Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-07-2011, 00:22   #1
Bill G

Wife Wanted A Light Home Defense Shotgun For Her

I put this sweet little Mossberg 500 20ga together for my wife. She wanted her own weapon and felt my Rem 870 was a little heavy and the LOP was to much for her, plus the recoil was an issue with the 12ga. When we purchased the Mossberg it had the black stock and she found this pink camo case she had to have. I knew she needed a shorter stock and I happened to find this womans specific stock in pink camo. Now the LOP is good and boy was she suprised when she came home and now it all matches. I hope no one sees me putting shells through it...He He!!!! Also the CDM Gear MT Clamp works great with the TRL 1 Weapons light or any good Tactical flashlight and mount, clean and light weight.

Bill G
Attached Thumbnails
Tactical Shotguns - Click for larger version  

Last edited by Bill G; 01-07-2011 at 00:35.. Reason: spelling
Bill G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 01:13   #2
aippi

Well you screwed up big time.

You have to be very nice to her as that 20ga will kill a man just as shotgun dead as a 12ga. So if she is talking during a play off game whatever you do, do not tell her to shut up......

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Remington LE Armorer
Mossberg LE Armorer
aippi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 07:04   #3
Bill G

Quote:
Originally Posted by aippi View Post
Well you screwed up big time.

You have to be very nice to her as that 20ga will kill a man just as shotgun dead as a 12ga. So if she is talking during a play off game whatever you do, do not tell her to shut up......
So true JD, but that Glock 19 of hers will do the same so we watch the game together and I am very polite to her if you know what I mean He He!!!!

Bill G
Old 01-07-2011, 17:41   #4
Victoriagotagun

Thats cute....all it needs now is a metal safety and it will be perfect.

"Glocks are for criminals" -Nick_45
Victoriagotagun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 21:35   #5
unit1069

I'll bet it glows in the dark, right?
Old 01-08-2011, 12:53   #6
Aceman

There is a certain WTF? factor that goes with shooting a pink gun. It could just give her the edge she needs...
Aceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 13:10   #7
WhiskeyUnicorn
Paramagician

Meh...not a fan of girly guns. Don't know why women need pink to shoot a weapon, but at least yours will. Mine could be BEDAZZLED and it wouldn't get touched. (Female counterpart is anti gun) Good times though! Maybe you can enjoy some quality 12 gauge blasting!
Old 01-08-2011, 14:07   #8
Bill G

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyUnicorn View Post
Meh...not a fan of girly guns. Don't know why women need pink to shoot a weapon, but at least yours will. Mine could be BEDAZZLED and it wouldn't get touched. (Female counterpart is anti gun) Good times though! Maybe you can enjoy some quality 12 gauge blasting!
She did not need the pink stock to shoot, she was fine with the black and preffers black guns over stainless or other options, her Glock is still black. The pink just personalized it a little for her and made her feel good about it because it matchs her shotgun case. Down deep she is still a girl and pink is just a girl thing. Hell, I will shoot it a little myself and I don't care if it's pink and yes I like big black guns not pink He He !!!!

Take Care,
Bill G

Last edited by Bill G; 01-08-2011 at 14:08..
Old 01-09-2011, 08:24   #9
jhooten
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyUnicorn View Post
If pink furniture is what it takes to get more women involved it the shooting sports I'm all for it.
jhooten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 08:25   #10
Joshhtn
The eBay Guy

Very nice!... I just showed it to my Fiancee and now SHE wants one!... Looks like I know what I will be buying next.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Joshhtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 07:23   #11
WhiskeyUnicorn
Paramagician

We're apparently doing a his/her thing at work with pink and black matching sets lol. I think it's cool she's shooting. I took mine out for the first time yesterday! Good times
Old 01-12-2011, 17:01   #12
gunslinger3
Μολὼν λαβέ

So is there any advantage to a 12 over a 20 in home defense?
gunslinger3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 17:17   #13
Bill G

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunslinger3 View Post
So is there any advantage to a 12 over a 20 in home defense?
As far a stopping power at home defence ranges, not much according to guys like Massad Ayoob (Look up a few articles buy him about this subject). There is more ammo types available for the 12ga but the 20ga is a lot lighter so for a women or a situation were multi family members may use the weapon for defence the 20ga works well. Stopping the bad guy is all that matters and a 20ga will do just fine with buckshot in it.

Take Care All,
Bill G

Last edited by Bill G; 01-12-2011 at 17:17..
Old 01-12-2011, 17:29   #14
gunslinger3
Μολὼν λαβέ

Thanks bill
gunslinger3 is offline   Reply With Quote