GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-16-2010, 19:49   #1
jhands

Federal HST .45 ACP 230 grn WHERE TO GET?

After much discussion on PD ammo here after my recent purchase of a G30, I have concluded to go with the HST. Does ANYONE know where I can find some without paying a buck a round off gunjoker?

Thanks in advance,

James
jhands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 20:50   #2
frankt

I always bought mine from Streicher's. Luckily I bought a bunch when it was $22 a box of fifty, it is up to about $30 now.
I quit dealing with them after my last order was not in stock for six months.
I would call in an order to be sure they have it.
Also try a Google search to see if it turns up any.
Good Luck!

Semper Fi
frankt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 22:33   #3
cowboy1964

There isn't any even on Gunbroker. Some Tactical HST at $1 per but none of the regular HST.

This is another reason I prefer Gold Dots.

Last edited by cowboy1964; 10-16-2010 at 22:33..
cowboy1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 22:47   #4
jhands

Wait...Federal HST is not the same thing as Federal Tactical HST? I was under the impression they were the same thing.
Old 10-17-2010, 09:03   #5
Kalmah
Supreme Member

Here are a few sites that do carry HST, but they all happen to be out of .45 at the moment.
http://www.prestostore.com/cgi-bin/s...pig27&ct=65202
http://www.kylesgunshop.com/store.ph...r=KylesGunshop
http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/index.php
http://www.tds-us.com/catalog.php/tds/pg10243

What I would do is place an order with Streicher's, who is also out of stock, but they let you backorder. While waiting for the Streicher's backorder to come in, I'd keep checking the other sites. If they get some in stock before Streicher's, I'd cancel the Streicher's order. Just keep in mind, Streicher's charges you right away when you place the order, not when the order comes in stock and is ready to ship.

But, that plan could take months. If you need some right now, you might have to pay gunbroker prices.
Old 10-17-2010, 09:39   #6
ColCol

Streicher's is an LE website. Can any ol' Joe order from them? There should be a note somewhere whether a particular brand/weight bullet is back ordered or not. Most sight's I've been to will show this at least at checkout.
ColCol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 09:54   #7
jhands

Alright...but is the tactical HST the same thing? That guy has me confused...
Old 10-17-2010, 10:14   #8
Kalmah
Supreme Member

All the new HST comes in colorful boxes that say "tactical" on them. I don't know what cowboy1964 is referring to when he says "regular HST." Maybe he means the older box design. I don't think they had "tactical" printed on them.
Old 10-17-2010, 10:21   #9
Kalmah
Supreme Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elijah View Post
Streicher's is an LE website. Can any ol' Joe order from them? There should be a note somewhere whether a particular brand/weight bullet is back ordered or not. Most sight's I've been to will show this at least at checkout.
Yes, anyone can order from them.

However, some of the ammo is restricted to LE only. They specifically say the Winchester Ranger is restricted, but they don't say anything about the HST.

Once you put ammo in your cart, go look at your cart contents. It will tell you then if the product is in stock, or if it's backordered.
Old 10-17-2010, 10:24   #10
ColCol

I think he means "bonded" for the tactical. However, if you go to http://mahsupplies.net/ all boxes say Tactical on the but, I have a couple boxes of 40 S&W 165 gr P40HST3 I ordered and the box came with just HST on it-no tactical.

BTW-thanks for that info on Streicher's.

Last edited by ColCol; 10-17-2010 at 10:25..
Old 10-17-2010, 11:43   #11
jhands

So the tactical is just a new box design? The number is the same....P45HST2...
Old 10-17-2010, 12:16   #12
cowboy1964

Yeah sorry, Tactical Bonded is not HST. All HST is not bonded.

But yeah, not paying $50 per box.
Old 10-17-2010, 16:47   #13
jhands

So the stuff on GB is the real HST...just outrageously priced.
Old 10-17-2010, 17:16   #14
ColCol

There is no cheap ammo anymore. That's why I roll my own except for the 100 rounds of whatever I intend on using for SD. I'll shoot a couple boxes of 50 and if they're good to go, I don't shoot them anymore except on occasion. At $20-30 box for 20 not many of us can afford to unless you're a Bill Gates.
Old 10-17-2010, 18:20   #15
swinokur

I stopped dealing with Streicher's after they charged my credit card immediately for back ordered ammo.
swinokur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 18:41   #16
Kalmah
Supreme Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swinokur View Post
I stopped dealing with Streicher's after they charged my credit card immediately for back ordered ammo.
So what? You act like there's something shady about doing it that way. Pay now, or pay later, you're still paying for it.

I guess I would almost rather be charged up front for back ordered goods. It's easier to keep track of funds that way. As opposed to being surprised by the charge on your credit card a few weeks or months down the road.
Old 10-17-2010, 18:48   #17
swinokur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalmah View Post
So what? You act like there's something shady about doing it that way. Pay now, or pay later, you're still paying for it.

I guess I would almost rather be charged up front for back ordered goods. It's easier to keep track of funds that way. As opposed to being surprised by the charge on your credit card a few weeks or months down the road.
So you're saying i should give Streicher's an interest free loan? Cabela doesn't do it. Ammo to Go doesn't do it. I use a computer to manage my money. I don't need your system.

No thanks
Old 10-17-2010, 18:52   #18
cowboy1964

Quote:
I waited 4 months before I canceled the order.

Funny how when you place the order they don't say "expected in 4-6 months". They are the only online retailer I've ever dealt with that charges immediately. No way I would deal with someone like that. What if they go belly up? Good luck getting a refund. No thanks.

Last edited by cowboy1964; 10-18-2010 at 06:00.. Reason: fix typo
Old 10-17-2010, 19:19   #19
swinokur

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy1964 View Post
I waited 4 months before I canceled the order.

Funny how when you place the order they don't say "expected in 4-6 months". They are the only online retailer I've ever dealt with that charges immediately. No way I would deal with someone like that. What if they go belly up? Get luck getting a refund. No thanks.
Yup. I waited 6 weeks. and then cancelled. Then you have to go through the hassle off waiting for the credit to post. I don't do business with vendors who take my money and don't give me the product I paid for. As you said, I've never seen any other on line vendor do this either.

I don't give car dealers 40k and have them say the car is back ordered, come back in 2 months. Same thing to me.
Old 10-17-2010, 19:28   #20
Kalmah
Supreme Member

Quote:
So you're saying i should give Streicher's an interest free loan? Cabela doesn't do it. Ammo to Go doesn't do it. I use a computer to manage my money. I don't need your system.

No thanks
I'm glad you use a computer. I use one too, but mine can't predict the future.

For example...

I ordered an AR-15 from a company last year for $1400. I was told it would be back ordered for six months. So I was expecting to pay out $1400 in six months.

Well, surprise, it came in two months early. Unfortunately, I just had a couple unexpected major expenses pop up right about that same time, so I wasn't ready to pay out $1400 and it inconvenienced me quite a bit.

If I had paid up front, everything would have worked out a lot better for me and there would have been no problem.

My computer didn't foresee that happening. Would yours have?

In any event, that's why paying up front is not necessarily a bad thing.
Old 10-17-2010, 19:58   #21
swinokur

Quote:
I'm glad you use a computer. I use one too, but mine can't predict the future.

For example...

I ordered an AR-15 from a company last year for $1400. I was told it would be back ordered for six months. So I was expecting to pay out $1400 in six months.

Well, surprise, it came in two months early. Unfortunately, I just had a couple unexpected major expenses pop up right about that same time, so I wasn't ready to pay out $1400 and it inconvenienced me quite a bit.

If I had paid up front, everything would have worked out a lot better for me and there would have been no problem.

My computer didn't foresee that happening. Would yours have?

In any event, that's why paying up front is not necessarily a bad thing.
Well, according to you, you should have had and paid the entire amount when the gun is ordered. That way your balance is correct and you don't have to worry about it when the gun shows up. I don't live check to check so I don't have a need in trying to juggle money so much that an unexpected emergency affects my finances and I say again I am not lending my money interest free to a vendor or anyone else for that matter. Maybe you should have saved the 1400 bucks before buying the gun. Then the money will be in the bank even if it shows up early. That's a new concept huh?

Again, your system might work for you. Me-not so much. I don't need to predict the future for purchases, cuz the money is in the bank FIRST. Even if I had all the cash, I wouldn't use your system and give a vendor 1400 bucks for something that may show up in six months or not at all. Maybe a 100 dollar deposit and the rest of YOUR money stays in the bank earning interest instead of the gun shops.

That's what Streichers does and that's ok right? No? As someone mentioned, what do you do if the vendor goes belly up? Oh you're out 1400 bucks

No thanks I hope you have great success using your pay for the order first system even if you don't get the item.

Last edited by swinokur; 10-17-2010 at 20:31..
Old 10-17-2010, 20:14   #22
Kalmah
Supreme Member

Quote:
Well, according to you, you should have paid the entire amount when the gun is ordered. That way your balance is correct and you don't have to worry about it when the gun shows up..You should pay the entire amount up front that's according to your system. Then the balance would be accurate for whenever the gun shows up .I don't live check to check so I don't have a need in trying to juggle money so much that an unexpected emergency affects my finances and I say again I am not lending my monrery interest free to a vendor Maybe you should have saved the 1400 bucks before buying the gun. Then the money will be in the bank even if it shows up early. That's a new concept huh?

Again, your system might work for you. Me-not so much
Reading comprehension not your strong suit? Didn't say I was living check to check. Didn't say I couldn't afford it. I just said it was inconvenient to have several large expenses unexpectedly pop up all at once.

I couldn't care less how you handle your finances. But you were acting like having to pay up front was a shady business practice. I don't think it is and I explained why. So I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

Have a good one.
Old 10-17-2010, 20:36   #23
swinokur

Quote:
Reading comprehension not your strong suit? Didn't say I was living check to check. Didn't say I couldn't afford it. I just said it was inconvenient to have several large expenses unexpectedly pop up all at once.

I couldn't care less how you handle your finances. But you were acting like having to pay up front was a shady business practice. I don't think it is and I explained why. So I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

Have a good one.
Please show me where in my post I said it was a shady business practice. And please show me where I said you live check to check. I said I don't live check to check. You are quoting me on things I did not ever say. I said I would not do business with a company that charges your credit card for back ordered items. Not very astute financial planning. I believe it's your reading comprehension that is lacking here.

I leave your financial management up to you.

Last edited by swinokur; 10-17-2010 at 20:46..
Old 10-18-2010, 12:35   #24
locosteelersfan

Nothing should be charged until it ships. What if they pre-charge a ton of product and 6 months later go bankrupt and before it shipped. There is ZERO need to precharge unless its special order.

Second, the product numbers are the same on HST. Federal does not list any others on their website. ATG has good prices. Last time I saw 45hst it was 40/box at sgammo....I bought rangerT instead.
locosteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 13:00   #25
swinokur

Quote:
Originally Posted by locosteelersfan View Post
Nothing should be charged until it ships. What if they pre-charge a ton of product and 6 months later go bankrupt and before it shipped. There is ZERO need to precharge unless its special order.
Completely agree. apparently for some people it is used as a cash flow management tool