GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-14-2011, 03:03   #61
ans3288

Shhhh... Hwag mo sabihin yung selector, i forgot to switch to dual burst, i left it at full auto hahahaha. bawi nxt time? Di na naubos ang bawi next time line hahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahtsay View Post
Nice moves uncle PG! Looking gun yun Open Glock niyo. Kamusta siya? Do you think it can run with 1911/2011 based open guns?
Ako may isang mike sa stronghand/weak hand stage. Chaka I also had problems sa programming sa long stage sa pinaka kaliwang bay.
Si Ans naman nakalimutan i off yung selector switch sa gun niya kaya nag full auto. While si Zen medyo "dehydrated", napasarap kasi the night before.
Overall we had a good time although I don't think we did pretty well sa standings. Bawi nalang sa next match hehehe! (Lagi nalang bawi sa next match!)
ans3288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 08:41   #62
Putok-Glock

Quote:
Originally Posted by choi_tan2000 View Post
Kuya PG hanep ka talaga pati open pinasok mo na using glock my REAL idol, glock rocks lalu na pag magaling ang mama sa likod ng sibat.arap

btw sir ask ko lang tagal ko pangrap open glock eh what u mean 9mm major same shell and head but major load ? do we need mods sa barrel to accent 9mm major

thanks
same shell and heads, I use 130gr heads, 6.5gr VV 3n37, CL 1.135" = PF 168
Barrel is 9mm KKM threaded for a comp, SJC 11-port comp

Bro, kung nagkataon glock is also making revs, baka pati div ni Zen pinasok ko na rin

What kept me going to glocks is its reliability. Its my foremost consideration.

Quote:
Nice moves uncle PG! Looking gun yun Open Glock niyo. Kamusta siya? Do you think it can run with 1911/2011 based open guns?
I think/believe it can, its why I use it, but its too early for me to tell bro, at present Im learning the basics of Open. Shooting Open is a different animal compared to std. as you can see in the vids, my rythm of shots is like Im shooting my std gun pa din nandun na red dot, hindi pa din kumakalabit! I plan to give time and effort to it. Its easier to sight, shoot and call shots. But mas thrilling pa din std sa akin.
Putok-Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 10:19   #63
ahtsay

One of the reasons why i didn't shoot open is hinde ko kaya yung cadence ng open, it's just too fast. Parang yung labanan is more movement, more than shooting. My basis is Kenneth Ray. Pag dating niya sa shooting position, the gun just goes off non-stop regardless how many shots there are, or how far the traverse is. After seeing him shoot, i sold all my open parts to shihan. Hehehe! Hinde pang open ang katawan ko. Btw, congrats on coming in 6th on your first match with the open glock. 1 point diff lang kay Cheesman, sayang.
Also when watching you shoot, parang you don't reload much (sobrang bilis ata). Do you have a big stick? 30 rounder?
ahtsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 17:48   #64
Putok-Glock

Sayang Bro, you should have given yourself some time to learn it. I Think w/ your attitude, you can do it. As I see it, key is fast index on target, stability of shooting platform(shooter), and trust on shooting skills so the shots are spontaneous. All of these I think meron ka na. Sa std ksi medyo delayed index natin kasi our visual focus has to change from target to sights everytime, in open you have to be target focused all the time to make full use of the speed of the dot sight. This is better suited to far-sighted shooters w/c are mostly in the 40s and up. Problem is, at this age mabagal na din reflexes.

I have a big stick w/ 28rnds.

Thanks ahts, just saw the results, and you are #5 overall sa Std! CONGRATS BRO! 0.03 lang lamang ni Ed Yao sayo, hehe ingat sila sayo next time...
Old 02-14-2011, 19:52   #65
ahtsay

Thanks uncle PG! Actually Adong had 2 mikes on the strong hand/weak hand stage. Si Eric naman was having gun problems (at least during practice) and I heard he dropped his mag in the long zig-zag stage and had to go look for the mag on the ground. If not for these, I would have been way below them .

When I was a newbie, I read somewhere that shooting open would greatly improve your standard shooting when you do switch back (I think I heard it from matt burkett, not sure). I'm not 100% sure on the reasons why but that was what piqued my interest. I wanted to improve my standard game. Chaka I have this bad habit of focusing on the target with the sight blurred when I shoot. Tapos I "look" for holes in the target. It kinda works for close targets, but disastrous for far targets. I think thats how you shoot open, you have clear focus on the targets tapos blurry yung red dot? Anyways, I think I'm happy with shooting standard. Maybe in the far future nako mag o open . Hehehe!

Uncle PG 165pf ba ang major ng open? Is 6.5gr of VV3n37 punong puno na? Kasi sa alam ko mahirap mag major sa open ang 9mm, but it looks like you're doing great with them. Or baka old news na yung mga alam ko hehe!
Old 02-15-2011, 09:01   #66
Putok-Glock

Quote:
Uncle PG 165pf ba ang major ng open? Is 6.5gr of VV3n37 punong puno na? Kasi sa alam ko mahirap mag major sa open ang 9mm, but it looks like you're doing great with them. Or baka old news na yung mga alam ko hehe!
Bro, Min PF for Major in Open is 160.
6.5gr 3n37 is about 1/4" below the case mouth kaya halos di sya compressed, paired w/ 130gr head produces 1,290+ fps velocity. And I dont see any over pressure signs sa fired cases. and they are not sticky to resize.
Before this, I used 6.4 n340 w/ 125gr heads but the powder only leaves about 1/8" space from the case mouth. Due to heavily compressed powder I had to use heavier crimp so the bullet would not creep out. Also resizing the cases were sticky. But there were no flattening of primers. between these 2 recipes, I opted for the 3n37. CL for both is 1.135". If loaded longer, it could bind in the glock mag. The CL is vital here as others might compared this load to theirs w/ longer CL, w/c naturally wont make major.
I think the difficulty in loading major in 9mm is in the tendency of most open shooters to use the lightest head available w/c needs more powder to make major PF and also make the comp work better. In .38s its ok, pero sa 9mm mahirap. In 38s I know some load them as high as 180PF to make better use of the comp but the blast is tremendous.
Anyway, my 9mm set up now is only a test on how I will fare w/ this div. Maybe later I'll consider .38s in 2011 gun or maybe not...and just shoot std

ETA: sa Open, both target and dot are clear so the visual focus is on one plane, much easier and faster. The first thing I had to adjust sa open is my tendency to shift my focus from the target to the dot ala front sight in std.
I had to practice w/ the lens of my red dot sight covered w/ tape to force myself to focus on the target as I shoot. (Something I read in benos forum.) In fact I shoot the whole Wilson match w/ a taped lens just to test my eye focus in match environs

Last edited by Putok-Glock; 02-15-2011 at 09:17..
Old 02-16-2011, 03:25   #67
st. matthew
c_w@_u_need_2_c

galing!!

Sir PG,ano po yung trigger setup open glock nyo,vanek ba?

Under Stress, Simple is Good. -BE

Last edited by st. matthew; 02-16-2011 at 03:27..
st. matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 03:52   #68
choi_tan2000
BoG # 55555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Putok-Glock View Post
same shell and heads, I use 130gr heads, 6.5gr VV 3n37, CL 1.135" = PF 168
Barrel is 9mm KKM threaded for a comp, SJC 11-port comp

Bro, kung nagkataon glock is also making revs, baka pati div ni Zen pinasok ko na rin

What kept me going to glocks is its reliability. Its my foremost consideration.

I think/believe it can, its why I use it, but its too early for me to tell bro, at present Im learning the basics of Open. Shooting Open is a different animal compared to std. as you can see in the vids, my rythm of shots is like Im shooting my std gun pa din nandun na red dot, hindi pa din kumakalabit! I plan to give time and effort to it. Its easier to sight, shoot and call shots. But mas thrilling pa din std sa akin.

kuya PG idol talaga kita pagdating sa glock making it posible to compete with it, i also love the reliability of glocks. now mukhang nagising ang posibilities na matuloy na glock 9mm major open ko. il order barrel and comp na b
tw pa pm nmn wer did you get ur kkm threaded and comp bro.

hahaha on rev glock that would be fun

aths yup sabi rin sakin ni jason it will help you gain speed after using open guns and gong back to std.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
choi_tan2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 10:28   #69
Putok-Glock

Quote:
Originally Posted by st. matthew View Post
Sir PG,ano po yung trigger setup open glock nyo,vanek ba?
yap
Old 02-20-2011, 08:58   #70
Putok-Glock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allegra View Post

Yung galaw , I dont shoot. Sometines I dont even hold a gun, just a mag
Pag kasi may baril pa , too many inputs for your mind to grasp
Mas madali matuto when you concentrate sa galaw lang

re tran target to target
practice it dry, better than shooting live imo, since you wana practice finding the next target w/ out the distrasction of blast and recoil
guys, i've tried this in the last few practice sessions, this is one of the best...its golden...i intended to try this earlier but my time now is very limited.

can't help but share this, as the poster shared this for free...in the true spirit of sharing.

thanks sir A!

Last edited by Putok-Glock; 02-20-2011 at 09:03..
Old 02-20-2011, 19:51   #71
Allegra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Putok-Glock View Post
guys, i've tried this in the last few practice sessions, this is one of the best...its golden...i intended to try this earlier but my time now is very limited.

can't help but share this, as the poster shared this for free...in the true spirit of sharing.

thanks sir A!

alin jan?
one of the reason guys at our gun club never train w/ me
It's too hard and too boring
By the time they get to shoot either they are tired or already asleep

I'm thinking din to limit the shots sa training na alanganin just because di pa nla kabisado ang galaw
Every shot you shoot sa training dapat nandun attention mo , walang bara bara , walang landian
If your going to shoot 1000k rnds sa training, then make each shot count
Kung pagod ka na, then stop
that way, sa match ganun din

advantage playing a lot of sports, you get to mix the training
" When I'm eating,that's all I think about / If I'm on the march, I just concentrate on marching / If I have to fight,it will be just as good a day to die as any other / If you can concentrate always on the present,you'll be a happy man "
- the Camel Driver
Allegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 20:49   #72
ahtsay

Allegra, I shot a match in Calamba over the weekend. There was this long stage where the targets are at least 15 to 20m away, some of them were even half boards. Per shooting position, there were either 4, 5 or 6 shots lang pero malalayo nga. For me, the best way to describe the stage is "walang flow" and confusing. You can't really shoot on the move since you would have to be planted before you can see the targets. I can't "lean" to leave also since ang lalayo ng targets. I shot the stage in 37seconds 24As 5Cs and 1D. (hehehehe, mabigat eh). In my estimation, I can probably shoot the stage in 32 seconds if I moved faster and didn't re engage in the 2 steel targets (my super best run). One of the Armscor Team shot it in 22 seconds, with 3 mikes. When we calculated it, it turns out, talo pa ako. So ano bang secreto to shoot like that? In fairness, the Armscor guy is really fast. His cadence is really fast and he's light on his feet. I know I can't run as fast as him, but I would like to be able to shoot as fast as him at least. hehehe! Medyo curious ako how some people can shoot that fast. I'm asking you kasi I'm sure you are one of those people. Parang si Jethro, yung cadence niya pang 5M is same as pang 20M. How do they do it?

Last edited by ahtsay; 02-20-2011 at 20:50..
Old 02-21-2011, 07:58   #73
Allegra

pero sa match , ilang percent lamang sayo? kilala ko ba yung armscor shooter?

back when I was shooting , yup my splits sa 5m pareho sa 20m at mabilis tumakbo
Mga 5 to 10 mikes din bawat laro hehe and I never won a level 3 either parati nalang bridesmaid
Ngayon ko lang naman naanalyze putok ko dati, and my biggest problem back then was basically i was a lousy shooter hehe puro bilis
Kaya ngayon pa lang itigil mo na ang nasa isip mo na daanin sa bilis ng putok , it's dangerous kasi nakaka adik especially if you win 1 match w/ speed

Sa 15 sec na nilamang sayo nung shooter I doubt it's because mabilis lang splits nya
Target acquisition? port to port? planning? mabilis/smooth gumalaw
That's what celfones are for. Take a lot of vids of yourself and the other guys and study
Mala Freddie Roach

How to shoot fast sa 20m?
Para yan how do I improve my freethrows?....shoot a million of them
" When I'm eating,that's all I think about / If I'm on the march, I just concentrate on marching / If I have to fight,it will be just as good a day to die as any other / If you can concentrate always on the present,you'll be a happy man "
- the Camel Driver

Last edited by Allegra; 02-21-2011 at 08:07..
Old 02-21-2011, 19:32   #74
choi_tan2000
BoG # 55555

Quote:
pero sa match , ilang percent lamang sayo? kilala ko ba yung armscor shooter?

back when I was shooting , yup my splits sa 5m pareho sa 20m at mabilis tumakbo
Mga 5 to 10 mikes din bawat laro hehe and I never won a level 3 either parati nalang bridesmaid
Ngayon ko lang naman naanalyze putok ko dati, and my biggest problem back then was basically i was a lousy shooter hehe puro bilis
Kaya ngayon pa lang itigil mo na ang nasa isip mo na daanin sa bilis ng putok , it's dangerous kasi nakaka adik especially if you win 1 match w/ speed

Sa 15 sec na nilamang sayo nung shooter I doubt it's because mabilis lang splits nya
Target acquisition? port to port? planning? mabilis/smooth gumalaw
That's what celfones are for. Take a lot of vids of yourself and the other guys and study
Mala Freddie Roach

How to shoot fast sa 20m?
Para yan how do I improve my freethrows?....shoot a million of them
fafa A, on shooting 5m and 20 m same splits.

would a 18m drill 3 boards in 4 seconds drill will help?

i just tried this last sat got an 5.6-6 sec in my 3 first try kso may charlie pa.

i think with more practice i cn trim it to less 5 or 5 low all alpha.

familiar with this ? pls share namn thanks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
choi_tan2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 19:45   #75
ahtsay

I was talking about M. Lontoc. Wala pang results so hinde ko pa alam ilang percent difference namin. I think the only way I'm successful at this game is I shoot a lot of A's and I don't miss as much. I know at my speed, if I miss, patay na ko kaagad. Pero binilang namin ni Ans; his 15 seconds advantage amounts to "just" 0.50 seconds per shot. To simplify, I don't think its unrealistic if his splits is 0.25 faster than me sa 20M targets. Pwede kasing 0.25 splits niya, ako close to 0.50. So kalahati na yun, thats a full 7.5 seconds faster than me already sa splits/traverse pa lang yun. Tapos the other 7.5 seconds can be attributed to the 6 shooting positions in the stage. Lamangan lang niya ako ng 1 sec per shooting position, thats almost another 7.5 seconds na ulet un.
Buti nalang may "coach" dito sa BOG hehehe! Although it's supposed to be DVC, parang mas may advantage and speed sa accuracy. Speed can make up for accuracy more than accuracy can make up for speed? What do you think?
Old 02-21-2011, 22:49   #76
Allegra

Misses are bad for the soul
Between a slow stage or a stage w/ misses , I'll take the slow stage
Naapektuhan ng miss mga susnod kong stages e, but that's just me
Shooting for A's makes your stages consistent

If you cant move as fast as the athletic guys, well you have to shoot A's AND shoot FASTER than the other guys to be successful
Ang laki kasi ng difference ng splits nyo, doble ng splits nya plus he moves faster
Yes , speed does make a differnce pag ganyan kalaki ang agwat
Pero among the top guys na .5 to a sec lang difference sa time , it's accuracy that will win it
What are your split times sa 25m? Do you even know?
What was your splits a month ago? did it improve today?
forget what the others are doing muna , and concentrate on improving your specific weaknesses

dont worry about talented shooters, once they start winning they stop improving kasi tinatamad
You can catch up
- the Camel Driver
Old 02-26-2011, 11:38   #77
Allegra

muntik nako makapag live fire sa wakas
kaso andun pala si apollo sa range , natakot ako magsasala binalik ko nalang yung baril sa kotse hehe

started dryfiring again
awkward lahat , front sight was all over the place pag double action
slowed everything down , a little slower pa than sobrang bagal
building muscle memory thru very slow reps
Need to build trigger finger strength for the DA trigger
Naduduling ako sa target/frontsight so i just decided to dryfire sa blank wall to focus on sight alignment
Had to remember to hold for 3 sec after pulling trigger
I think i'm right on sked, mga 3 araw pa tinatamad na ulit ako hehe
sana hindi, miss ko na si apollo
- the Camel Driver

Last edited by Allegra; 02-26-2011 at 11:43..
Old 02-26-2011, 18:43   #78
Putok-Glock

Quote:
I was talking about M. Lontoc. Wala pang results so hinde ko pa alam ilang percent difference namin. I think the only way I'm successful at this game is I shoot a lot of A's and I don't miss as much. I know at my speed, if I miss, patay na ko kaagad. Pero binilang namin ni Ans; his 15 seconds advantage amounts to "just" 0.50 seconds per shot. To simplify, I don't think its unrealistic if his splits is 0.25 faster than me sa 20M targets. Pwede kasing 0.25 splits niya, ako close to 0.50. So kalahati na yun, thats a full 7.5 seconds faster than me already sa splits/traverse pa lang yun. Tapos the other 7.5 seconds can be attributed to the 6 shooting positions in the stage. Lamangan lang niya ako ng 1 sec per shooting position, thats almost another 7.5 seconds na ulet un.
Buti nalang may "coach" dito sa BOG hehehe! Although it's supposed to be DVC, parang mas may advantage and speed sa accuracy. Speed can make up for accuracy more than accuracy can make up for speed? What do you think?
Quote:
Misses are bad for the soul
Between a slow stage or a stage w/ misses , I'll take the slow stage
Naapektuhan ng miss mga susnod kong stages e, but that's just me
Shooting for A's makes your stages consistent

If you cant move as fast as the athletic guys, well you have to shoot A's AND shoot FASTER than the other guys to be successful
Ang laki kasi ng difference ng splits nyo, doble ng splits nya plus he moves faster
Yes , speed does make a differnce pag ganyan kalaki ang agwat
Pero among the top guys na .5 to a sec lang difference sa time , it's accuracy that will win it
What are your split times sa 25m? Do you even know?
What was your splits a month ago? did it improve today?
forget what the others are doing muna , and concentrate on improving your specific weaknesses

dont worry about talented shooters, once they start winning they stop improving kasi tinatamad
You can catch up
Theres a lot of inputs here, I cant agree more

I hope Allegra will be active again in shooting competitions

My wish is that we BoGs have our days in the range to practice and interact in person, that will be great!

I was in Karingal yesterday instead of lev 2 in Tuy Bat. Will try to post videos later, kung d pa kayo sawa
To date I have 3 matches behind in open, though not big ones
One observation I have is, I still dont trust a red dot on a target as much as I do a front sight.
Whenever I speed up the process of target-sight-shoot, I felt not so comfortable.
I think w/ time and experience, lots of them, will eventually resolve this.
But in doing so, my skills in shooting my std gun whatever level that may be, will also suffer as my time w/ it will be used up in shooting open gun.
My problem really is, I recently discovered I enjoy shooting my std gun much more than my open (notwithstanding its simplier to shoot than a std), so Im not really decided in giving up std for the Open.
Thats my dilemma.
Just this week, When I was preparing for the Tuy match, I decided to shoot in std so I loaded ammo for it. When I was about to leave and everything was in the car, I was having 2nd thoughts and decided to shoot in Open. So I hurriedly loaded ammo for it and exchanged my gears in the car. what a way to be decisive!
At this very moment, I cant decide w/c gun to practice and shoot in upcoming matches.
Thats a big issue for me and its driving me NUTS!
Hope w/ inputs here, I can decide w/c way to go asap.
TIA

Last edited by Putok-Glock; 02-26-2011 at 18:50..
Old 02-26-2011, 20:13   #79
Putok-Glock

Quote:
Ahts, let me share some experiences thats very useful to me til now but Im not that "coach":

After disecting the whole thing and determined what to work on (as you do now), I proceed to work on it as hard as I can. When preparing to practice and during practice, I forget the personality involved and the match situation that went w/ it. I dont even practice w/ an upcomming match in my mind. I can focus better on what Im practicing if those things are out of my mind. If an upcoming match is in my mind during practice, I stop and go home. I know I wont absorb or learn what Im practicing w/ that distraction.

In speed and accuracy, I treat them as one. I know they work in contrast w/ each other. But my job is to find a mix of them that will work to my goal. The sooner I treat them as one the earlier I will find that mix. To others, its speed vs accuracy. To me its speed and accuracy. One is useless without the other. In TGO's words: if you are too slow, it will not matter how accurate you are. Which is which in what situation? Now its your job to find that mix

When in a match, I dont shoot w/ my match ranking in mind (not because Im a hopeless case). Nor how I will compare w/ that shooter. Nor how I will fare w/ my peers' expectations of me. Nor how I will shoot to my own expectations. Sometimes I succumb to these. but 80% of the time I dont. I just focus on what I need to do at that time. I only use these inputs in studying past performances, again as you do now. But it should stop there, no more no less. Some may find this hard to believe or do. But after reading a lot about this phenom, I've thrown away lots of matches in the past from lev 1s to 3s in search for it. Ive gone thru lots and lots of experimenations w/ it and myself. And in the process, I learned a lot how me and my mind works. Once I found it, it was never difficult or complicated to do and never scaped me since. I am able to shoot in the match as I shoot in practice most of the time, so I enjoy the match more. It also removes a lot of match pressure in me. In fact its so simple that I wondered how it scaped me for so long. Just like calling every shot
Old 02-26-2011, 22:09   #80
Putok-Glock

Congrats to:

Ahts, 6th Standard
Zen, 3rd Revo

Lev 2 Calamba Match