GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-12-2010, 11:06   #1
Voodoochild

SWR HEMS II on a Glock 30...How do I make that work?

This Spring I won a SWR H.E.M.S. II suppressor on an online contest...all I had to do was get the form 4 done and pay the stamp. Its 3 months later and I have the suppressor but the only .45 I own is a Glock 30. After the first 2 trips to the range (approx 100rds) I can't get the Glock to cycle properly with the can mounted so I'm having to cycle the gun by hand. Any ideas of what I might need to get this combo working right?
Voodoochild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 12:30   #2
Zak Smith
3Gunner

The HEMS2 has an integral linear cycling device (Nielsen Device), so it should work. Contact SWR and ask them why it doesn't work.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Zak Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 15:22   #3
Voodoochild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zak Smith View Post
The HEMS2 has an integral linear cycling device (Nielsen Device), so it should work. Contact SWR and ask them why it doesn't work.
OK..I was told that I might need to run a few hundred rounds in order to get it working
Old 10-12-2010, 15:23   #4
Zak Smith
3Gunner

The other advice I have is to try a few different types (weights and "powers") of ammo.

Zak Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 22:58   #5
Voodoochild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zak Smith View Post
The other advice I have is to try a few different types (weights and "powers") of ammo.

I'll try...45acp is still tough to come by around here in any flavor...hopefully it'll get sorted out over time ...I've had this G30 for almost 10 years and its been extremely reliable