Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2010, 07:17   #1
JASV.17
Prime Example
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 5,488
M&P guys, what IWB holster?

I hope this get me around the mulitple post rule, if not, mods please delete...

What IWB holster are those of you who carry M&P9 FS using? I'm having an issue with my new CTAC.

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1272526

Thanks.
JASV.17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 22:14   #2
Linux3
Senior Member
 
Linux3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,399
Quote:
Originally Posted by JASV.17 View Post
I hope this get me around the mulitple post rule, if not, mods please delete...

What IWB holster are those of you who carry M&P9 FS using? I'm having an issue with my new CTAC.

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1272526

Thanks.
I'm using a Don Hume H715M No. 99MPC.
MPC means compact I guess but I have my FS in it and it just covers the barrel. I like it but just today was looking at the CTAC because the Don Hume doesn't have a sweat guard and so I have to wear a T shirt under my cover shirt.
I would like to hear what issues you are having.
__________________
It it's not on fire,
It's a software problem.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Linux3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 22:19   #3
Linux3
Senior Member
 
Linux3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,399
Quote:
Originally Posted by JASV.17 View Post
I hope this get me around the mulitple post rule, if not, mods please delete...

What IWB holster are those of you who carry M&P9 FS using? I'm having an issue with my new CTAC.

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1272526

Thanks.
Sorry, looked too fast and didn't follow the link.
__________________
It it's not on fire,
It's a software problem.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Linux3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 03:59   #4
DLL9mm
Senior Member
 
DLL9mm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: MICHIGAN
Posts: 2,672
I am carrying my fullsize In a Raven Phantom.
The MTAC from Comptac is also a great holster for concealing the M&P.
__________________
*G32 Gen 4*
*HK P2000sk*
*etc*etc*etc*
DLL9mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 05:13   #5
stumpjumper
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Georgia
Posts: 429
I don't use IWB much, but when I do the MTAC seems to work the best- I have one for my 9 fs and one for my 3 " 1911.
stumpjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 07:26   #6
JASV.17
Prime Example
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 5,488
Thanks for the replies.

I ended up hacking of the body shield/sweat guard. I love the CTAC, and carried a G17 for years in one, but the modification of the CTAC for they made for the thumb safety models was killing me.

I was quite nervous, to say the least, at chopping my new holster...but I'm extremely happy that I did. It came out great, and the comfort is a whole new world.

It'll take a little getting used to carrying the M&P over the Glock, with the beaver tail of the M&P. When I sit, it does get me a little, but nothing a quick adjustment doesn't fix.

When I have the extra cash, I may give an MTAC a try, but for now, I love my holster with what I've done.
JASV.17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 16:05   #7
Glock2336
Senor Member
 
Glock2336's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: NV
Posts: 2,052
Smith & Wesson Club

Smith & Wesson Club
Glock2336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 22:44   #8
ElectricZombie
Senior Member
 
ElectricZombie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,205
I just ordered a Minotaur MTAC Holster from CompTac for my M&P 9mm Pro. It is by far the most comfortable holster that I have ever used. I highly recommend it.
__________________
G17, G21, G23RTF2
ElectricZombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 09:15   #9
Glock2336
Senor Member
 
Glock2336's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: NV
Posts: 2,052
Yeah I wore an G19/M-Tac combo for 2 years, nice leather beats it hands down IMO in comfort, retention and ability to reholster.
Glock2336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 09:25   #10
gatorboy
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 3,088
Quote:
Originally Posted by JASV.17 View Post
Thanks for the replies.

I ended up hacking of the body shield/sweat guard. I love the CTAC, and carried a G17 for years in one, but the modification of the CTAC for they made for the thumb safety models was killing me.

I was quite nervous, to say the least, at chopping my new holster...but I'm extremely happy that I did. It came out great, and the comfort is a whole new world.

It'll take a little getting used to carrying the M&P over the Glock, with the beaver tail of the M&P. When I sit, it does get me a little, but nothing a quick adjustment doesn't fix.

When I have the extra cash, I may give an MTAC a try, but for now, I love my holster with what I've done.
I plan on taking the beavertails off my FS M&P's one of these days. I had no problem grinding on my Glocks back in the day but these feel more like a real gun to me for some reason. I'd be carrying my FS40 right now if it did'nt have the BT. I've got the C with me though so I don't feel so bad.
gatorboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 12:37   #11
jobob
Senior Member
 
jobob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lewiston, Idaho
Posts: 1,046
The best, imho, inside waistband holsters are made by Milt Sparks. Not cheap, and you need to wait several months after ordering before your holster arrives. But the wait is worth it!
http://www.miltsparks.com/
__________________
NRA & USPSA Life Member
Glock Armorer
Generally Wonderful Person
"If one Glock is good, several are better."
jobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 13:07   #12
Glock2336
Senor Member
 
Glock2336's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: NV
Posts: 2,052
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobob View Post
The best, imho, inside waistband holsters are made by Milt Sparks. Not cheap, and you need to wait several months after ordering before your holster arrives. But the wait is worth it!
http://www.miltsparks.com/

They are fantastic if you like how high it sits, the TT Gunleather/Occidental holsters are the same in quality yet sit a little lower and the Occidental Leather holsters can be had in less than 2 weeks. I just ordered another for my G19 and had it in my mailbox in 2 days


Here's a comparison between the 2 (That's my old VMII I had a few weeks btw)
http://thepackingrat.net/2010/08/31/ttgunleather/

Last edited by Glock2336; 10-25-2010 at 13:12..
Glock2336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 20:51   #13
BadAndy
Senior Member
 
BadAndy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Irmo, SC
Posts: 1,505
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorboy View Post
I plan on taking the beavertails off my FS M&P's one of these days. I had no problem grinding on my Glocks back in the day but these feel more like a real gun to me for some reason. I'd be carrying my FS40 right now if it did'nt have the BT. I've got the C with me though so I don't feel so bad.
De-beavering my 9FS made it a lot more comfortable to carry. It's not that easy to carry with tighter fitting clothes but it doesn't print as bad and the tail doesn't stick me in the side when I lean over. I carry it in a cheap Mr. Softy (carry my CW9 in a Holster Store LT) because they're very thin.

Smith & Wesson Club

Last edited by BadAndy; 10-25-2010 at 20:53..
BadAndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 21:23   #14
Glock2336
Senor Member
 
Glock2336's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: NV
Posts: 2,052
Pic of my new G19 Occidental IWB next to my FS9
Smith & Wesson Club
Smith & Wesson Club
Glock2336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 16:30   #15
mrt949
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 912
Galco Triton .Easy on & off .
mrt949 is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:06.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,063
309 Members
754 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31