Combative Pistol, Baton Rouge, Feb 2011
Rangemaster Combative Pistol Course, Feb 19-20, 2011
LSU Police Range, St. Gabriel, LA, near Baton Rouge
Sat-Sun, 9am-6pm both days, tuition $350.00
This is an intensive weekend course that covers all of the essential skills involved in fighting with a handgun.
Topics covered in this course will include:
• Rapid presentation from concealed carry
• Effective gunhandling techniques, designed to work under stress
• Rapid reloading techniques
• Very fast, accurate fire at close range
• Precision shooting at mid-ranges
• Shooting well with one hand, either hand
• Effective scanning techniques, locating additional threats
• Discussion of actual incidents involving Rangemaster students
• Proper defensive mindset and more.
Expect to fire about 800-1000 rounds of ammunition.
You will need a good handgun, holster, belt, and magazine pouch, at least three magazines, a ball cap and concealment garment (vest, jacket, windbreaker, etc), eye and ear protection, and rain gear (we train rain or shine). A cooler with soft drinks and snacks is a very good idea.
You will need a quality handgun and gear. It is a good idea to bring a second gun just like your primary, in case something breaks on your primary gun. Please bring good quality ammunition. You will shoot better, your gun will function better, and you will learn faster.
Your primary instructor will be Tom Givens, of Rangemaster. Tom has been instructing in firearms and tactics for 35 years, full time since 1996. He will be assisted by other Rangemaster staff.
Tuition is $350.00. Call 901-370-5600 to enroll by credit card or mail check to Rangemaster, 2611 S. Mendenhall, Memphis, Tn, 38115.