Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-20-2010, 23:28   #1
BayouGlocker

CCW with Light Attached

I feel like having a light attached to my every day carry handgun will suit my needs, but I've heard a lot of opinions against it. I am not LEO, although would like to be one day. I would like your opinion on two questions:

As a CHP holder, is a light that useful?

Could LEO or Prosecutors draw negative conclusions about me if I did carry with a light attached to my firearm?

To every man and woman who has served this great country and protected my freedom, thank you and God bless you.
BayouGlocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 20:29   #2
Mas Ayoob
KoolAidAntidote

Bayou brother, the simple fact is that a lawyer who wants to pork you will hang his hat wherever he can. I've seen them argue that night sights and lasers made you some sort of ninja assassin of the darkness. They bring it up, we shoot it down. (Pun intended.) With a solid defense, that's no problem.

Yes, it can be useful. That's why cops are going to gun-mounted lights in duty holsters in droves. You'll be facing the same bad guys as the cops, and with backup farther away.

Key thing is to remember that it's not a flashlight anymore: it's a gun with an added device for aiming, last-instant target confirmation, and blinding the opponent in the instant you have to shoot him to help keep him from carrying out what you're shooting him FOR. ALWAYS have a good, powerful pocket flashlight with you for routine tasks and tactical search.

We have to keep answers short here in GATE, but you can find my article on this in my regular column in the current issue of GUNS magazine, on newsstands now or readable at no charge at www.gunsmagazine.com.

best,
Mas
Mas Ayoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 22:45   #3
BayouGlocker

Thanks Mas. Now to act on the advice I've been given.

To every man and woman who has served this great country and protected my freedom, thank you and God bless you.
BayouGlocker is offline   Reply With Quote