Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-25-2010, 16:29   #1
EL COLONEL

Does it kick

thinking about a tika 3 lite stainless in 7mm rem magnum and was wondering if anyone had this gun and how much it kicks ? Thanks
Old 10-25-2010, 18:04   #2
K.Kiser

Being around 6-6.5 lbs, it's probably got a little pop to it but a 7mm Mag isn't too difficult to grow accustomed too...
K.Kiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 19:02   #3
CC Glock

the 7 mag is a very stout round. a few shots and you will be ok but a day at the range could make you very sore.
Old 10-25-2010, 19:19   #4
JPP

Oh baby, is 7mm a beast!!!
I have a Remington M700 stainless, synthetic, about 8 pounds.

I use mine for my western deer hunts, and I had a gunsmith install a muzzle brake on it. Shoots like a 223 now.

Before the muzzle brake install, it was more than a handful to shoot. Very, very loud too.
JPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 19:21   #5
CanyonMan
In The Saddle

My "do all gun" is a Rem 700 7mm Rem mag. Has been for, well, forever almost.

I know notta about the rifle in question here, but I CAN assure you of one thing. Any rifle that your worried about or that bothers you to shoot, there is a solution. This sounds to easy, and so folks blow it off, but believe me it will tame even a 458 win mag or 375 H&H.

It is simply a Limb Saver recoil pad. Remington has been putting them on most of their rifles as standard equipment, but you can buy them at Cabela's and who knows where else. I know of women who use these pads who can shoot round after round on heavy pounding rifles with this pad.

Simply get the "made to fit pad" and if they don't make it for your gun, get the one you have to do a little shaping on, very easy to do.

Kick is all gone, just a slight shove. My 7mm rem mag truly feels like a 6mm round. I know a guy who shoots the 458 win mag in comp shoots, and he is about 110 pounds soaking wet. This pad stops all pain to the shoulder. I once placed 56 rounds through a very heavy loaded 7mag with no feeling of ever had fired it. (long story).

I know it sounds to simple. But I can assure you it is the answer to no more pain to the shoulder, or the answer to the recoil shy person. One more here. I know I guy that was scared to death of scopes after being popped real bad in the eye/nose with one on a heavy recoil rifle. I told him about the Limb Saver pad. He now makes shots with his gun at extremely long range and pinpoint accuracy with his new 'scope."

This is NO subsrtitute for good /proper training to hold a rifle correcttly etc. BUT, there are those who know what they are doing, and still get soar doing it. This pad, will stop it all. Over 50% more recoil absorbtion than the best Pachmyer made.

http://www.limbsaver.com/2010/produc...pads/index.php

Scroll down just barely till you see on the right: "Presicion Fit Recoil pad" in the red block. This is the one. and it really does knock out the kick on any thing !

Good shooting.

CM

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Jesus said: You who are without sin cast the first stone.. John 8: 7

Last edited by CanyonMan; 10-25-2010 at 19:27..
CanyonMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 07:27   #6
vafish

There are 2 different types of recoil.

Calculated Recoil is the simple physics of for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. Light weight rifle in a magnum caliber is going to kick. No 2 ways about it. Light weight rifles are made to be carried a lot in rugger terrain and shot a little.

Felt recoil is your perception of how the gun recoils. Recoil velocity, stock fit, type of recoil pad, and your shooting technique all determine how you perceive the felt recoil of a gun.

I can shoot one gun and tell you the recoil is not bad, and you can shoot the same gun and be in pain.

As CM suggested you can put a different recoil pad on the gun. Muzzle breaks help as well, but they increase noise. Also make sure the stock fits you and that the scope isn't mounted too high. Lately folks like putting big scopes with large objective lenses on rifles. That's great for light gathering, but it often puts the scope up so high you can't get a good cheek weld on the stock. Let that stock get a running start on your cheek bone and it's gonna hurt.
educate children." -- Confucius

Last edited by vafish; 10-26-2010 at 07:28..
vafish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 09:03   #7
CanyonMan
In The Saddle

Quote:
Originally Posted by vafish View Post
There are 2 different types of recoil.

Calculated Recoil is the simple physics of for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. Light weight rifle in a magnum caliber is going to kick. No 2 ways about it. Light weight rifles are made to be carried a lot in rugger terrain and shot a little.

Felt recoil is your perception of how the gun recoils. Recoil velocity, stock fit, type of recoil pad, and your shooting technique all determine how you perceive the felt recoil of a gun.

I can shoot one gun and tell you the recoil is not bad, and you can shoot the same gun and be in pain.

As CM suggested you can put a different recoil pad on the gun. Muzzle breaks help as well, but they increase noise. Also make sure the stock fits you and that the scope isn't mounted too high. Lately folks like putting big scopes with large objective lenses on rifles. That's great for light gathering, but it often puts the scope up so high you can't get a good cheek weld on the stock. Let that stock get a running start on your cheek bone and it's gonna hurt.

^^^ 'Very Good word' here amigo ! There is more to it than 'just the pad.'

CM

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Jesus said: You who are without sin cast the first stone.. John 8: 7
CanyonMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 09:33   #8
357glocker

Have you shot a .30-06? They about identicle in recoil. The blast on a 7mag may be a bit louder but not a big difference. By using this link: http://www.handloads.com/calc/recoil.asp you can compare some different loads by entering your own data. This link will compare many calibers: http://www.chuckhawks.com/recoil_table.htm
Same thing but a different perspective: http://www.accuratereloading.com/recoil.html

Losing- If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
357glocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 19:40   #9
EL COLONEL

357 , Yes I've shot a 30-06 and with out a recoil pad , just a but plate . Thanks everyone!
Old 10-26-2010, 20:10   #10
K.Kiser

If Your buying to hunt with then the only time that Your gonna be shooting repeatedly is sighting it in, and that's not very many rounds... Recoil when shooting an animal doesn't really register to Me... A 30-06 with a hard butt plate should be more painful than a 7-Mag with one for sure..
K.Kiser is offline   Reply With Quote