Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-09-2010, 23:32   #1
thug23

Tell Me About Volquartsen

I have read this is a trigger upgrade of some sort.
Does anyone have it?
What do you like/dislike about it?
Where do you buy it?
What does it cost?
Thanks for your help.
thug23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 19:54   #2
Bill Keith

They make good aftermarket parts for Ruger pistols and rifles. I have bought my parts from MidwayUSA.com and am happy with the improvement in trigger pull, ejection of spent cases and accuracy. Here's alink to Midway and you can peruse the remarks that people have left about the product.
http://www.midwayusa.com/Search/#vol..._1-2-4_8-16-32
Bill Keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 23:11   #3
98_1LE

Which platform are you referring to (pistol or rifle)?

I have used their parts in several 10/22 rifles and 22/45 pistols. Their extractor is first rate and is in all my Ruger .22 shooters. I have four pistols with their trigger and sear, and two with their hammer. Honestly I will only get the trigger and sear from now on.

I have sent several pistols into them to have work done, and was always satisfied and felt the prices were reasonable.

This is my baby, <3 this pistol.
Ruger Club

On the 10/22 platform the KID trigger is superior, but you will pay for that. For the money the VQ parts are perfect for anything but the serious benchrest shooter.
98_1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 01:19   #4
thug23

I have the Ruger Mark III target pistol and have been reading that so many recommend this up-grade I just don't know much about it or what comes with the kit etc.
What do you actually need to make the upgrade complete?
thanks
Old 12-20-2010, 12:20   #5
98_1LE

The Volquartsen kit is complete, but is not what I consider the ideal configuration. The problem is with the clearance between the hammer and hammer bushing, and bushing and pin. The MkIII magazine disconnect makes it far worse.

The fix is the Clark Custom hammer bushing. You can use it with the whole VQ kit, although I prefer to just install their trigger and sear, with the Clark bushing.

Now that I have talked you out of it, I have a MkIII VQ kit for sale. PM me if you are interested. It is used but in good condition.

The difference between the MkII kit and the MkIII is just the hammer, which has to be different for the MkIII mag disconnect safety. The Clark bushing eliminates this and you can use the MkII hammer/kit with it in a MkIII.
98_1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 06:13   #6
thug23

You must be a car salesman? Thanks for the reply I appreciate your help. Maybe I'll just keep the gun as is ....I have been reading too much about the difficulties of this change over.