Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-12-2006, 06:51   #341
Walter45Auto

Send a message via Yahoo to Walter45Auto
Quote:
Originally posted by Navy HMC
Ok, I'm not joking... But the wife says he can't have his own gun (probably a small single shot .22) until he's 8.

By the way, the wife is a vet and if I get him something earlier, she has threatened to neuter me. 1: I have to sleep sometime and 2: I have seen her neuter a cat in 5 mintues flat that's from induction to finish.
But you COULD buy one and have it be YOUR gun till he's 8, then give it to him, right? That's what I would do in that situation.

Old 08-12-2006, 08:01   #342
Navy HMC

True, but the one I will buy him is way too small for me. I mean it has about a 6"-8" stock. We tried it at the store and it fit very well. Besides, she is getting smarter, every now and again she goes down and counts guns. The days of sneaking in a new one are over I guess.

If you have snuck so many new guns into the house that your wife all but strip searches you when you come back from the gun shop or gun show.
Old 08-12-2006, 08:25   #343
Glockdude1
CLM Number 185
Federal Member

Quote:
If you have sneak so many new guns into the house that your wife all but strip searches you when you come back from the gun shop or gun show.
......You have firearms your wife does NOT know about!!!

I have a "few" she has never seen.......

Old 08-12-2006, 20:57   #344
Navy HMC

Quote:
Originally posted by Glockdude1
......You have firearms your wife does NOT know about!!!

I have a "few" she has never seen.......

Same here-I have a few I have "legitimaized by cleaning when she is around:

"When did you get THAT?"

A long time ago...why?

"Well, I have never seen that one before."

You said they all look alike to you, I showed this one to you about 4 years ago.

"Oh?!"
Old 08-12-2006, 22:14   #345
SomeDay

Quote:
Originally posted by Walter45Auto
But you COULD buy one and have it be YOUR gun till he's 8, then give it to him, right? That's what I would do in that situation.

No, he would buy with that "intent" but keep it and buy his son another one when he turns 8. Of course, he would have to go out and "celebrate" by buying himself a new gun to match his son's.
G1 Niner/Sub Club?California Glockers/Tactical Shotgun #86
Old 08-12-2006, 22:22   #346
SomeDay

Quote:
Same here-I have a few I have "legitimaized by cleaning when she is around:

"When did you get THAT?"

A long time ago...why?

"Well, I have never seen that one before."

You said they all look alike to you, I showed this one to you about 4 years ago.

"Oh?!"
I did that for a while. I would take one out, clean it and put it away. The next week I would take out the other and clean it. Since they are a G26 and G19 they look enough alike to a non-gun-nut that I could play it off. Then one day it happened, I was getting ready to go to the range. I had the safe open and she happened to see me take out TWO guns. She yelled at me for buying the second one without telling her. I "reminded" her that she bought a camcorder around the same time I bought my second gun and she "forgot" to tell me about it. I haven't heard anything about my second gun yet.

I know what ya'll are thinking - TWO guns and he calls himself a gun-nut. I know, but I have a family and am SLOWLY working on it. y next "excuse" gun will have to be something in the .22 flavor, so that I can justify it's existence by saying that I am going to teach my wife to shoot. I already told her she has to try it once and then she can say that she will not do it again - the eat it and THEN tell me you don't like it routine. I told her I would start her out on something easy. Of course, each time I get ready to take her to a range, she chickens out, so I need to keep trying (and get the .22). Of course, if she decides that she likes it, evil plan #2 comes into play - the "I'll let you play with my toys if you let me buy some more to share plan". Pray for me.
G1 Niner/Sub Club?California Glockers/Tactical Shotgun #86
Old 08-13-2006, 07:33   #347
Walter45Auto

Ain't it a wonderful sickess???

Old 08-13-2006, 07:42   #348
Navy HMC

If the local bomb squad detonates an old possibly live piece of ordnance that they have no idea what it was and you can identify it even in its destructed state.
Old 08-13-2006, 07:44   #349
Navy HMC

Quote:
Originally posted by SomeDay
I know what ya'll are thinking - TWO guns and he calls himself a gun-nut. I know, but I have a family and am SLOWLY working on it. y next "excuse" gun will have to be something in the .22 flavor, so that I can justify it's existence by saying that I am going to teach my wife to shoot. I already told her she has to try it once and then she can say that she will not do it again - the eat it and THEN tell me you don't like it routine. I told her I would start her out on something easy. Of course, each time I get ready to take her to a range, she chickens out, so I need to keep trying (and get the .22). Of course, if she decides that she likes it, evil plan #2 comes into play - the "I'll let you play with my toys if you let me buy some more to share plan". Pray for me.
Pray for you? Hell, Keep it up!
Old 08-13-2006, 07:56   #350
Glockdude1
CLM Number 185
Federal Member

Quote:
Originally posted by SomeDay
I know what ya'll are thinking - TWO guns and he calls himself a gun-nut. I know, but I have a family and am SLOWLY working on it.
You have to start somewhere!! I too have a family. We all know what it takes to take care of the family and "support our gun habit".

Welcome fellow gun nut!!

Old 08-13-2006, 19:21   #351
SCmasterblaster

If

your pickup truck has a rifle rack in the back window AND the front window!
Old 08-13-2006, 19:58   #352
vafish

...You purchased over 100 firearms before you got married, just in case your new wife didn't like guns.
educate children." -- Confucius
Old 08-13-2006, 21:41   #353
AIREglockDALE

ahhh so i'm not the only one w/ the build the toys up before gettin chained idea...
IF....you are trying to help a buddy buy a new rifle an while browsing lookin at some pistols, see a 'lady smith' and reveal/inform your bud:...."lady smith's would be a lot better if they didnt have that lady smith crap on the side, who wants to carry a gun that say's lady if your not a lady."..
(then yur bud goes awe man didnt realize that...that does suck)
Old 08-13-2006, 22:27   #354
USAret

Quote:
Originally posted by David_G17
[B
-if you ever took apart your Nintendo zapper and installed custom trigger,laser sight, scope, etc. for Duck Hunt
-if you have more firearms than friends
-if you have insurance covering your guns, but not you [/B]
I was laughing while reading this thread, esp. the OP’s list until I saw the “Nintendo Duck Hunt” one. I just had to stop there.

I was stationed in Germany when my youngest son still had a Nintendo and the Duck Hunt game and zapper gun. Did I mention that even though they allowed us to take our personal weapons to Germany back then going to the Range was more painful and full of BS than getting a root-canal. One Saturday I was really bored and watching my youngest son pick off the ducks with the little zapper. A contest ensued. I was getting perfect scores and nearly at the topmost level when I missed one. On the next “set” I found the perfect “excuse” the trigger was “stacking” and was at least an 8 pounder with a really loooooong take-up.

I admit it. I did it. I went down to the storage room in the basement and retrieved my toolbox along with my range box. I spread newspapers on the dining room table and my son and I proceeded to do the best trigger job a Nintendo Zapper Gun has ever had. I had to fabricate some parts, and I believe I made a flat-spring out of a piece of broken hacksaw blade. I didn’t have a trigger-gauge but I got that Zapper down to about 1/8” of movement, a “glass-rod” break, with about a 2 LBS pull.

Then I beat the game. Then I beat it weak-handed. Then I fabricated a holster and my son and I both beat the thing from the “surrender” position. My wife was not in the least bit amused (we finished around 2:00 am). But my son has the best Zapper trigger extant. I think the Nintendo is in the garage somewhere and my youngest is up to the current X-box 360. If he ever brings home a “shooter” game with a zapper gun I’ll post instructions for the inevitable trigger-job.
Instructor
Retired
Student
Old 08-14-2006, 07:51   #355
Glockdude1
CLM Number 185
Federal Member

Quote:
Originally posted by USAret
If he ever brings home a “shooter” game with a zapper gun I’ll post instructions for the inevitable trigger-job.
.....You invented the .25 cent Nintendo trigger job!!!

Old 08-14-2006, 08:50   #356
Navy HMC

If you look at a “Look what I found” thread on Glock Talk and immediately try to find one yourself-for the same low price.

…And are depressed that you can’t find one
Old 08-14-2006, 11:16   #357
Walter45Auto

Yup. that COPs can be bought thread.

Old 08-14-2006, 23:27   #358
Navy HMC

I have been ratted out boys...
Old 08-15-2006, 14:43   #359
vafish

If you've ever seen a good deal on a firearm and bought 2 just in case one of your buddies needs one.
educate children." -- Confucius
Old 08-15-2006, 15:03   #360
Walter45Auto

No but I HAVE had a buddy do that for me with ammo.....