Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-12-2011, 20:44   #41
GotGlock1917
Lifetime Membership

Today, I am disheartened that the people of our country (mostly yoots) couldn't handle life if they lost their cell phone and internet service.
Constant connectivity is not necessarily a good thing. Constantly yammering on their cells, texting, tweeting, facebooking, etc.

In 20 years I would like to see people wise up and get out and do something and not feel the need to instantly inform everybody of every detail of what they are doing.

Put down the phones and mobile devices and just enjoy being alive.
Outpost Member #96
GotGlock1917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 21:05   #42
Tvov

I'll be 66 in 20 years, hopefully able to retire comfortably... but I am actually worried about that now, have been the last couple years. Wife and I are working on it, and 20 years from now should(!) be debt free and still be living in the same house.

Although, hopefully with that second bathroom added by then...

I hope to still be dragging a camper around and seeing the country. Possibly I'll be taking some grandkids along.

I figure I'll still be reading GlockTalk... but maybe by then it'll be one big internet "cloud" universe, and we'll all be sitting in round table discussions using our holographic selves...

Now? Well, I owe about 20 years worth of monthly checks on my house with its one bathroom, have too many bills, two teenagers in the house, drag a camper around, and sit around posting on GlockTalk. And a lovely wife who I still get along with.

See you all in 20 years!
Tvov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 22:19   #43
Hines57
Simple Member

Wow, almost 10 years to the day since I joined GT. Comparing where I was 10 years ago to where I am today makes me really wonder what another 20 years will bring. 10 years ago I was just starting a new career that I have thoroughly enjoyed but I doubt that it will last another 20 yrs. I kinda doubt I will make it another 20 yrs, and that doesn't bother me at all.

Life is pretty good. Work has been slow the last couple of years, but it will pick up. Got a house that I spend a lot of time working on. Still single, still okay with that. Done a lot of traveling, seen a lot of things, done the things that I have wanted to do. No real regrets.
Hines57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 01:01   #44
G-Lock808

Im in the middle of the Pacific as I type this. I wonder where ill be 20 years from now.
G-Lock808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 01:36   #45
oceanwarrior

I hope to be around yet,in 20 years I'll be 75.
It is my hope that in 20 years we will still be able to bear arms as FREE men.
Hopefully the Bluefin and Yellowfin Tuna will not be extinct.

I wonder what kind of technology we'll be using to read this thread.

Hope TEOTWAWKI never happens but if it does, I hope it will be natural not caused by Man.

Very curious to see what the primary energy source will be in 20 years.

oceanwarrior
oceanwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 01:51   #46
Cochese
CLM Number 209
Most mackinest

My daughter will be 20 years old!

I will have grey pubes. My SS will probably have a lot of miles on it and I should be about 5 years from retirement. My wife will be just as beautiful.
Old 01-13-2011, 06:52   #47
johnd

Send a message via ICQ to johnd
Im getting up there and maybe its time to reflect on what happened in case anyone cares in 20 years. Ill be gone by then anyway Im sure.
Today is the day after the evening service for those shot in Tucson AZ and Im pretty amazed at what has happened to this country. In the time I have been here it has gone from a John Wayne attitude to today. And thats all we can say about that.
Over the years I have been hanging around GT the country has changed tremendously as has GT and its members...they seem younger today but are asking all the same questions ( and getting the same foolish answers) we all did 10 years ago when this thing started.
I remember a guy telling me he had a "Gee LOK" " one of those new fangled plastic guns, a Gee LOK" and wanted to trade some 45ACP for something that fit his Gee LOK

Some of the members are gone now and somehow we seem to feel that we knew them even though we never met.
Others have disappeared no one knows why or how but if they met their ultimate fate, no one knows about it on GT, they just stopped posting and probably no one knows who they really were here and no one is going to log on and tell the rest of us their fate....maybe we need somehow to set up a log in/check in/ alive ping or something....

This internet thing is really neat. I was in it from the very beginning and its getting better all the time. I cant imagine how we did things back then with 8K memory boards and teletype type "email" let alone boards like GT here.
Good luck to everyone, I hope GT lasts forever, put this OP and all the other interesting ones on a titanium CD and save it for 2000 years and then look back.
johnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 09:30   #48
Whiskey Six
Platinum Membership
Marine 0369

Lots of great stuff so far. Good points about our freedoms. We still enjoy the freedoms that our forefathers envisioned. Will we still in 20 years?

Today we are in, what I believe, is a fight for our survival with radical Islam. They are determined to destroy our way of life. Who will prevail?

Where will our young people be? There is such an overload of sex, violence, drugs and despair in their lives today. How will they survive and thrive?

Will there ever be an end to the entitlement generations? Will the working middle class cease to exist? Will liberals ever open their eyes to reality?

Will we finally move on from oil and hydrocarbons? Sorry CJ but the oil will run out one day.

Today I can still hike deep into the wilderness and fish in clear mountain streams and even catch a nice trout occaisionlly. I can see wild bears, moose, elk and even mountain lions. Hope they're still around. I hope Colorado still has trees. The beetle kill is worse every year.

I plan to still be skiing in 20 years. I'll be 72 so no more moguls probably.

In 20 years I will have been with my girlfriend for 32 years. Still won't be married. LOL

Hope to still be around and hopefully I will have met many of you in person by then.

Mark

"The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not
first take from somebody else." Dr. Adrian Rogers, 1931 2005
Whiskey Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 10:01   #49
bac1023

I very rarely post in GNG, but I felt compelled to here.

Great idea, Eric.
bac1023 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 10:32   #50
engineer151515

Posting after bac . ..

So I can blather about .45GAP 20 years from now.

Old 01-13-2011, 12:36   #51
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Eric, a suggestion. Move this thread around. A week here, a week in General Glocking, a week in OAF, etc. That way more people will get to see it.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 12:46   #52
Joshhtn
The eBay Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
Eric, a suggestion. Move this thread around. A week here, a week in General Glocking, a week in OAF, etc. That way more people will get to see it.
Great idea Lone_Wolfe!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Joshhtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 15:21   #53
PBCounty

Send a message via AIM to PBCounty
My name is Charlie B and I do the South Florida thing as I have my whole life (and will continue to do for at least another 20 years). I hope I am still partying every weekend up to and beyond the close of this thread. Have fun out there.
Old 01-13-2011, 15:42   #54
JAMROCK
Working Member

Technology and just about everything else is moving so fast nowadays that I'm sure we won't believe we were doing things this way even 5 years from now.

I'll be 71 in twenty years. I expect that all my worry for the well-being of my kids will have been for naught. And that my impatience and pestering of the few public officials that I have to deal with will have been for the good.

It's been 20 years so far and my wife hasn't wized-up about me and my stupid habits yet, let's hope she doesn't for another twenty. My parents and MIL will probably be gone by then but they will have known I loved them cause I tell them every chance I get.

I'm looking forward to many more years of laughing and eating and drinking and BS'ing with my siblings, their families and my close friends.

And by then, by God, I should have caught my monster fish by then.
JAMROCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 16:05   #55
Kabarred

I'll be 41... jeeze...

hopefully I'll be far better off financially, have a good woman, and a 40+lb northern on the wall
Old 01-13-2011, 16:55   #56
ExxoticOne

Please reserve the user name GeriatricOne for me; I'll be back for it!

I'm playing very good golf rigt now, in 20 years I should shoot my age.
Old 01-13-2011, 17:13   #57
Mochahooligan

In 20 years I will be 63. I a 23 year old son and a 20 year old (sex to be determined this March). I am married to a wonderful woman who puts up with all my shinanigans and loves me always. In 20 years I will still be married to my beautiful wife and hopefully have longer to go!
Old 01-13-2011, 18:02   #58
JK-linux

Well, I'll be 59 in 20 years... still a ways off from retirement if such a thing still exists in 2031. Currently, I work in IT (Information Technology) as a UNIX Systems Administrator. I'm betting UNIX is still around in 20 years. The current version of AIX is v6.1.6. The current US debt is projected to be around $14.3 trillion. Hopefully you won't have to bear too much of it.

As for guns... 9mm/.45ACP JHP ammunition is sold for ~$20 to $50 in 20 to 50 round boxes to ordinary civilians at places as diverse as small gas stations, WalMart, privately owned gun stores and it is commonly reloaded at home by private citizens. You can buy it online and have it shipped interstate to most places. Most places don't have restrictions on how many rounds a pistol or rifle can be configured to hold. At least 43 states have laws which allow private citizens without criminal records to legally carry concealed firearms upon their persons in public for personal protection. I hope you still have the same freedoms and if you don't, you might want to do something about that before it fades into the realm of myth, and no one really remembers that it was actually this way for a time.

I originally found this internet forum to gain more knowledge about Glock semi-automatic pistols. I ended up with that, as well as some new friends and a lot of information I didn't even know I didn't have. I hope you find Glocktalk as enjoyable and informative as I have.

JK-linux

Last edited by JK-linux; 01-13-2011 at 18:14..
JK-linux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 18:05   #59
CitizenOfDreams

Test, test. One, two, three. Is this thing on?
CitizenOfDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 18:12   #60
tous
GET A ROPE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. VR View Post
In twenty years our nest will have emptied and hopefully started to refill with grandkids!
VR should have a have a large supply of sent dollars by then.

<--- average person
<--- nothing special now
<--- less so in 20 years
<--- has never had STATUS

2.9979E10 cm/sec -- it's not just a good idea; it's the law
tous is offline   Reply With Quote