SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-04-2011, 15:58   #1
outdoorsman44

P95 question

Hey guys,
I am thinking about purchasing a P95, and I can get it for about $265 brand new. For those that have one, what are your opinions on it? Is it reliable and trouble free? I will be using this gun as my primary home defense/self defense pistol as well as at the range. All opinions about this gun would be appreciated!

Otherwise, for about $410 or so, should I spend the extra money and buy a new SR9? The P95 would be my first choice, since it's a great deal, but I am concerned if there is a big difference between quality and overall performance between the two. All opinions and experiences are very much appreciated!
outdoorsman44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 20:02   #2
MR. TWISTER

I own a P95 and I suggest you save your money up and get the SR9. My P95 functions perfectly but the SR9 is a much more refined pistol and fits my hand better.

Brandon
1911 Club #89
MR. TWISTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 11:46   #3
methodius

Send a message via Yahoo to methodius
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. TWISTER View Post
I own a P95 and I suggest you save your money up and get the SR9. My P95 functions perfectly but the SR9 is a much more refined pistol and fits my hand better.

Brandon
+1

We sell a fair number of P95's at the shop because they are inexpensive and they are not HiPointe. We have a policy that if the gun does not work out of the box we send it in from the shop for repair for the customer. I don't recall a P95 coming back for warranty work in the last five years.

That said, the SR9 is a better gun and may well be worth you saving a few extra pennies to get. I have an SR9C that I am currently running through for a review and it is a pleasure to shoot and has been 100% reliable thus far. It is quite thin for a double stack 9mm (especially compared with the Ruger P series - think P89) and is indeed rather comfortable in the hand.

Methodius
Old 01-09-2011, 01:24   #4
outdoorsman44

Thanks so much guys for the advice! The P95 sounds reliable and everything, but the SR9 seems to be the choice so far.
outdoorsman44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 12:30   #5
bac1023

I have a P90 that's been great.
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 15:01   #6
corbon1

P-95 Great Gun

The P-95 is the most accurate 9mm I have EVER shot ! and will ever shoot. I had one sold it, bad move. Very reliable gun and shots straight. My only wish is that it was not so large or I'd carry one as my carry gun, but I do love my Glock19 just wish it was as accurate as my P-95 was.
corbon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 09:55   #7
mastrbloata

Send a message via Yahoo to mastrbloata
They're great. Best bargain on the planet. Accurate, reliable, sturdy, easy to take down, eats any ammo I've EVER run through them, decent trigger, very good sights, dual mag release and works just fine with 17 round flush fit Mec-Gar mags. (www.cdnninvestments.com) Great customer service, not that you'll ever need it. (I've dealt with them changing out revolver hammers for me.) I've got an SR9-c and it's not bad. Typical Ruger reliability. It's true, the SR9-c is slimmer, for sure. But if you're getting a P-95 new for $265.00? Go ahead and get the P-95 and sleep well at night.
Old 04-27-2011, 06:30   #8
Pecos Bill

I have the P95 and prefer the exposed hammer for my fun guns. That's just me. This is also at my bedside. If you are going to carry it, that's a different story.

The SR9 does have some good advantages. I suggest shooting both then decide. Knowing if there is a round in the chamber at a glance might be important to some.

Last edited by Pecos Bill; 04-27-2011 at 06:45..
Pecos Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 19:43   #9
DaGentleman

I just purchased the P95 myself and I love this gun....very good HD and range gun. My main CCW is the SR9c but I can conceal the P95 if needed in a CB holster.
DaGentleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 01:04   #10
Mikey394

Hate to admit it but I've had one for about six years and never shot it untill about a month ago.I it at a great price.

I missed out on alot! Good trigger,never jammed and almost lazer beam accuracy.I was ,lets say VERY impressed!
Mikey394 is offline   Reply With Quote