Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-05-2011, 17:29   #1
gomerpyle

1st AR purchase

So I've decided to get an AR. I've shot a decent amount from different manufacturers. Colt, BCM, Stag, Bushmaster, LWRC, Sabre Defense, and Noveske. I really enjoyed the Noveske, felt amazing in my hands. What are your guys thoughts on this as a 1st AR? I know it's pricey, but that's really the least of my worries, with the options it comes with standard it's on par with anything else. The 16" light recce caught my eye. This is for coyote, average plinking, a few classes, and some long range practice instead of my R700 .308
gomerpyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 17:36   #2
NeverMore1701
Platinum Membership
Fear no evil.

I've had a half dozen different makes, from all over the price spectrum. My current one is a Noveske, and is my favorite by far. Fantastic rifle, I have no reservations about recommending one to anybody.

Black Rifle Forum
For the last time
NeverMore1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 17:49   #3
TexanOutWest
I'll Take Point

I bought parts and "built" mine. I say "built" because there wasn't a whole lot of detailed installation. It carries an Ameetec lower with a RRA NM 2-stage trigger group, a RRA Tactical CAR A4 upper half with a RRA aluminum quad, chromed bolt and BCG, a 6-position stock, a Hogue grip and an EOTech 552. Total out the door was a little under $1200. Shoots wonderfully, is quite accurate and I was able to get the weapon I wanted for the price I was willing to pay. My $.02 and worth both pennies!

Tex
Lone Star Glockers #423
Amphibious SeaBees I, Beach Combat Support
We Build, We Fight! One Target at a Time!
Texas is a state of mind. Texas is an obsession. Above all, Texas is a nation in every sense of the word - John Steinbeck
TexanOutWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 17:50   #4
gomerpyle

That's almost exactly like the Noveske I shot, except it had an EoTech. There was just something about it and even though we were only at a 50yd max range, it was an absolute tack driver.
Old 01-05-2011, 17:55   #5
gomerpyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanOutWest View Post
I bought parts and "built" mine. I say "built" because there wasn't a whole lot of detailed installation. It carries an Ameetec lower with a RRA NM 2-stage trigger group, a RRA Tactical CAR A4 upper half with a RRA aluminum quad, chromed bolt and BCG, a 6-position stock, a Hogue grip and an EOTech 552. Total out the door was a little under $1200. Shoots wonderfully, is quite accurate and I was able to get the weapon I wanted for the price I was willing to pay. My $.02 and worth both pennies!

Tex
Ya I thought about building one. My skills would definitely allow such a task. But I like having a "road map" sort of speak. And I think buying a complete rifle would best suit my current needs (for a 1st anyway). I love a good project and the pride of building my own, but with my current home and work projects that's the last thing I need clouding my thought process lol. When I build something I tend to over analyze everything and make it the absolute BEST I can, I guess it's just a habit. I can see that bill coming out thousands ahead of the Noveske price.

Last edited by gomerpyle; 01-05-2011 at 17:59..
Old 01-05-2011, 19:15   #6
mjkeat

Noveske would be nice. A BCM, Daniel Defence or LWRC would be good as well.
mjkeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 19:49   #7
RMTactical
CLM Number
www.AR15pro.net

Noveske makes a high quality ar15. Expensive but high quality.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Due to inflation, my $.02 no longer matters.
RMTactical is offline   Reply With Quote