SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-30-2010, 11:16   #1
WI_GAPR

G39 Questions

Hello:

I'm adding a G39 to the fold. Already have the G37, and enjoy it a lot.

I've been looking at the Pearce magazine extensions for the G39's. Any downside to their use? Is there a better alternative? Primary need is for better grip, added capacity is secondary but appreciated.

Do magazine sleeves exist for the GAP magazines? If so, would a G38/G37 mag with sleeve be an alternative for carry?

What are some of the simple, effective, comfortable IWB holster options for the G39?

I've also been looking at alternatives for defensive ammunition options for my G37 and G39. I've been shooting the Georgia Arms product for practice... I've been reading that the Speer Gold Dot is a great alternative. Any preference between the 185, 200 and 230 gr. HP offerings?

Any additional thoughts or experiences appreciated. Thanks!

WI_GAPR
WI_GAPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 11:45   #2
BOGE

Per my experience the Pearce extensions are not reliable and have a tendency to come off. You need the aftermarket GAP plate.

http://www.concealablecontrol.com/
BOGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 12:01   #3
legion3

Most cops carry the Speer GD 200 grain. I prefer 230 grains in 45's so I carry the winchester Ranger 230 grain HP, as its about the only 230 grain HP I can find with regularity and I like the rangers in other calibers so why not in GAP?

I have simply put a Glock 7151 (+2 extension) on a G39 mag. It works great and adds 1 extra round to the G39. So 7+1 of 45.

I have a spare Glock 37 mag with a +2 as well giving 11 rounds of backup ammo. Don't use a sleeve on that as I am not a fan of the sleeves overall.

It would seem to me that the A&G sleeves that fit and adapt the Glock 17 mags to fit the Glock 26 would fit the Glock 37 mags too.
legion3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 12:15   #4
Butch
CLM Number 29
RetiredDinosaur

I have a lot of the Pearce mag extensions that I use all the time, and have seen only one over the many years that was defective. No need to be afraid of them.

The GAP floorplate is good, but it doesn't give room for the pinky finger (unless you have real skinny fingers), it does make for a more secure two finger grip though.

Pearce PG-2733:
The Bull Dawgs Club

Pearce PG-39:
The Bull Dawgs Club

http://www.pearcegrip.com/Products/GLOCK The PG-2733 does give room for another round, but it's very tight, I prefer to think of it as making the mag easier to load to capacity.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

U.S. Army-MNNG 73-83 95 Bravo
NRA Life Member
When wondering who's advise to consider, check their profile to see if they have posted anything about their training or experience.
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote