Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-23-2010, 15:11   #1
thecableguy

What Next

Alright guys if you guys had a choice which one would you pick and why? I already have a WC Professional on layaway and I am already thinking on what to purchase next. All of my guns will get shot alot. My primary reason is for carry duty and HD but I am also going to try to collect as many as I can for the rest of my remaining years on this earth. I am going to try to get one from each of the semi-custom shops first and then work my way down to the less expensive 1911s in the market. What do you guys think about that? Like I said earlier I already ordered the WC so that's one down. The others are in no particular order
Ed Brown KC
Les Baer TRS Commanche
Nighthawk Grp this one would mainly for HD
Guncrafter NN
Truly I can't decide which one to purchase next. It probably won't happen until I pay off the Wilson but it is going to happen no turning back now I'm in too deep, the disease has set in and there is no known cure but there is a way to put it into remission and that is to keep buying them.

Last edited by thecableguy; 09-23-2010 at 15:12..
thecableguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 15:31   #2
samuse

I have absolutely no idea why anyone would buy up a bunch of 1911s and call 'em a collection. They're just a bunch of used guns. I collect ammo.

Good choice on the Wilson.

Nighthawks are nice, I'd order a GRP with a naked slide, the GRP rollmarks are too much for me. I've handled a Nighthawk 10-8 and was impressed.

I get a lot more satisfaction having good 1911s that are setup like I like 'em and reliable enough to carry, train and shoot matches with.

Quote:
You suck at...well, everything so far.
samuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 19:04   #3
Quack
Rent this space

Taurus PT1911

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 19:20   #4
thecableguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quack View Post
Taurus PT1911

with a flat trigger right?
Old 09-23-2010, 19:22   #5
Quack
Rent this space

nope, with a convex trigger

Old 09-23-2010, 19:54   #6
knedrgr

or wait until you can find that first Glock 1911...
COTEFT #2

knedrgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 20:01   #7
bac1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuse View Post
I have absolutely no idea why anyone would buy up a bunch of 1911s and call 'em a collection. They're just a bunch of used guns. I collect ammo.

People collect anything, including coins, stamps, watches, cars, motorcycles, baskets, jewelery, rocks, gems, knives, etc.

What the hell is the matter with collecting guns?

I know quite a few people who do.
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 20:02   #8
bac1023

Quote:
Taurus PT1911
Old 09-23-2010, 20:06   #9
Quack
Rent this space

Quote:
Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post

People collect anything, including coins, stamps, watches, cars, motorcycles, baskets, jewelery, rocks, gems, knives, etc.

What the hell is the matter with collecting guns?

I know quite a few people who do.
i collect belly button lint.

Old 09-23-2010, 20:22   #10
thecableguy

Quote:
nope, with a convex trigger
On a Taurus it wouldn't surprise me. Bac I couldn't figure that one either. By his logic Jay Leno has a bunch of uses cars but a collection of tires?
Old 09-23-2010, 20:24   #11
bac1023

Quote:
i collect belly button lint.
Old 09-23-2010, 20:25   #12
bac1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecableguy View Post
On a Taurus it wouldn't surprise me. Bac I couldn't figure that one either. By his logic Jay Leno has a bunch of uses cars but a collection of tires?