Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-15-2010, 14:56   #1
lcp

Back in the Fold

It has been awhile since I owned a G36. I don't really recall why I sold the one I had it was so long ago that it was sold. Went to the gun show on Sunday and picked up a new G36. Went from the show to the range and put 200 rounds through it with both hollow points and ball ammo. I had a great time shooting it and it worked flawlessly as expected, after all it is a Glock.
lcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 15:34   #2
CanyonMan
In The Saddle

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcp View Post
It has been awhile since I owned a G36. I don't really recall why I sold the one I had it was so long ago that it was sold. Went to the gun show on Sunday and picked up a new G36. Went from the show to the range and put 200 rounds through it with both hollow points and ball ammo. I had a great time shooting it and it worked flawlessly as expected, after all it is a Glock.

Well, with another story like this one... Hopefully some day folks will catch on that there's nothing wrong with the G36 any more with any other model Glocks. It's all internet panic, and some folks that do not know how to shoot this small 45.

Glad your happy !
Enoy !

CM

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Jesus said: You who are without sin cast the first stone.. John 8: 7

Last edited by CanyonMan; 11-17-2010 at 13:38..
CanyonMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 18:09   #3
Lockback
Polymerlicious!

The G36 may not be the "best" gun I've ever owned ... but it is, without question, my favorite.
It is my almost-constant companion. Powerful. Concealable. Durable. Utterly reliable. And a .45.
Who can ask for more??

Last edited by Lockback; 11-18-2010 at 18:09..
Lockback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 18:36   #4
Sonnytoo

Welcome back. Glad you got your second G36. I did the same thing...sold my first 36 yrs ago and just got an OD several months ago. The grooved trigger is hard on the pad of my trigger finger; there is no doubt of that. After about fifty rounds, I have two small blisters on my trigger finger pad.
The blister right at the fingernail is where my finger rubs on the bottom of the trigger-guard. My triggerfinger comes down at an angle onto the trigger, probably because I hold my hand high up as possible. Not sure I can fix something like that.
Just today, put a smooth trigger on my G19, but nothing exists for the G36. Did sand it down a bit, to no avail.

Thin to Win - G36 Club

Sonnytoo
Sonnytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 13:06   #5
CanyonMan
In The Saddle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonnytoo View Post
Welcome back. Glad you got your second G36. I did the same thing...sold my first 36 yrs ago and just got an OD several months ago. The grooved trigger is hard on the pad of my trigger finger; there is no doubt of that. After about fifty rounds, I have two small blisters on my trigger finger pad.
The blister right at the fingernail is where my finger rubs on the bottom of the trigger-guard. My triggerfinger comes down at an angle onto the trigger, probably because I hold my hand high up as possible. Not sure I can fix something like that.
Just today, put a smooth trigger on my G19, but nothing exists for the G36. Did sand it down a bit, to no avail.

Thin to Win - G36 Club

Sonnytoo

Hey Sonny,

You could probably sell that photograph to a modern art musem !

Have fun !

CM

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Old 11-23-2010, 08:06   #6
Sonnytoo

Hey CM, don't know about selling the pix, but I would if I could get enough to buy more ammo for my G36.
On Monday, I went to the range and fired about 30 rounds through my G36. As you can see from previous thread on bullets, these were pretty warm. Also show 20+ rounds of 9mm. No problem with trigger finger.
Just to let LCP know, though, that my 36 will not extract SWC's. The fired case rim catches on the next cartridge below it as it is trying to extract fully. However, I solved that. No more SWC's.
I should mention that some of the boys report that their G30's work just fine with SWC's. I guess double-stack mags keep that next live round out of the way of the extracted case.
I can shoot any JHP or RN designs, and probably FP's although I haven't tried them yet. Can shoot FMJ or cheaper plated stuff (Rainier, Berry). In plated, I only have used RN at this point, but 100%.
Nice gun, my favorite.
And, CM, watch out for the snow out there.
Sonnytoo

Last edited by Sonnytoo; 11-23-2010 at 08:11..
Old 11-23-2010, 23:08   #7
den888

Congrats on the new G36 !!!
den888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 13:10   #8
CanyonMan
In The Saddle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonnytoo View Post
Hey CM, don't know about selling the pix, but I would if I could get enough to buy more ammo for my G36.
On Monday, I went to the range and fired about 30 rounds through my G36. As you can see from previous thread on bullets, these were pretty warm. Also show 20+ rounds of 9mm. No problem with trigger finger.
Just to let LCP know, though, that my 36 will not extract SWC's. The fired case rim catches on the next cartridge below it as it is trying to extract fully. However, I solved that. No more SWC's.
I should mention that some of the boys report that their G30's work just fine with SWC's. I guess double-stack mags keep that next live round out of the way of the extracted case.
I can shoot any JHP or RN designs, and probably FP's although I haven't tried them yet. Can shoot FMJ or cheaper plated stuff (Rainier, Berry). In plated, I only have used RN at this point, but 100%.
Nice gun, my favorite.
And, CM, watch out for the snow out there.
Sonnytoo

LOL ! I hear ya. More ammo is always a welcome.

I'm surprised I have'nt tried the SWC's in the 36 yet, I'll have to load some up when I can and see how it goes.

Snow? I wish ! Man we need mositure real bad in this drought ridden country. We get 'some' snow each year, just a little bit. Nothing like back home in the Oklahoma pandhandle though. Man I do miss the deep snow !

Stay safe amigo !

CM

Old 12-03-2010, 12:31   #9
lcp

I avoid semi wadcutters in all my glocks. None of the ones I own are target guns. I use semi wadcutters and wadcutters when shooting bullseye type handguns only.
lcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 00:48   #10
Sonnytoo

Yes, that's all I used, back in the day, when we shot lots of Bullseye. 200 grain SWC's by the cartload. Good fun.
Sonnytoo
Old 12-18-2010, 19:04   #11
FiremanJim
Gold Membership

wish I could get my hands on an OD G36.....
Old 12-18-2010, 23:14   #12
GameCock13

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiremanJim View Post
wish I could get my hands on an OD G36.....
The 36 that im looking at getting at my local store is OD, are they hard to find?
GameCock13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 16:59   #13
deeHKman
"It Is Written"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameCock13 View Post
The 36 that im looking at getting at my local store is OD, are they hard to find?
I believe so i did not see a single OD at the gunshow yesterday were i bought my 36. So i would say yes. I like the OD's alot. I cannot say enough on how i like this little .45,

deeHKman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 20:34   #14
GameCock13

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeczman View Post
I believe so i did not see a single OD at the gunshow yesterday were i bought my 36. So i would say yes. I like the OD's alot. I cannot say enough on how i like this little .45,
If i do go with the 36 then i will def jump on that OD one in a few weeks if nobody snatches it up first. IT is like new, the gun store owner said that a LEO had bought it new, put 3 mags through it and then traded it for a Kimber. It still looks new, has factory sites and he is asking 500.00 out the door.
Old 12-20-2010, 20:37   #15
the perfesser

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameCock13 View Post
If i do go with the 36 then i will def jump on that OD one in a few weeks if nobody snatches it up first. IT is like new, the gun store owner said that a LEO had bought it new, put 3 mags through it and then traded it for a Kimber. It still looks new, has factory sites and he is asking 500.00 out the door.
Don't even wait a few weeks if you want an near-NIB OD. Glock is discontinuing OD production. In many parts of the country, $500 OTD for a slightly-used Glock 36 is a good price, whether OD or black...
the perfesser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 21:58   #16
GameCock13

Quote:
Originally Posted by the perfesser View Post
Don't even wait a few weeks if you want an near-NIB OD. Glock is discontinuing OD production. In many parts of the country, $500 OTD for a slightly-used Glock 36 is a good price, whether OD or black...
Thanks for the advice. I'll at least have to wait til the 27th because thats when i will have the rest of my "gun" funds lol. Hopefully it'll still be there then. I think that would make a great late Christmas present to myself