SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-01-2010, 17:06   #1
SCSU74
St. Cloud Proud

Remington 870

Im right handed and am looking for a good endplate sling adapter for a 1 point sling, anyone know of any good ones or website i can get one from?
SCSU74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 19:05   #2
aippi

I stopped using the end plate adaptor and went with the Mesa single point sling attachment for my custom tactical builds. It cost less and can be removed easy without having to take the stock off. It comes with a slot or loop. It installs with included hardware through the rear trigger plate pin so even acts as a an anti-walking pin. You can see these at www.mesatactical.com or you can see them installed on model like the HD/Duty on www.aiptactical.com. Mesa Tactical is duty quality stuff.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Remington LE Armorer
Mossberg LE Armorer
aippi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 22:50   #3
fourrobert13
I am the law.

GG&G makes one. I use it and have no complaints. You can get one at Midwayusa or Brownells.
Old 12-02-2010, 06:41   #4
GoBow

I've used the GG&G models before on several guns, good stuff. Here lately I've started to use three wraps of 550 cord tied snugly around the PG and fastened the sling around the thee wraps. Cheap enough and works just as well. Best of luck!
GoBow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 06:53   #5
SCSU74
St. Cloud Proud

thanks all!
SCSU74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 15:02   #6
Boxerglocker
Jacks #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by aippi View Post
I stopped using the end plate adaptor and went with the Mesa single point sling attachment for my custom tactical builds. It cost less and can be removed easy without having to take the stock off. It comes with a slot or loop. It installs with included hardware through the rear trigger plate pin so even acts as a an anti-walking pin. You can see these at www.mesatactical.com or you can see them installed on model like the HD/Duty on www.aiptactical.com. Mesa Tactical is duty quality stuff.
Tactical Shotguns

JD is it this one? I'm going with a Speedfeed IV-S on my 870 and want a good single point sling.

I should mention I already have a Tacstar 6 shell side saddle mounted. Will this combo work or can you recommend anything else?
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
BLUE Kool-aid drinking team member

Last edited by Boxerglocker; 12-10-2010 at 18:33..
Boxerglocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 18:17   #7
aippi

Any of the plates that mount between the stock and receiver will work for you. The Mesa Single point I use now will not work with the Tac-star side saddle.

Remington LE Armorer
Mossberg LE Armorer
Old 12-11-2010, 00:14   #8
fourrobert13
I am the law.

GG&G works with side saddles also.
Old 12-11-2010, 13:51   #9
Mofeen

Wondering if the Mesa SureShell side receiver mount and their receiver single point sling mount are compatible together on an 870?
Mofeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 17:32   #10
B.Reid

Earth has always been a dangerous place to live. Be prepared!
B.Reid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 20:39   #11
MADBMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mofeen View Post
Wondering if the Mesa SureShell side receiver mount and their receiver single point sling mount are compatible together on an 870?
Yes they are.....

Tactical Shotguns
Old 12-11-2010, 21:43   #12
Boxerglocker
Jacks #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADBMW View Post
Yes they are.....

Tactical Shotguns
Nice set up... what sling are you using. I'm debating going with a single point or a 3 point CQB from Specter.

Tactical Shotguns
&
Old 12-11-2010, 22:19   #13
MADBMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxerglocker View Post
Nice set up... what sling are you using. I'm debating going with a single point or a 3 point CQB from Specter.

Tactical Shotguns

Thanks bro. I run the Magpul MS2, mainly because that is the sling I run on my entry AR/M4 at work, and have the same sling set up on my personal AR/M4 at home. I would stay away from 3 point slings. They have too many straps to get in the way. If you are not going with a single point, I would suggest a good quick adjustable two point like a VTAC or Vickers sling.

Last edited by MADBMW; 12-11-2010 at 22:21..
MADBMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 11:47   #14
Mofeen

Quote:
Thanks bro. I run the Magpul MS2, mainly because that is the sling I run on my entry AR/M4 at work, and have the same sling set up on my personal AR/M4 at home. I would stay away from 3 point slings. They have too many straps to get in the way. If you are not going with a single point, I would suggest a good quick adjustable two point like a VTAC or Vickers sling.
How do you run the MS2 with the Mesa sling adapter? Does it attach buy a quick detach sling swivel? Thanks!
Old 12-12-2010, 14:37   #15
MADBMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mofeen View Post
How do you run the MS2 with the Mesa sling adapter? Does it attach buy a quick detach sling swivel? Thanks!
I clip the quick detach hook that comes on the MS2 right to the loop you see mounted on the side of my shell carrier. Very fast, easy and secure. The bonus is it lets me run the same sling system on all of my guns (duty guns and home guns).
Old 12-14-2010, 02:23   #16
mhmills

This is the one that I am using.

http://danieldefense.com/mounts-1/sling.html?p=2
Bull Dawgs Club: #416
mhmills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 22:58   #17
LawDogRD10

MADBMW-I also use the MS2 on my duty M4 and am looking to set my 870 up for it, too. I'm planning on adding a sidesaddle shell carrier to it, so I'll have to go with the GGG type endplate with the small HK loop. Can you attach yours to the front sling loop to use it as a two point or are you stuck with using it solely as a single point sling?

Quote:
LawDogRD10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 23:35   #18
aippi

Goodf advice about the three point. These weapons are mostly mission specific so you know the type of situations you are going to be using them for. The versatility of the three point is not worth the hassel of the extra straps as Mr. Murphy will find a way to put them in you way every time.

Remington LE Armorer
Mossberg LE Armorer

Last edited by aippi; 01-06-2011 at 23:37..
Old 01-07-2011, 00:20   #19
Boxerglocker
Jacks #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by aippi View Post
Goodf advice about the three point. These weapons are mostly mission specific so you know the type of situations you are going to be using them for. The versatility of the three point is not worth the hassel of the extra straps as Mr. Murphy will find a way to put them in you way every time.
I took that advice and went with the same Mesa 4 shell sidesaddle and single point attachment. I'm also running a MS2 on my carbine so it makes sense.

Question JD, the Mesa single point plate and sidesaddle are compatable but the hardware supplied seems a little short for the stackup. Any ideas? do you happen to know the thread size off hand?
&
Old 01-08-2011, 13:51   #20
Mofeen

JD, was wondering the same thing as above? Also, is the 6 shell SureShot from Mesa compatible with the stock Express tactical forend?