SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-24-2010, 13:59   #1
Krueshoot

Massad Ayoob -- Frontsight

Dear sirs,

Just sort of wondering why it is that when I put Massad Ayoob in my Goggle search it comes up

Massad Ayoob
Give us four days and you will be trained better than 98% of pros.

www.FrontSight.com ?

To the best of my knowledge Massad Ayoob has his own training organization and is NOT affiliated with Frontsight. It could be an error on your part, wrote you last year with the same complaint, are trying to or it could be you are intentionally trying to profit of his reputation. Your action will speak volumes as to weather error or intentional

James A Krueger
Derby Guns
Scottsdale, AZ
480-874-1383.
Krueshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 14:13   #2
Deployment Solu
Kydex Crafter

I am sure it is intentional. I am sure it is no mistake. He probably had it entered as one of the Meta Keywords of any search to point to his website.

I am pretty sure Massad Ayoob has not ever trained there or promotes the place! He may respond to this thread himself to clarify.

There is NO ONE I know lower that IP of FS!!!!!! NO ONE!!! He has to look up to see snake s**t. He'll do anything to make a buck!!

The world needs less victims and more victors!!!!!
Deployment Solu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 12:19   #3
steveksux
Massive Member

Its an ad link, I believe paid to google to come up on top of the search results. You get to specify the keywords that trigger it. He picked Mas because anyone searching for Mas is looking for good instruction and might pick Front Sight if given the opportunity.

Normally not a problem, when you're picking likely keywords to direct traffic your way. Not sure if that would still be legal when trading on a person's reputation without their permission as this apparently does. But it is sure sleazy if that's the case. A good insight into someone's character is whether they do the right thing, or whether they do the right thing only as a last resort when there's no other alternative, and take advantage of someone when they are able to get away with it.

I have no exposure to FS, except for all the internet talk going around. Until now. This tells me all I need to know to guess which side of that internet debate is correct.

I find it very telling that he keys off of Mas's name to get that ad to come up, yet did not feel it was worth paying for his own name to trigger the same ad. Guess he doesn't figure enough people were looking for him to justify the expense.

Randy

Last edited by steveksux; 12-25-2010 at 12:31..
steveksux is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 09:40   #4
doby

Front sight wouldn't return my wife's money when she couldn't go. They did keep offering to extend the time period that she could use the training for, tho. Still, it left a very bad taste in the mouth.
doby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 10:36   #5
BamaTrooper
Almost Done

Send a message via Yahoo to BamaTrooper
Maybe Massad will be along to clear this up; he is a member of GT.

Last edited by BamaTrooper; 12-28-2010 at 15:50..
BamaTrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 21:28   #6
larry_minn
Silver Membership

I agree this bothers me. IF they (as suggested) paid a fee to link another instructors name (who does not have any connection) to them. (assuming thats true) Its not a proper to thing to do.
I do hope Mr. Massad Ayoob notices/ someone tells him and he can clear up if he does have any connection/if they are using his name for $$$. I bought one of their "deals" I have always felt if I lived closer I would have gotten a membership. Hopefully this will get cleared up soon.
larry_minn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 10:17   #7
Glenn E. Meyer

When I first googled Ayoob, the Front Sight stuff appeared on the right side as a paid ad. Just now, on google, bing and yahoo - just Mas - no FS.
NTI, TSRA, NRA,IDPA Niner #2001 Black Rifle AR-101 Wheelie 442642 L'star 101 J Snub 432http://www.teddytactical.com/archive...05_Feature.htm
Being an Academic Shooter
http://www.teddytactical.com/archive...11_Feature.htm
Being an Active Shooter
Glenn E. Meyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 11:23   #8
steveksux
Massive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
When I first googled Ayoob, the Front Sight stuff appeared on the right side as a paid ad. Just now, on google, bing and yahoo - just Mas - no FS.
Try Massad Ayoob, FS is still there...

Randy
steveksux is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 15:09   #9
BigKid

I feel like this could be a legal issue. They are purposefully trying to connect Mas' name with Frontsight. I don't think I'd be very happy with this if it was my name, regardless of how I feel about a company. Unless I give my consent, they have no business using my name to drive business to them.
California Glockers Club Member #308
Tactical Shotgun Club Member #308
BigKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 18:18   #10
Dragoon44
Lifetime Membership
Unfair Facist

Quote:
Massad Ayoob
Give us four days and you will be trained better than 98% of pros.

They would probably claim it was just an invitation to Mas that they would teach him how to shoot better.

Last edited by Dragoon44; 12-27-2010 at 18:18..
Dragoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 20:23   #11
Mas Ayoob
KoolAidAntidote

For the record, neither I nor Massad Ayoob Group LLC have any connection with that organization. I brought this matter to their attention almost two years ago, and apparently need to do so again.
Mas Ayoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 06:22   #12
Gallium
CLM Number 182
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoon44 View Post
They would probably claim it was just an invitation to Mas that they would teach him how to shoot better.

I really would not be surprised.

I know a couple of trainers, who if for example, if they went to S&W Academy to buy a t-shirt or use their 25yard indoor range, would put on their CV, "trained at S&W Academy"

Not saying this is the same with Sue Sight, but it sure does smell.

'Drew
Gallium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 08:21   #13
threefeathers
Scouts Out

Mas does train at Gator Farm Tactical
threefeathers is offline   Reply With Quote