SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-15-2010, 21:50   #1
JoshK
GT Sponsor

a couple problems with new Tripp Cobra's

calling the GT 1911 braintrust.... I went to the range earlier to try out some new Tripp Cobra's I just got and ran into a couple of problems....

the details: 5" RIA Tactical; WWB & CCI Lawman 230gr FMJ; Tripp Cobra 8rd mags w/plastic baseplates.

now the problems:

first, the rounds were nosediving into the feedramp..... using the slide release to chamber the round and manually racking the slide both gave me the same results.... I removed the first round from the mags and the were still nosediving but would then slide into battery....

second, and more disturbing to me, the slide was locking open on every single round fired.... I tried altering my grip and it was still happening so I'm 100% sure it wasn't grip....

when I modified my grip to pin the slide release down with my thumb the slide would cycle fine.... the mags fed, but still were hitting the feedramp and "bumping" into the barrel.... also, I've ran a few hundred rounds through the gun with CMC Shooting Star's & the factory RIA mag with zero issues.... I had the CMC's with me and the were flawless....

any ideas?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Lone Star Glockers #161

JoshK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 21:52   #2
rsxr22

too powerful mag springs maybe??? Try loading em up to full capacity and let them sit for a few days
rsxr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 22:08   #3
Shipwreck-The-Sequel
Beretta 92 Nut!

I have 4 of his 9mm 1911 mags, and they have been fantastic. I'm gonna buy one 45 Cobra mag soon too.

But, not every mag works with every gun, unfortunately. I had a Kimber years ago that hated Wilson mags and would only work with factory mags
Shipwreck-The-Sequel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 22:09   #4
rsxr22

Your exactly Shipwreck. I owned a Kimber awhile back and would only work with Wilson's LOL
rsxr22 is offline   Reply With Quote