Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-06-2010, 00:07   #1
Misty02

Need assistance locating a specific video clip

I need some assistance in locating a video that I believe was posted in Cop Talk.

Here is what I recall from the video, I hope my recollection is correct and someone remembers it and can point me in the right direction:

The suspect had a white shirt. There were officers in front (first camera angle) who saw him put his weapon on the ground as instructed. The suspect was near the corner of a building. From the corner (behind the suspect) came an officer (Iím pretty sure it was two) who saw the suspect reach for another gun (he was carrying it at 4 oíclock or that general direction, right handed) as he stood up from having put the other gun on the ground. The back angle where the officers came from was also being taped and that was shown to demonstrate what the officers in front would have faced had the other two not come along. At least one of the officers was wearing jeans, I may be wrong but I donít recall any of them being in uniform.

It could have been a training video. Iím pretty sure I saw it in Cop Talk posted by one of the officers. Who I thought was the OP was not, I already checked, apparently I just recall his avatar and might have participated in the thread itself.

I distinctly recall the impression it made on me, it taught me that at times you canít even trust your own eyes. The two officers in front were there, I saw what they saw, I would have sworn the suspect was complying and doing nothing wrongÖ.. that is, until they would have been killed with the other gun the suspect had reached for. It was likely posted in late 2008 or early 2009. It was filmed during daytime and on a clear day. I should have bookmarked it because it was truly exceptional. It was not a youtube video either. Either a police or news site.

Would any of you be able to direct me to this video clip?

If found Iíll also get to find out if my recollection is any good, hopefully Iím not that far off mark.

"In making tactical dispositions, the highest pitch you can attain is to conceal them." - Sun Tzu

Outpost Member #69
Misty02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 05:39   #2
Misty02

Giving this thread a bump. I also wanted to add that I have searched through hundreds of threads trying to find this video; my first thought was not to ask the person I thought posted it or this thread. I often find things dating back to 2006 that Iím not even looking for, yet this that I was so eagerly and actively searching I cannot find.

Your help is truly appreciated. This video will assist me in demonstrating something in another discussion Iím currently involved with. It deals with the reliability of witnesses. I already have the article/study relevant to the reliability. This will assist in presenting a situation where a witness could actually be 100% factual (which the study proved that an untrained observer is unlikely to be, even if in their mind they are not lying about a thing), but even at being ďright thereĒ and 100% factual they canít observe everything that is going on from every possible angle.

This is the study I selected in case someone is interested (although I have a feeling you all have read more on the subject than I have): http://agora.stanford.edu/sjls/Issue%20One/fisher&tversky.htm

Unlike my posts it is short and concise enough to maintain the readerís attention.

"In making tactical dispositions, the highest pitch you can attain is to conceal them." - Sun Tzu

Outpost Member #69
Old 10-06-2010, 08:26   #3
ghstface38
Five-O

I know the video you're talking about but I believe it was staged. I'm having a hard time finding it as well.
Sam Spade: [5] If you're a cop, you really do act politely and have a plan to kill everyone. Gacy really did look like a clown. McVeigh was a pretty clean-cut kid. You're hunting bad people, and sooner or later you're going to find them. Sadly, they look nothing like the villians on TV, and there's no creepy music as a clue. Plan for it, and watch the hands.
ghstface38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 10:28   #4
Misty02

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghstface38 View Post
I know the video you're talking about but I believe it was staged. I'm having a hard time finding it as well.
Yeap, I assumed it was a training video, having cameras viewing what was taking place from both angles is not what most would expect of a real situation. In spite being staged though, it still illustrates what was visible to the officers in front. If a witness was standing right where they stood they would have been able to provide only part of the story (at least prior to the final outcome being known). A witness standing behind him would have testified to a completely different scenario. Both would have been telling the truth, yet telling a different story.

Thanks you, ghstface38. I don't want anyone to go through a mission trying to find it, I was hoping someone might have book-marked it or remember the website that carried the video.

Outpost Member #69
Old 10-06-2010, 11:35   #5
MSP Sarge

I hope someone can find this video. I would also like to review it.

Gary
MSP Sarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 17:13   #6
Misty02

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSP Sarge View Post
I hope someone can find this video. I would also like to review it.

Gary
It was one of those ďa picture is worth a million wordsĒ MSP Sarge, Iím sorry I didnít bookmark it when I first saw it.

Outpost Member #69
Old 10-06-2010, 20:35   #7
JoNo413

Was this it?.....takes a few seconds to load.

http://www.rrmemphis.com/shooting.wmv
JoNo413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 22:35   #8
actionshooter10
CLM Number 19
Charter Lifetime Member

That's the one.

Link to download it?
"Firearms stand next in importance to the constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence Ö from the hour the Pilgrims landed to the present day, events, occurences and tendencies prove that to ensure peace security and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable Ö the very atmosphere of firearms anywhere restrains evil interference ó they deserve a place of honor with all that's good."
George Washington
First President of the United States
actionshooter10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 22:59   #9
Cav

I might have a copy of that. I got it in an email a few years back.
Old 10-06-2010, 23:04   #10
Cav

I guess I deleted it. I got it from a friend who got it from a Federal agent. It was play only from my e-mail.
Old 10-07-2010, 11:44   #11
bikerdog

tagged
Old 10-07-2010, 14:17   #12
Sundown

PM me with your work email address and I'll send it to ya. I have it at the office I believe.

423 495 LK23 LK101 LK121 LK135
Sundown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 14:21   #13
woncrzymof0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoNo413 View Post

yep that's the one.. I have it in my inbox somewhere but you beat me to it
woncrzymof0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 20:40   #14
Misty02

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoNo413 View Post

YES!!! Now I just need the other half! Thank you so much!!!

I can explain the remainder better with this, but Iím greedy! <bowing head in shame> now I have a bit more and it may help me locate the remainder.

I was right about the officers attire and now I recall why I remembered.

Outpost Member #69
Old 10-07-2010, 20:49   #15
Misty02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown View Post
PM me with your work email address and I'll send it to ya. I have it at the office I believe.
PM Sent. Thank you!

Outpost Member #69
Old 05-27-2011, 16:27   #16
Misty02

Oops, never mind. I already had it right here too.

Outpost Member #69

Last edited by Misty02; 05-27-2011 at 19:07..