Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-01-2010, 12:09   #1
The Retired Sarge
"The Sarge"

Federal HST 9mm Question

Hi Mas,

I am interested in the Federal HST 9mm 147gr +P loading as it intrigues me. None of the LE distributors have any real specs on this round and it is not on the ATK/Federal LE ballistic testing charts. Inquired with ATK but no answer yet.

Do you have any real world performance information on this 147+P or stats on how it actually performs through calibrated bare gel and heavy clothing?

I have some of the regular HST 147gr 9mm and some of the HST 124gr+P 9mm. Which would you run out of a Hk P30 with a 3.85in barrel? My HK P30 shoots the heavy 9mms superbly.

Thank you Sir,
Bill
The Retired Sarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 21:56   #2
Mas Ayoob
KoolAidAntidote

Bill, I agree with you that it's an intriguing concept. However, I'm not personally aware of any actual shootings in the field with this round, and therefore can't recommend it yet.

There are lots of already street-proven rounds available in the caliber...too many for me to recommend to anyone that they become the test lab rat who risks his life to see if the latest introduction is going to work in the field.

Might want to ask the same question at Caliber Corner and Glock Talk, where there are lots more people who might be able to point you toward some field experience with the round in question.

Best,
Mas
Mas Ayoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 22:11   #3
The Retired Sarge
"The Sarge"

Thanks Mas,

I did get a reply from one of my ATK contacts and was informed that the HST 147gr +P will expand quicker and penetrate 1-2 inches less than the standard HST 147 through any barrier. No test specifics though.

I might just go with the street proven Speer Gold Dot 9mm 124gr +P. My P30 shoots them very well also and I have a ton of them. When I buy the P30 in 40cal my questions will cease.

Your advice and good work is always appreciated,
Bill
The Retired Sarge is offline   Reply With Quote