeow View Post
The quaint thing about Heritage's buffet at the time I ate there with a classmate, is that not only do they have lamb, it also came with an Australian certificate to the effect that it was prepared the "halal" way. Dang, failed to notice the sushi area until I was full...

After a buffet, I need strong coffee to keep me from falling asleep...
thats where the STUD coffee come's in after a hearty buffet

Old 09-24-2010, 08:31   #19
smoothisfastmanila
packn'Thunder

When I go to Spirals I stick to one or two places every visit and that's it. Often those would be the sushi and cold seafood bars . Spirals has an immense selection that IMHO would take any human being several visits there before getting to sample every morsel of food offered.

One weekend morning visit there I stumbled upon free flowing champagne near the sushi bar. The Asti went well with the cold oysters, crab claws and salmon sashimi... to such effect that I was binging on them na. Uni sushi and sashimi btw is part of the ala carte menu. Oh well...

They also have a good selection of cheeses. I find a good slice of brie, gruyere or fromage de chevre consumed with fish or shrimp roe irresistible.

They have a long dessert table too filled with goodies that'll satisfy your sweet tooth. Tip: Masarap yung waffle na may vanilla ice cream or blue berry topping.

Yes, it also goes well with brewed coffee.

Eating at Spirals is a treat. Pricey though, but then again worth it lalo na if your treating your self or eating with a date. The environment offers good architecture and interior design as well. Syempre, the French Sofitel group iyun eh.

There is also a separate buffet fronting the bay for a romantic weekend dinner experience.

If your working within the vicinity of Makati naman and you are out on a quick fix or have an itch to scratch. Ayus na rin yung Dad's Saisaki Kamayan. Quick fix nga eh. As in really quick...At the very least fresh yung seafood na pang sushi bar. From time to time may Uni sushi din sila na part ng buffet. You will have to ask for it if you want some.

Otherwise, you may want to try Cafe Havana at Greenbelt3 (pang lunch lang). The dishes vary everyday. Notable are the roasts (spare ribs and lechon cubano). Iba ang take nila. Also notable are the desserts like cheese cake and mango tres leches (nagka leche-leche na ang diet ko). Attentive yung wait and security staff nila.

Again, these desserts go well with good coffee (spike it with rum or liquer para mas ayus).

Heaven and Eggs, Glorietta beneath Ascot also offers a good deal (value for money po ito at hindi po tipong pang splurge). From 7am to 1pm frm Fri - Sun they have a breakfast, brunch buffet. You may not see the mango (or fruit) crepe so ask for it. The kitchen staff will do your order.

Yes... mauuwi ka din sa pag inom ng giniling na kape.

I miss Tong Yang. Unforgettable yung Lo Mai Chi nila.

________

You are in the business because you are breathing. - Louis Armstrong

Last edited by smoothisfastmanila; 09-24-2010 at 10:01..
smoothisfastmanila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 09:34   #20
Allegra

you can get a membership card para buy 1 take 1 sa spirals
Di ko yata kaya isang lugar lang dun
Papunta pa lang dun......it's like going to war hehe
- the Camel Driver