Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2010, 16:39   #1
Colorado4Wheel
Senior Member
 
Colorado4Wheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: CO
Posts: 14,429
The Great "I couldn't help but join the LnL bandwagon" thread.

We keep polluting other threads with LnL stuff. So lets get it all going in this thread just for kicks. Seems a lot of people recently jumped into the LnL club. Tell us if you did, your really close to doing it or something like that.

My LnL was ordered through Manventure. Supposedly the Casefeeder was in stock but it seems that maybe it wasn't. I really don't know. They will let you order things not in stock if you ask them how through e-mail. Basically, they calculate shipping and then you buy a gift certificate through the online site to pay for the order. Pretty slick really. I will let you know as my stuff comes in.
__________________
Steve
Colorado4Wheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 17:11   #2
GioaJack
Conifer Jack
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Conifer, CO
Posts: 10,025
Blog Entries: 3
It must be so sad to go through life as a follower.


Jack
__________________
Life is a little bit tragic but mostly magic... Learn to deal with the tragic and CHERISH THE MAGIC

A PACIFIST is someone who won't raise their hands to defend themselves...
A COWARD is someone who won't raise their hands to defend someone else.
GioaJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 17:41   #3
Colorado4Wheel
Senior Member
 
Colorado4Wheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: CO
Posts: 14,429
Yeah, I am a little mad at Hornady for not making the AP EZ-Eject version 2 years earlier. For the longest time they claimed the LnL with the wire eject worked perfectly. They even had a thing on the website about not bending the wire. IF and that is a big IF they had a decent press when I bought my 550 I probably would have had a LnL for 5 years now. But back then the LnL was a PITA with 9mm so I passed on it. I am still a little mad about that one.
__________________
Steve
Colorado4Wheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 18:45   #4
n2extrm
Senior Member
 
n2extrm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,915
SELL OUT!

OK I got it out of the way. Congrats Steve. I was very close to ordering a LNL. I still am toying with replacing the 550 with a LNL and running it next to the 650. Can't wait to see how you like it in a few months. My guess is it will leave you very happy.

Good luck with it!
__________________
Simply a Flatlander.
n2extrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 19:02   #5
DoctaGlockta
Senior Member
 
DoctaGlockta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: FEMA Region IV
Posts: 2,109
I have had my LNL for about 6 months. Stepped up from a Lee Thigh Master. Good reviews, total and incidental costs, and 1000 free 45acp bullets was the clincher for me. The cost of Blueade was too tough to swallow. Been pretty happy with the purchase. But in all honesty I have nothing else to compare to and have never pulled a blue handle.
__________________
"Up at Camp David, we do skeet shooting all the time."

- Barack Hussein Obama

Last edited by DoctaGlockta; 11-13-2010 at 19:04..
DoctaGlockta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 19:09   #6
MrVvrroomm
Senior Member
 
MrVvrroomm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Shakopee, MN USA
Posts: 3,283
I picked up a used LNL AP several months ago from another GT'er. I was led to believe it was latest/greatest. It was not. I have since updated it to the ez-ject system.

It also came with a case feeder. I'd been very happy with it thus far. I have been 100% satisfied with Hornady's customer service so far.
__________________
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?

Certified Glock Armorer
MrVvrroomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 19:15   #7
GioaJack
Conifer Jack
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Conifer, CO
Posts: 10,025
Blog Entries: 3
My shootin' buddy Deak came up the hill for a visit today. We ended up in the gunroom messin' with the 1050.

He kept on tellin' me how great it is and how he wishes he had a progressive with a case feeder.

Ended up selling him both my LNL's with the case feeders for $1000 plus three 5 gallon buckets of wheel weights.

I'm gonna buy another 1050.


Jack
__________________
Life is a little bit tragic but mostly magic... Learn to deal with the tragic and CHERISH THE MAGIC

A PACIFIST is someone who won't raise their hands to defend themselves...
A COWARD is someone who won't raise their hands to defend someone else.
GioaJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 19:36   #8
IndyGunFreak
KO Windows
 
IndyGunFreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Indiana
Posts: 30,606
Send a message via ICQ to IndyGunFreak Send a message via AIM to IndyGunFreak Send a message via MSN to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Yahoo to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Skype™ to IndyGunFreak


Quote:
Originally Posted by GioaJack View Post
My shootin' buddy Deak came up the hill for a visit today. We ended up in the gunroom messin' with the 1050.

He kept on tellin' me how great it is and how he wishes he had a progressive with a case feeder.

Ended up selling him both my LNL's with the case feeders for $1000 plus three 5 gallon buckets of wheel weights.

I'm gonna buy another 1050.


Jack
Now I know you're lying
__________________
Quote:
Ronald Reagan
"If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under."
"Man is not free unless Government is limited"
IndyGunFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 19:41   #9
Colorado4Wheel
Senior Member
 
Colorado4Wheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: CO
Posts: 14,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by GioaJack View Post
My shootin' buddy Deak came up the hill for a visit today. We ended up in the gunroom messin' with the 1050.

He kept on tellin' me how great it is and how he wishes he had a progressive with a case feeder.

Ended up selling him both my LNL's with the case feeders for $1000 plus three 5 gallon buckets of wheel weights.

I'm gonna buy another 1050.


Jack
Jack would never part with 15 gallons of wheel weights unless they are all zinc. NEVER.
__________________
Steve
Colorado4Wheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 20:03   #10
GioaJack
Conifer Jack
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Conifer, CO
Posts: 10,025
Blog Entries: 3
Being a former enforcer of the law and a man of impeccable character and integrity I am genetically incapable of lying or communicating a half truth. I am hurt to the quick by your unfounded accusation.

And you Little Stevie, if you carefully read my post you will see that the purchase price of the two (2) LNL'S, with case feeders was one thousand ($1000.00) plus three (3) 5 (five) gallon buckets of wheel weights.

You are correct about one thing though... I'd rather take a kick in the nuts with a frozen boots than give away wheel weights.


Jack
__________________
Life is a little bit tragic but mostly magic... Learn to deal with the tragic and CHERISH THE MAGIC

A PACIFIST is someone who won't raise their hands to defend themselves...
A COWARD is someone who won't raise their hands to defend someone else.
GioaJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 20:08   #11
Colorado4Wheel
Senior Member
 
Colorado4Wheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: CO
Posts: 14,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by GioaJack View Post
Being a former enforcer of the law and a man of impeccable character and integrity I am genetically incapable of lying or communicating a half truth. I am hurt to the quick by your unfounded accusation.

And you Little Stevie, if you carefully read my post you will see that the purchase price of the two (2) LNL'S, with case feeders was one thousand ($1000.00) plus three (3) 5 (five) gallon buckets of wheel weights.

You are correct about one thing though... I'd rather take a kick in the nuts with a frozen boots than give away wheel weights.


Jack
Enjoy your new 1050. Red sucks anyway.
__________________
Steve
Colorado4Wheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 22:04   #12
shotgunred
reloading nut
 
shotgunred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: N W Washington
Posts: 7,619
Mid south had the lnl in stock but wanted to much for their bullet feeder.
cabelias had a bullet feeder. they sent me a $30.00 off coupon this week and a free shipping one last week.

The difference in caliber conversions sealed the deal for me.
__________________
When dealing with Democrats, let us remember we are
not dealing with creatures of logic. We are dealing with
creatures of emotion, creatures bristling with prejudices
and motivated by pride and vanity.
shotgunred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 22:09   #13
unclebob
Senior Member
 
unclebob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Mary Esther FL
Posts: 6,999
I think Steve has gone up the hill too many times too see Jack and has killed to many brain cells from the lack of oxygen. I hope you like the LNL but I have my doubts.
__________________
Team Carver Custom
NRA Certified Instructor
NRA Benefactor Life Member
GSSF Life Member
___________________________________________
unclebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 22:14   #14
shotgunred
reloading nut
 
shotgunred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: N W Washington
Posts: 7,619
personally I am hanging on to my 550 until I am sure that I made the right decision.
__________________
When dealing with Democrats, let us remember we are
not dealing with creatures of logic. We are dealing with
creatures of emotion, creatures bristling with prejudices
and motivated by pride and vanity.
shotgunred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 22:26   #15
Colorado4Wheel
Senior Member
 
Colorado4Wheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: CO
Posts: 14,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by unclebob View Post
I think Steve has gone up the hill too many times too see Jack and has killed to many brain cells from the lack of oxygen. I hope you like the LNL but I have my doubts.
We will know in a Month.
__________________
Steve
Colorado4Wheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 22:32   #16
Boxerglocker
Jacks #1 Fan
 
Boxerglocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Lynnwood, WA
Posts: 6,008
I just got a email from Manventure.... looks like I'm inline to get an LNL next. Just decided to say no for right now.
Made a trip to Costco today and ended up using the 500 bucks toward a Honeywell 2000 watt inverter portable generator. Winter is looking to be a bit uncertain right now here in the PNW... as much as I'd like yet another new toy, SIGH!.... gotta stay practical.
I'm set anyways for my current reloading needs with the 650 and a SDB. I look forward to hearing how you guys do with the LNL's though, that bullet feeder coming out will definatelt intice me again later down the line.
__________________
Glock 3rd Gen G19/G34, 4th Gen G17 FDE, G26,
Dillon
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
BLUE Kool-aid drinking team member
Boxerglocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 22:40   #17
Colorado4Wheel
Senior Member
 
Colorado4Wheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: CO
Posts: 14,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by n2extrm View Post
SELL OUT!

OK I got it out of the way. Congrats Steve. I was very close to ordering a LNL. I still am toying with replacing the 550 with a LNL and running it next to the 650. Can't wait to see how you like it in a few months. My guess is it will leave you very happy.

Good luck with it!
You got the 650 as a single caliber machine (for the most part, I think).

So here is the question.

IF you could only have one machine would you still have made the same choice?

Most people here know I have been going back and forth with wanting a faster press (read casefeeder). I was going to get a 650 or even 1050 as a single caliber machine. But that just seems like overkill/overcost for me. I shoot 9mm nearly exclusively but I still want to be able to load 10mm and 380 and other calibers when I need to. I just couldn't convince myself that doing that with 650 was worth the money. As a single caliber machine the 650 makes a lot of sence. Especially if you own another Dillon. I have a couple local buyers for my 550. I am going to pay about $300 to make the switch. I won't have to build another bench for another press either.

I do feel very weird about it. I am a big Dillon fan. I have been accused over and over about being anti-red. Once the EZ Eject came out the LnL took a huge step up. Honestly, I am pretty nervous about all this. Ussually, when I try to be cheap I get bit in the ass. I don't think the LnL is cheap so I think I will be OK with this one.
__________________
Steve
Colorado4Wheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 04:57   #18
Hoser
Mall Ninja
 
Hoser's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 2,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado4Wheel View Post
Yeah, I am a little mad at Hornady for not making the AP EZ-Eject version 2 years earlier.
I am a 1050 queer. I am not mad at Dillon or Hornady. My casefeeders are always in stock.
Hoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 10:02   #19
n2extrm
Senior Member
 
n2extrm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,915
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado4Wheel View Post
You got the 650 as a single caliber machine (for the most part, I think).

So here is the question.

IF you could only have one machine would you still have made the same choice?

Most people here know I have been going back and forth with wanting a faster press (read casefeeder). I was going to get a 650 or even 1050 as a single caliber machine. But that just seems like overkill/overcost for me. I shoot 9mm nearly exclusively but I still want to be able to load 10mm and 380 and other calibers when I need to. I just couldn't convince myself that doing that with 650 was worth the money. As a single caliber machine the 650 makes a lot of sence. Especially if you own another Dillon. I have a couple local buyers for my 550. I am going to pay about $300 to make the switch. I won't have to build another bench for another press either.

I do feel very weird about it. I am a big Dillon fan. I have been accused over and over about being anti-red. Once the EZ Eject came out the LnL took a huge step up. Honestly, I am pretty nervous about all this. Ussually, when I try to be cheap I get bit in the ass. I don't think the LnL is cheap so I think I will be OK with this one.
I never put the weight on the caliber conversion cost for a few reasons. I had the 550 and was intending to use it for everything but 45 which the 650 would do. I had every caliber set up on a 550 tool head with a powder measure. I did add up everything I needed to buy a LNL and a 650 to load 45 and compared the cost, as you know it is pretty close. I believe I was $20 or $30 apart? Finally my dumb *** never thought to price the caliber conversions.

I also had the ability to see a Dillon in action, I had a 550 and several friend did. Never got to touch the LNL. You did get that option at Jacks. You are pretty analyticall, I am sure you will be happy with the choice you made. I think in the end what you need is a press with a case feeder. Either the 650 or the LNL will fill that place.

My only complaint (if you can call it that) with the 650 is trying to run it next to a 550 was bad idea, for me at least. Once you get into case feeders and auto indexing it is a little harder to do it all manually. It is not that you can't do it, rather it seems slower then you ever thought it was.

Who knows maybe one day I will wake up and find my 550 has grown up to be a 650?

ETA: The 1050 is great, but just too much for me.
__________________
Simply a Flatlander.

Last edited by n2extrm; 11-14-2010 at 10:06..
n2extrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 11:01   #20
GioaJack
Conifer Jack
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Conifer, CO
Posts: 10,025
Blog Entries: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hozer View Post
I am a 1050 queer. I am not mad at Dillon or Hornady. My casefeeders are always in stock.

He's telling the truth. He painted his 1050's pink and does his loading in an immaculately clean room with designer curtains and matching throw pillows.

Although he is an avid shooter Hozer does indeed miss most of the matches... something about having to participate in parades.

Do we have that many holidays?


Jack
__________________
Life is a little bit tragic but mostly magic... Learn to deal with the tragic and CHERISH THE MAGIC

A PACIFIST is someone who won't raise their hands to defend themselves...
A COWARD is someone who won't raise their hands to defend someone else.
GioaJack is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 00:22.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 849
225 Members
624 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31