Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-29-2010, 10:08   #1
striker6126

millenium tree stand

Does anyone have any experience with the millenium tree stand? I have always used either ladder stands or climbers but this year I am hunting some on public land and ladder stands are not an option and good trees to climb are few and far between . The only option seems to be a climbing stick and lock on .

I am not stuck on the millenium but it seems to be one of the lightest and most comfortable. I want to be able to set up as quiet as possible and sit all day.

Thanks in advance for any feedback or ideas.
striker6126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 14:53   #2
smoke

I have one that a guy sold me for $50. I didn't even know what it was, but knew it was worth more than $50. A couple of things:

The most comfortable lock-on I've ever sat. Light-weight, well built and carries well.

Read the instructions, mine had none and it's not as simple as it may seem to hang it properly. You have to start with the receiver one way and cam it over. The receiver thingy is really nice once you know how to do it.

I replaced the snap-link on the chain with a bigger chain quick-link. It looks like from the website, that they've gone to a bigger snap-link. I also added a 2" safety strap as a "piece-of-mind" back-up to the chain. I do not want to try out my harness to see if it works.

A butt cushion helps if you're gonna sit all day.

Don't know if you're gunning or bowing. But the seat is kinda big to stand in front of and shoot a bow. I practice shooting while sitting. The seat folds up so you can stand with plenty of room if you want, but there's no good way to sit and then stand. I tried rigging a bungee to fold the seat upon standing, but didn't have a lot of luck (too much noise). May have to revisit that later.

If you gun hunt, you'll probably want to rig something up with a shooting stick.

Thought about adding some type of blind to it and probably will in the off-season.

Last edited by smoke; 11-03-2010 at 14:59..
smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 11:59   #3
striker6126

Thanks for the reply. I have one ordered that should be here first of the week. I will post a review after the first hunt.
Old 11-15-2010, 11:04   #4
striker6126

I got the millennium hang on stand last week and hunted from it this weekend. First let me say this is the easiest to hang most comfortable stand I have ever used. It took less than 20 mins from selecting my tree to being in the stand hunting. With the optional cold weather pad I was able to sit all day . After a couple of tries I was able to stand raise and secure the seat in the up position with little to no noise .

I liked this stand so much I became a dealer for this company this morning .