SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-07-2010, 14:36   #1
sk65

Send a message via ICQ to sk65
Short trigger for P220 Carry

I have a P220 SAO I just purchased recently and would like to install the short trigger since I have small hands.
My question is, can I easily to this myself, or should I send it to Sig? And if I do it myself, would it void the warranty?
I'm not an expert armorer, but would like to save some money since I'm still saving up for my X-five.

Thanks
Old 11-07-2010, 17:04   #2
Cobra64
Deals in Facts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk65 View Post
I have a P220 SAO I just purchased recently and would like to install the short trigger since I have small hands.
My question is, can I easily to this myself, or should I send it to Sig? And if I do it myself, would it void the warranty?
I'm not an expert armorer, but would like to save some money since I'm still saving up for my X-five.

Thanks
If you know how to detail strip a SiG P-Series, it's easy.

I never watched them, but there are videos showing how to do a detail strip.

Yes, it will void the warranty if you do it yourself.
Cobra64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 08:11   #3
sk65

Send a message via ICQ to sk65
Thanks Cobra64 for the info. I think I'll just send it in and maybe have some other services done.
Old 11-10-2010, 08:13   #4
Seayall

Sig service is rather fast IMO right now if you send in. I just got my P245 back yesterday that I had changed from a DAO to DA/SA and it was gone about two weeks. Pay for the express shipping, its worth it.
Seayall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 19:36   #5
babarracing

Sig P220c3 SAO:

My understanding per SIG is short reach trigger will not go into SAO.
I have DA/SA P220C3 with " short reach trigger" and wanted to install that trigger in my SAO P220C3. They said SAO is not same trigger and as of less than 1 month ago they did not make one.
babarracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 20:35   #6
parisdakar

Short reset trigger for P220

I have an old german 220 and just put in a short reset trigger kit. Great improvement and easy. I am a SIG armorer , but could have done it before I was it is so easy. It really takes a lot of the reset travel out of the trigger when in single action mode. I think the P220 is still one of the best guns available for self defense. Mine is a 1991 model and I love it. My suggestion is to get a schematic of a P220 and photo it as you take it apart so you will know where the pieces go. It does not hurt to gently polish the trigger parts when you have it apart with semi chrome or Flitz metal polish.
Old 11-22-2010, 21:20   #7
Cobra64
Deals in Facts

Quote:
Originally Posted by parisdakar View Post
I have an old german 220 and just put in a short reset trigger kit. Great improvement and easy. I am a SIG armorer , but could have done it before I was it is so easy. It really takes a lot of the reset travel out of the trigger when in single action mode. I think the P220 is still one of the best guns available for self defense. Mine is a 1991 model and I love it. My suggestion is to get a schematic of a P220 and photo it as you take it apart so you will know where the pieces go. It does not hurt to gently polish the trigger parts when you have it apart with semi chrome or Flitz metal polish.
I agree that the 220 (and 226) are fine examples of Swiss engineering.

I'm not an armorer so I took photos of my P220ST the first time I stripped it down. The locking block and trigger bar re-assembly is tricky but it all makes sense.

Now I can toss all the parts on the bench and re-assemble without a problem.
Cobra64 is offline   Reply With Quote