Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-29-2014, 12:30   #1
GLWyandotte
Señor Member

Jesse "The Skunk" Ventura Wins His Lawsuit Against Snipers Estate/Widow

http://kstp.com/news/stories/S3517395.shtml?cat=1

Even if it was justified, how many times can this asshat grub money for himself at the expense of others?

Formerly Glockerel, 2003
GLWyandotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 12:41   #2
tsmo1066
Happy Smiley

Kyle made up a lie about Ventura in order to sell his book and movie. Ventura has every right to seek redress over that.

I think a better question for you to ask is "What kind of man invents malicious lies about his fellow veterans in order to make money?"

If you are not free to choose wrongly and irresponsibly, you are not free at all. - Jacob Hornberger

Last edited by tsmo1066; 07-29-2014 at 12:42..
tsmo1066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 12:44   #3
Cmacc

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLWyandotte View Post
http://kstp.com/news/stories/S3517395.shtml?cat=1

Even if it was justified, how many times can this asshat grub money for himself at the expense of others?
If it was justified then it cannot, in this instance, be money grubbing. You just don't like him and therefore want him to suffer or have less. I get it. We all fall prey to the temptation.
Old 07-29-2014, 12:45   #4
G36's Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsmo1066 View Post
Kyle made up a lie about Ventura in order to sell his book and movie. Ventura has every right to seek redress over that.

I think a better question for you to ask is "What kind of man invents malicious lies about his fellow veterans in order to make money?"
Have to agree with you. I absolutely despise Ventura, but don't understand a true hero making stupid **** up.
G36's Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 12:47   #5
*ASH*
superherobro

Quote:
Originally Posted by G36's Rule View Post
Have to agree with you. I absolutely despise Ventura, but don't understand a true hero making stupid **** up.
agreed , anyone would do the same thing
*ASH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 12:48   #6
GLWyandotte
Señor Member

Quote:

You mean like the kind of guy who blames the 911 attacks on his government?

Formerly Glockerel, 2003
Old 07-29-2014, 12:55   #7
tsmo1066
Happy Smiley

Quote:
I'm with you. I think Ventura is an arrogant ass and a blowhard...but as someone on these threads once said, "You don't have to be righteous to be right."

If you are not free to choose wrongly and irresponsibly, you are not free at all. - Jacob Hornberger
Old 07-29-2014, 12:58   #8
GLWyandotte
Señor Member

Quote:
I'm with you. I think Ventura is an arrogant ass and a blowhard...but as someone on these threads once said, "You don't have to be righteous to be right."

You guys are right. I know it's a knee-jerk reaction on my part. It just galls me that this human turd keeps coming up smelling like a rose.

Formerly Glockerel, 2003
Old 07-29-2014, 13:04   #9
ChuteTheMall
HildabeastHater

Third party candidates; just a bunch of nuts.

Quote:

http://news.yahoo.com/ventura-miffed...174718110.html

Ventura, miffed by court, says he's off to Mexico

Associated Press
By BRIAN BAKST - Associated Press
November 4, 2011 3:14 PM

ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) — Former Minnesota Gov. Jesse Ventura is so upset by the dismissal of his airport security lawsuit that he threatened Friday to apply for dual citizenship so he can spend more time in his beloved Mexico — or run for president of what he labeled "the Fascist States of America."{snip}

Quote:
'So the drones can't find me': Wrestler turned governor Jesse Ventura reveals why he's filming new online conspiracy show from Mexico

The former third-party Minnesota governor and Navy SEAL intends to move around the country while he tapes talk show

Ventura gave an interview from an 'undisclosed' Mexico location via satellite but maintains he's 'off the grid'

Ventura compared the American government to East Berlin

By Joshua Gardner

Published: 11:23 EST, 5 February 2014 | Updated: 13:31 EST, 5 February 2014

We can add 'paranoid conspiracy theorist expatriate' to pro-wrestler turned Minnesota Governor Jesse Ventura's long list of job titles.

The former Navy SEAL said Tuesday that he's living in Mexico and moving from place to place 'so the drones can't find me' while giving an interview to promote his show Off The Grid.

The third-party 62-year-old was dead serious as he explained his reasons for leaving the United States to live and tape his online political program and said he now sees the country of his birth as 'much like East Berlin' as he gazes at it from south of the border.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz38szYrBR7
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Last edited by ChuteTheMall; 07-29-2014 at 13:07..
ChuteTheMall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 13:05   #10
Cambo

Jesse Ventura should sue himself for the damage he has caused his career. From his 9/11 garbage theories to his ridiculous TV show, he is the one that is responsible for his downfall.
Old 07-29-2014, 13:23   #11
Bruce M

In what reality is one safer in Mexico?
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.
Bruce M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 13:25   #12
SC Tiger
Some say...

Ventura is bat-#### crazy but I think in this case he was probably in the right. It certainly appears that Kyle made up the story about the bar.

The Kyle estate is going to make enough from the movie to cover this.

From what I have read Kyle seemed to make a few wild claims before he died. The New Orleans sniper thing, the fight with Ventura, the carjacking deal, and there may have been a few others I cannot remember.

Of course Ventura's reputation was already pretty well trashed by his own hand. Still though the story about the bar fight should never have been printed.

Quote:
If you're gonna be stupid, don't pull up short. Saddle up and ride it all the way in.

Last edited by SC Tiger; 07-29-2014 at 13:34..
SC Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 13:33   #13
threefeathers
Scouts Out

Quote:
As much as it galls me I have to agree with this.
threefeathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 13:33   #14
paynter2
It ain't over

Obviously there is more to the story than I know - I thought Jesse would lose period. The news I saw made it sound like Jesse was the 'bad guy'.

It will be interesting to see what the jurors have to say.

Jesse was worried about his reputation among other SEALS and Service Members. He could show a lot of class with $1.8 million donated to a wounded Veterans foundation.

But Jesse is all about Jesse and money. It starts there and ends there.
Old 07-29-2014, 13:35   #15
Marcus Unrealious
Great Sage

1. I agree with holding one accountable if they knowingly libel another. Just because Chris is dead doesn't change it.

2. No matter what any of us think, the Jury heard it, not us. They found it to have merit, and awarded accordingly.

Marcus Aurelius
Marcus Unrealious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 13:56   #16
glock collector

Anabolic steroids explain the jesse mentality...
glock collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 13:57   #17
JFrame

Legal issues aside, I can't imagine that Ventura had much in the way of credibility or reputation to salvage.

--
JFrame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 14:00   #18
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:

I don't know a lot about this case...but I do know it is a lot easier to win a case when the person on the other side isn't there to defend what he said.
Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 14:01   #19
tsmo1066
Happy Smiley

It's important to note that since Ventura is a public figure, in order for him to win damages, he had to prove not only that Kyle's story was fabricated, but that Kyle knew it was a lie and that he also acted with malice in putting that story out.

The fact that the jury awarded damages in the amount of 1.8 million dollars shows that they not only felt Kyle was lying, but that they believed, based on the evidence, that Kyle was acting out of malice and that he intended to harm Ventura in order to make money for himself through his book.

Old 07-29-2014, 14:06   #20
ChuteTheMall
HildabeastHater

Quote:
Originally Posted by paynter2 View Post
Jesse was worried about his reputation among other SEALS and Service Members.
"other" SEALS?

Jesse Ventura was never a SEAL.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesse_V...nd_controversy
"I was part of a 10-person team at the human genome project that weaponized diseases to fight weaponized diseases. Pathogenic microorganisms with pathogenic microorganisms. Fire with fire. Interdepartmental drinks were had, relationships made..."
ChuteTheMall is offline   Reply With Quote