SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-29-2010, 21:47   #1
SIGShooter
Hucklebucks

H&K P7M8 Reassembly Question

Alright, before any of you guys come and start bashing me...I've already done that...

So, on to the important question...i got froggy, jumped and got ran over big time. Does anyone have a video or step by step instructions on how to get the M8 back together again? And before you ask...yes, i mean everything...
SIGShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 01:02   #2
dukeyjoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIGShooter View Post
Alright, before any of you guys come and start bashing me...I've already done that...

So, on to the important question...i got froggy, jumped and got ran over big time. Does anyone have a video or step by step instructions on how to get the M8 back together again? And before you ask...yes, i mean everything...
Maybe this will help : http://webpages.charter.net/gemarsh/...kedown/p7.html

A great forum for P7 owners can be found here : http://www.parkcitiestactical.com/ub...p?ubb=cfrm&c=2

I haven't, ever, owned one, but I'm looking.
dukeyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 01:15   #3
SIGShooter
Hucklebucks

Thank you my friend!

I actually found that website while I was searching and working on getting my M8 back together again...

NEVER COMPLETELY DISASSEMBLE A P7M8!!!

Trust me, I know for a fact I have aged about 35 years!

One good thing did come of this...I will be sending this one to HK for a pick me up. For some reason I am having light primer strikes. I pulled a few bullets a dropped the empty cases in (Functions check more than anything) and I noticed light primer strikes.

Here's the weird thing...The hits that are centered are light and the off center hits are spot on. You can tell the difference just by looking at them side by side. Weird...Oh well, a trip to HK and life is good.

Thanks again dukeyjoe!
Old 09-30-2010, 02:22   #4
dukeyjoe

Glad you got it back together. Keep an eye out for a good deal on a P7 for me. Got to hit the Rack!
dukeyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 09:04   #5
H&K 4 LIFE
Leonum A Ignis

Yes indeed working on the P7 is a nightmare.

A few simple things I would check would be to replace the firing pin spring and check alignment of the drop safety catch/spring. I'm almost certain you went much further then this already, but figured I would suggest it just the same.

I'll admit, in all the people I have helped with their P7's your the first one to report off-center firing pin strikes on the primer. That is a new one on me. Let us know what HK does.

Last edited by H&K 4 LIFE; 09-30-2010 at 09:06..
H&K 4 LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 13:38   #6
SIGShooter
Hucklebucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by H&K 4 LIFE View Post
Yes indeed working on the P7 is a nightmare.

A few simple things I would check would be to replace the firing pin spring and check alignment of the drop safety catch/spring. I'm almost certain you went much further then this already, but figured I would suggest it just the same.

I'll admit, in all the people I have helped with their P7's your the first one to report off-center firing pin strikes on the primer. That is a new one on me. Let us know what HK does.

A couple things i'm thinking about the off center....

First, because i pulled the bullets maybe i somehow bent the case and it wasn't seated properly

OR

I did not clean the upper only the lower and because i shot a lot there was some fouling in the channel.

Looking at my fired brass it all seemed to have the same hit location everytime. The primers weren't struck uber hard but hard enough to fire the round.

I called HK and the M8 will be going in for a check up and full HK cleaning.

I admit...my curiosity got the better of me. I won't do it again!
Old 10-05-2010, 21:53   #7
SIGShooter
Hucklebucks

Got my P7M8 back!

It was a quick turn around! I mean quick, within 72 hours.

Off center firing pin strikes...Caused by a burr on the firing pin collar pin.

The squeeze cocker spring was worn and replaced and everything was checked, tested and put back together again.

The sights were also replaced with Mepro Light NS. The Trijicon sights suck! The outline was wearing off and the gunsmith who originally installed them relief cut them too much. That's a whole other issue.

Can't wait to go to the range tomorrow.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:59   #8
H&K 4 LIFE
Leonum A Ignis

Quote:
It was a quick turn around! I mean quick, within 72 hours.

Off center firing pin strikes...Caused by a burr on the firing pin collar pin.

The squeeze cocker spring was worn and replaced and everything was checked, tested and put back together again.

The sights were also replaced with Mepro Light NS. The Trijicon sights suck! The outline was wearing off and the gunsmith who originally installed them relief cut them too much. That's a whole other issue.

Can't wait to go to the range tomorrow.
Sweet, glad to hear they took good care of you.

So much for crappy HK customer service.
Old 10-06-2010, 13:33   #9
SIGShooter
Hucklebucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by H&K 4 LIFE View Post
Sweet, glad to hear they took good care of you.

So much for crappy HK customer service.

My personal opinion on H&K CS: They are very short and to the point. No BS, you give them a problem, the give you a solution, your problem is fixed. There is no "Small" talk about your grandma's brothers sisters uncles cousin or the best types of ammunition to use. There is no, "It could have been this problem or that or this caused it or that", they tell you to send the gun and they will fix it and then give you an answer.

It's the same with Glock.

Personally, I prefer this type of CS then the pointless chatter and making me feel good about my choices. I also personally think that people perceive bad CS because they don't get their asses kissed because they feel the company owes them something for "Spending all their hard earned money on their products".

Of course, it's just personal opinion.
Old 10-07-2010, 21:29   #10
FLIPPER 348
Happy Member

Quote:

NEVER COMPLETELY DISASSEMBLE A P7M8!!!
every one of the P7s I have had to repair over were a result of improper reassembly ....after owners tearing down their pistols much further than HK ever recommends in the owner's manual.
FLIPPER 348 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 21:45   #11
rsxr22

HK's are definitely a tough pistol to reassemble. I stripped my USP down and it took a long time to get back together. It all comes out way faster than it goes back in LOL
rsxr22 is offline   Reply With Quote