Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-22-2010, 17:17   #1
markmjp
rookie

need help on some practise ammo

I have bin shooting pmc 115 grain and federal ammo from wallmart
I get for about 10 buck a box anyhow I dont know if it is me but I kinda feel a difrents in feel in pmc seems a littel snapy federal is less snapy I know both seem underpowerd. I do keep some golden saiber +p 124 grain in my glock 19 and some golddots in my 17 I am looking for a good round that wont brake the wallet that can give me a good range sesion or is it ok to practise with ether of theas rounds is pmc snapier then federal or is it just me I wanna feel ok and confident having +p amo on me knowing I can handel it I nead some info on how mutch power and velosety shud I be looking at for practise amo
markmjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 17:36   #2
Mas Ayoob
KoolAidAntidote

Mark, 9mm recoil is mild enough that most folks find practice with generic ball translates pretty well to full power defensive ammo. Fact is, when we mistakenly fire our carry loads instead of our practice loads, we don't notice the difference, in most guns.

A hot NATO ball load such as the one in the Winchester Ranger series will come closer to +P recoil than, say, Winchester White Box (WWB), and it seems to me subjectively that Speer Lawman and MagTech 115 grain 9mm ball are snappier than WWB.

The difference is nowhere near that of, say, .38 Special versus .357 Magnum, or 185 grain .45 ACP Match "softball" midrange loads versus 230 grain full power .45 hardball or JHP.

The slight difference we feel between generic 115/124 grain ball, and +P, +P+, or NATO 9mm ammo when we're firing in a bullseye stance or from the bench, seems to disappear in rapid fire under pressure when we're using a strong stance and grasp.

Best,
Mas
Mas Ayoob is offline   Reply With Quote