SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-27-2010, 18:21   #1
texan650

Revolver recommendation

Mas,
I am thinking of purchaising a 4" .38 special revolver for home defense, largely because my wife is not intimidated with the revolver vs. semi-automatic. I want to stay with the .38 special for ease of control. What is your opinion of the Taurus model 82? Is there another revolver you would recommed? Thanks in advance.
texan650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 21:27   #2
Mas Ayoob
KoolAidAntidote

I've seen folks get through IDPA matches just fine with Taurus revolvers and good .38 Special ammo. I recently taught an advanced course at a large gun club in Pennsylvania that teaches a great number of basic live-fire NRA courses. They got a great deal on traded in Taurus .38s from a security company and use them regularly, and they tell me they're standing up just fine.

I'm personally partial to one of the best deals of our time -- drying up, but still out there if you look -- trade-in S&W and Ruger .38 Specials. They tend to be very smooth and reliable, and there are lots of gunsmiths and armorers trained to keep them in top working order.

best of luck,
Mas
Mas Ayoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 14:31   #3
texan650

Thanks for your input Mas. I will look a little harder for a used Smith and Wesson, but the ones that are affordable seem to be very well used in my area.
texan650 is offline   Reply With Quote