Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-09-2010, 03:57   #1
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Silent_Runnerís introduction to a 44 Magnum

I posted this recently in a private forum, but at Silent_Runner's request am reposting it out here where she can see it.

I met my friend who posts on GT as Silent_Runner in 1991. She was working in the ICU of the hospital where someone I really cared about was admitted. We became friends when no one else there would tell me the truth, that the person admitted wasnít going to live. I had a lot of respect for her because of that. Over the next few years we werenít close, but would talk to each other when we saw each other. One day I ran into her at the grocery store and she was upset and nervous looking. We chatted a little and then she confided to me that her husband was having serious mental issues and sheíd asked him to move out, but was worried about her and her childrenís safety. She told me she had a shotgun, but didnít know how to use it all that well, so I offered to show her what I knew.

I could tell she needed a friend, so I started coming around more after that. She went to night shift, and I was already on nights at my job, so I started going to her work and meeting her in the parking lot a couple days a week because I got off before she did. Her husband had started threatening her and Iíd witnessed that a couple times and she got a restraining order. We all know what thatís worth, right? I was pretty scared of him, too by them. She didnít know, but I almost always had a gun in the car or with me when I came around her.

The morning in question I met her as she came out to the parking lot and we walked over to where we were parked. She opened her car door and was getting in when Asshat husband comes hauling ass into the parking lot right toward us. I went running toward her car and ended up standing in the open door of her car blocking Asshat from getting to her. I had drawn an 8Ē barreled 44 magnum and held it behind my back less than 3 feet from Silent_Runner, who crapped a brick at the sight of it. I stared down Asshat with my large caliber induced courage and told him to leave her the hell alone and not come around again. Much to my surprise he backed off and left. After he was gone I put the gun away, but couldnít tell if my friend was more scared of me or him. She finally calmed down and ended up being glad I did what I did. Then while we were sitting in her car she asked to see the gun, so I got it, unloaded it and handed it to her. Picture a petite lady holding a S&W 629 8-3/8". It was almost comical.

Oh, and he left her alone for a good while after that.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 08:16   #2
sawgrass

It's nice to hear that 'whole' story.
Restraining orders aren't worth a thing. Wolfe you did the right thing
and showed courage to protect your friend. It's who you are. It's part
of you and is still in there.

So...has she ever shot it?
Hell if she has it I want to shoot it!

Silent_Runner I hope things are going well.

Have you two ever heard that Dixie Chick song about something like this?
It might be called Earl. I'll have to check. Actually it "Goodbye Earl".

Last edited by sawgrass; 12-09-2010 at 08:19..
sawgrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 09:37   #3
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Wolfe thank you for posting this out here so I could see it but you are mistaken about one part. I did not defecate any building materials at the sight of your gun. I do admit that I may have used a few words that I normally avoid but anyone would have.

sawgrass yes I shot the thing a few times. Those rounds Wolfe gave me with them are insane. It amazes me to think she used to shoot two of them at the same time and enjoy it. If you really want to shoot it I don't mind. Just don't expect me to repair your hand afterward. I have three of them thanks to her.

Yes I know that song. It makes me wish my exhusbands name were Earl.
In real life I'm an *** hole with a gun. :supergrin:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo

Last edited by Silent_Runner; 12-09-2010 at 09:42..
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 09:46   #4
sawgrass

OK...and why not you are a nurse after all!

I find myself reflecting on stories like this and LW's shooting experiences
that I've seen pics of frequently.
sawgrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 12:33   #5
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
Wolfe thank you for posting this out here so I could see it but you are mistaken about one part. I did not defecate any building materials at the sight of your gun. I do admit that I may have used a few words that I normally avoid but anyone would have.

sawgrass yes I shot the thing a few times. Those rounds Wolfe gave me with them are insane. It amazes me to think she used to shoot two of them at the same time and enjoy it.: wow: If you really want to shoot it I don't mind. Just don't expect me to repair your hand afterward. I have three of them thanks to her.: shakehead:

Yes I know that song. It makes me wish my exhusbands name were Earl.: supergrin:
You're right, I stand corrected. You couldn't have **** a brick because it took almost an hour to get the carseat cushion out of your ass! Any I can't even begin to post the language you used that day. You made ME blush!

That ammo was just factory Remington loads. If you want to try the hot loads go in the safe that has all the ammo and get the stuff in the grey box. You know what I'm talking about.

sawgrass, she won't fix your hand because hers will be numb!

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 09:25   #6
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawgrass View Post
OK...and why not you are a nurse after all!::

I find myself reflecting on stories like this and LW's shooting experiences
that I've seen pics of frequently.
Wolfe had it right. I would not be able to fix you hand because I would not be able to use my own after shooting those things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
You're right, I stand corrected. You couldn't have **** a brick because it took almost an hour to get the carseat cushion out of your ass! : Any I can't even begin to post the language you used that day. You made ME blush! :

sawgrass, she won't fix your hand because hers will be numb!

OK you may be right about the seat cushion.

And about that ammo you referred to. I think it can stay right where it is until you get home.
Quote:
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Old 12-10-2010, 20:17   #7
conservativenut

Glad to know that there are still people out there that are willing to help their friends in times of need!
conservativenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 10:01   #8
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
Originally Posted by conservativenut View Post
Glad to know that there are still people out there that are willing to help their friends in times of need!
You can say that again!
Quote: