Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-14-2011, 10:19   #121
Santa CruZin
RIP Mr. Mayor

Been on GT for over 10 years. Have made, kept and lost an assortment of friends here. I moved from Santa Cruz to the South in pursuit of re-starting my marriage and raising a family under better cost of living conditions. Family didn't get started. My fault for biting that hook, I should have known better. I'm not squallin' about it, but I am disappointed that I have to be the bad guy when my desires were made clear from the start and I even offered a "second chance".

Ah well, here's my mantra now: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKSeq_5ZyXI

It'll be interesting reviewing this thread in 20 years. I look forward to showing it to my kids.
Old 02-14-2011, 11:46   #122
FillYerHands
you son of a

I've been posting here almost 3 years. I picked my handle from one of my favorite movies. In truth, it's a good thing my original request to join got lost somewhere in cyberspace, I had chosen a different handle.

In any case, I picked it because of this: http://t.co/Mla4kJ4

True Grit has now been successfully remade. In 20 years, they will probably remake it again, starring Justin Bieber.

In the meantime, I want the Coen brothers to remake the "Rooster Cogburn" sequel, starring John Goodman as Rooster, and Kathryn Ohara as the Catherine Hepburn part.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Clip? Magazine? Who cares? Take

|
|
Life Member |
FillYerHands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 12:14   #123
Glockin21

Obviously,what will the current presidents overall affect be on our economy and guns?
How strict will vehicle emissions be controlled? Hopefully i will still have my soot blowin Chevy.
Old 02-17-2011, 14:14   #124
infiniti0505

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxtrotx1 View Post
Hopefully I will have graduated college.
LOL!!! I hope the same for myself.

Jeez.... Ill be 43 in 20 years........ so old....
With every breath, we shall hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood, 'til it rains down from the skies. Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles which every man of every faith can embrace. These are not polite suggestions, these are codes of behavior, and those of you that ignore them will pay the dearest cost.

Last edited by infiniti0505; 02-17-2011 at 14:15..
infiniti0505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 15:33   #125
deputy tom

In twenty years I'll be long gone.I hope people will talk of deputy tom in a kind manner.I hope my posts contributed to the enjoyment of the other GT'ers.If I've offended anyone please forgive me.tom.

SPES MEA IN DEO EST

Thig crioch air an t-saoghal ach mairidh gaol agus ceÚl The world will come to an end but music and love will endure
deputy tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 12:51   #126
B. Somm
CLM Number 175
Lady B/Team OAF

Send a message via ICQ to B. Somm Send a message via AIM to B. Somm Send a message via Yahoo to B. Somm

Looks like I got here just in time!

Moved On Over To Page Six For Posterity!!

GSSF/Niner #141/Big Dawg #117/Grand Canyon Glockers #9/FM Lodge #50 and OAF #918
B. Somm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 13:13   #127
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by B. Somm View Post
Moved On Over To Page Six For Posterity!!
Where you been, my friend?

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 13:15   #128
B. Somm
CLM Number 175
Lady B/Team OAF

Send a message via ICQ to B. Somm Send a message via AIM to B. Somm Send a message via Yahoo to B. Somm

In 20 years I'll 68. If I'm lucky I'll still be able to breath on my own, think for myself and be independent.

Right now my health isn't the best. Last week I learned that I won my SSD hearing/case and I am now officially "on disability". Now I just have to find a doctor that is willing to stand behind me in applying for medical retirement after 26 years of employment with my current employer, as my current doctor is an asshat and thinks that all I want to do is sit at home, watch TV, lay in bed & eat bon-bons all day...I don't even like bon-bons!

I currently have 3 cats, as I recently inherited my mom's 2 cats after she unexpectedly passed away from a heart attack 3 months ago. Fortunately all three are getting along for the most part and they all seem to be adjusting.

I really miss my mom and still have to resist the urge to pick up the phone just to call and say 'howdy', as well as bet on the weekly football games during football season.

I'm still in the SCA, although I can't get out to events as much as I'd like to due to my health. I missed "Estrella War" this year as I had to work. The weather sucked half the time anyway, so it's just as well.

So far 2011 is turning out to be a so-so year. Society continues to run down the drain, the economy sucks and the illegals continue to suck our country dry. Eventually everything is going to implode. I just hope I'm not around to see it, as it's not going to be pretty!

Baseball season is getting ready to start in a month or so...Go D-Backs!

Hopefully in 20 years things will improve despite the way things are now.
Hopefully in 20 years I will no longer be single.
Hopefully in 20 years I will still have all of my faculties.
Hopefully in 20 years I will be okay financially.
Hopefully in 20 years I will have less stuff cluttering up my house.
Hopefully in 20 years GT will still be here!

B. The Okie Corral

GSSF/Niner #141/Big Dawg #117/Grand Canyon Glockers #9/FM Lodge #50 and OAF #918
Old 02-23-2011, 13:33   #129
B. Somm
CLM Number 175
Lady B/Team OAF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
Where you been, my friend?
Check your PM box!!

Old 03-11-2011, 17:14   #130
Alex_Knight

Send a message via AIM to Alex_Knight

Am I too late?

My butt itches.

Old 03-11-2011, 17:36   #131
kcb
Southern Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. VR View Post
In twenty years our nest will have emptied and hopefully started to refill with grandkids!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjlandry View Post
I'll probably be dead by then, or beyond recognition.

In 20 years, I'll be old....

Sharon and Chad your posts remind me of my thoughts driving onto my street tonight coming home from work.

An elderly couple lives on the corner. They were working on something on their driveway. As they moved about, they shuffled about their driveway.

She had her short gray hair. He his balding grey comb over.

I've had long hair most of my life. My hubby keeps his head cut very short.

I thought...will we look like that in 30 years?

I don't have grandchildren yet...but I pray I do in 20 years!

Karen

Last edited by kcb; 03-11-2011 at 17:37..
kcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 17:41   #132
kcb
Southern Lady

I don't know if I'm too late, but as I post today...the 8.9 Earthquake and 23 foot tsunami hit Japan in the early this morning USA time.

Another 4.4 Earthquake hit Hawaii a little while later.

Many people have been watching the news much of the day in disbelief of the devastation of the event.

Karen
kcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 08:56   #133
Angry Fist
Lifetime Membership
The Originalģ

Hopefully, the reactors don't melt down.

Whoops, just read the news. Dayumn.....

And today, the NFL finally locked out the players.
I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, s**t-kickers, Methodists, and the GTDS.

Last edited by Angry Fist; 03-12-2011 at 09:07..
Angry Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 21:21   #134
AlexHassin

In 20 years I will be in my forties. I donít know what I will be doing then. I canít hold a relationship stably now, and my two best friends are going back to china in 5 years or so, they will probably also get married in a few years. I like pop music, and currently live in NYC. I love it here and I have loved the chances I get to travel. It seems I canít leave home enough, but I have not really been anywhere else I can imagine calling home.
AlexHassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 16:59   #135
Grumpy Gardener

If I'm not here in 20 years:

I buried a bunch of money at the corner of I-5 and Bowman in a red Folgers can. It's right as you get into Cottonwood.

By the time you find it it won't be worth the can it's buried in!!

gardener
Grumpy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 17:00   #136
Grumpy Gardener

Ooops.

gg
Grumpy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 17:58   #137
norton

I just turned 60 this year. I hope to be around in 20 years, but who knows-

I hope we get our country's financial problems behind us in 2031. Right now it looks grim, too much money is owed to too many people. My generation is going to eat up in govt. benefits much of the wealth that should be passed on to the next generation.

On the firearms front, I hope the 2nd amendment is still relevant. And that people still cherish the rights bestowed on us by our Creator.

Its the 100th anniversary of the 1911. I somehow feel confident if the 2nd is still alive and well, the 1911 will still be chugging along.

Wonder what kind of progress will be made in the reloading of ammo front. Progressives presses that run without human hands? Set it up, keep it fed and watch it crank out ammo?

If I'm not around in 2031, I hope the people I have met on this forum are doing well.
Old 03-29-2011, 19:01   #138
jakebrake
cracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverMore1701 View Post
I think I'll be 45

i think i'll be dead.
jakebrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 18:05   #139
transformers0704

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_Knight View Post
Am I too late?

My butt itches.

go wash it with soap now. make sure you put a rope on da soap.
transformers0704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 18:15   #140
transformers0704

in 20 years the USA would not be be called USA it would be called something else.
we have a lot of wars we haven fought yet. looking at the trend the USA is going. there is always every freaking 5 years or so.

83 Grenada
89 us invasion of panama
90 91 Persian gulf war
95 96 Bosnia war
2001 invasion of Afghanistan
2003 invasion of iraq
then Pakistan
now laybia

Remember you can keep on having wars with no consequences.
chances are there will be 5-8 wars before 20 years comes up.
transformers0704 is offline   Reply With Quote