Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-20-2015, 23:00   #1
LASTRESORT20
LongTerm-Guy

XXX ~World's Fastest Bike races F-A-S-T Nissan GT-R

LASTRESORT20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 00:34   #2
Annhl8rX

I'd take either if given to me. I like to go fast no matter the medium. Oddly, though, I've always felt a bit more comfortable at high speed on a bike than in a car.
Old 05-21-2015, 04:52   #3
southernshooter

Hot car/bike

That the thing. It takes a 1350 hp modded, probably race only GTR to run with a stock hot bike. The other video show the Bugatti losing to the same bike.
Old 05-21-2015, 08:10   #4
JMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernshooter View Post
That the thing. It takes a 1350 hp modded, probably race only GTR to run with a stock hot bike. The other video show the Bugatti losing to the same bike.
It's easy to make a fast bike, it's not easy to make a car that will keep up with a fast bike.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
JMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 08:13   #5
M&P15T
Beard One

A straight line, sure it's close. Put them on a road course, the bike will be far, faaaar behind.
Old 05-21-2015, 08:17   #6
JMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&P15T View Post
A straight line, sure it's close. Put them on a road course, the bike will be far, faaaar behind.
That would be interesting to see, I'm not quite sure it wouldn't be close.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
JMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 08:25   #7
SC Tiger
EL GATO!

Speed-wise and at a common level of performance (sport bike vs sport bike, cruiser vs whatever the equivalent car would be) the car will almost always be at a disadvantage to any motorcycle not made by Harley-Davidson.

If you fall, I will be there to catch you - The Floor
SC Tiger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 08:47   #8
Berto
woo woo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMS View Post
That would be interesting to see, I'm not quite sure it wouldn't be close.
I agree, it really depends on the course. Cars have all the brakes and some advantages in the corners, but bikes have more track to use and can carry more speed out of the corners sometimes because of that. Between those two, given a more open course I'd pick the car.
Old 05-21-2015, 08:50   #9
ChuteTheMall
HildabeastHater

I guess one could pick a course to favor either.

Johnny Thunder lives on water, feeds on lightning.
Johnny Thunder speaks for no one, goes on fighting.
ChuteTheMall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 08:50   #10
M&P15T
Beard One

Given like-for-like, it's no question. Even I was surprised at how badly the F1 car crushed the MotoGP bike.
Old 05-21-2015, 09:19   #11
Berto
woo woo

No doubt nothing is going to catch an F1 car, but you're not likely to see one in traffic on the morning commute either. There's bikes out there that are nearly moto GP fast and street legal. I believe Honda and Yamaha both have street legal replicas. That GTR and Kawi are closer than any bike will ever be to an F1 car.
Old 05-21-2015, 09:24   #12
M&P15T
Beard One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berto View Post
No doubt nothing is going to catch an F1 car, but you're not likely to see one in traffic on the morning commute either. There's bikes out there that are nearly moto GP fast and street legal. I believe Honda and Yamaha both have street legal replicas. That GTR and Kawi are closer than any bike will ever be to an F1 car.
Very true, you can buy and ride a bike that is much closer to a bikes true top professional racing performance level, than you can with a car.

Which most definitely sucks. I'd LOVE to see something approaching F1 performance levels on the street. That would be amazing.

Turn your speakers WAAAAAY up for this one!!

Oh..ooooooh gaaawd.......oooooh that gives me a chubby.

Last edited by M&P15T; 05-21-2015 at 09:34..
M&P15T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 09:37   #13
M&P15T
Beard One

And The Stig doing a lap of the TG track in a genuine F1 car.

Sorry for the thread de-rail, but I have a F1 boner right now.

And, perhaps the greatest thing ever on TG. They let Lewis Hamilton (Reigning F1 Champion), drive Senna's F1 car. Hamilton was a HUGE Senna fan.

Last edited by M&P15T; 05-21-2015 at 09:50..
Old 05-21-2015, 09:44   #14
M&P15T
Beard One

Oh, and what really sucks;

A bike rider could get on a MotoGP bike and have a ride. Just keep it simple and not too fast. But a normal driver absolutely cannot get into a F1 and get it to work. They'd just crash/spin/wreck.

That's wrong, just wrong.

Oh ****, oh ****, oh ****.

Film footage of Senna and Hamilton at Monoco, compared side-by-side. Oh ****, oh ****, oh ****.....

Last edited by M&P15T; 05-21-2015 at 09:48..
Old 05-21-2015, 10:20   #15
TK-421

Well when you have a car that probably has 3x the cost of the bike into it, 4x the number of drive tires, and 4x the horse power, it's not surprising that it won in the end.
- Unknown
TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 10:26   #16
Joshhtn
The eBay Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernshooter View Post
Power to weight is an amazing thing...

Joshhtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 10:35   #17
TK-421

Quote:
Given like-for-like, it's no question. Even I was surprised at how badly the F1 car crushed the MotoGP bike.
https://youtu.be/4g4RxOl39B4
Why were you surprised? The bike might have good acceleration, but it has to slow down a lot more for the turns than the F1 car does. And, like with the GT-R, the car probably has 4-5 times the horsepower that the bike has and it has better grip on the road. So the bike has better acceleration, and that's about it, and better acceleration won't win the race, especially when you're slowing down in the turns and the F1 car is laughing at you.
- Unknown
TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 11:00   #18
M&P15T
Beard One

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
Why were you surprised? The bike might have good acceleration, but it has to slow down a lot more for the turns than the F1 car does. And, like with the GT-R, the car probably has 4-5 times the horsepower that the bike has and it has better grip on the road. So the bike has better acceleration, and that's about it, and better acceleration won't win the race, especially when you're slowing down in the turns and the F1 car is laughing at you.
I'm not surprised the F1 car is faster, I'm surprised by how much faster it was. It lapped the MotoGP bike in 3 laps.
Old 05-21-2015, 11:05   #19
capnjim01

Quote:
Oh, and what really sucks;

A bike rider could get on a MotoGP bike and have a ride. Just keep it simple and not too fast. But a normal driver absolutely cannot get into a F1 and get it to work. They'd just crash/spin/wreck.

That's wrong, just wrong.

Oh ****, oh ****, oh ****.

Film footage of Senna and Hamilton at Monoco, compared side-by-side. Oh ****, oh ****, oh ****.....

https://youtu.be/cli2XEoca24
Yeah I remember Richard Hammond driver an F1 car one episode and he had a very hard time just making one decent lap.
capnjim01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 11:06   #20
SC Tiger
EL GATO!

Quote:
I'm not surprised the F1 car is faster, I'm surprised by how much faster it was. It lapped the MotoGP bike in 3 laps.
The funny part is that if the F1 car tried to merely keep up with the MotoGP bike, as opposed to outrun it, it is entirely possible that it could not do it.

F1 cars are amazing - they may be able to take a turn at 180 mph that they cannot take at 130!

I was reading about the next-gen GT-R and in the article they discuss why the GT-R is so heavy. The lead engineer said it is partially due to handling. He stated that if you think about an F1 car or other race car, they may weigh 1300 lbs but, when running at speed, the downforce increases the weight to nearly 4000 lbs. But the GT-R cannot be expected to go that fast all the time (being a street car) so they have to do with weight, what F1 does with downforce.

It actually made a lot of sense.

If you fall, I will be there to catch you - The Floor

Last edited by SC Tiger; 05-21-2015 at 11:17..
SC Tiger is online now   Reply With Quote