Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-02-2006, 09:31   #421
timzj

-You are disapointed that your staplegun doesnt have a decocker
-When the judge asks you why you put 35 rounds into the perp you reply "because thats all I had on me"
-You've done meatpack tests for any ammo
-You've ever gone "furry-popping" (aka ranch pest control) from your car
Old 10-02-2006, 11:37   #422
Glockdude1
CLM Number 185
Federal Member

Quote:
Originally posted by timzj

-You've ever gone "furry-popping" (aka ranch pest control) from your car
Several years ago, me and several of my shooting buds, helped a another friend of mine do that. He had 10 acres of land he was going to clear all the brush off of. We rode on the tractor he was using to clear his land. We rode on the front, sides and back of the brush cutter. The tractor was not moving very fast, so standing & shooting was a breeze.

The "targets" were field mice & rats, thousands of them!!! I lost count of how many times we went back and forth to buy more ammo. All we were using was pistols. One of the best 2 days of shooting I have had. I was using a Browning Hi-Power 9mm. 30rd mags do come in handy!!!!

Old 10-03-2006, 06:15   #423
Navy HMC

GlockDude1,

How goes the Moz. training?

Old 10-03-2006, 07:46   #424
Glockdude1
CLM Number 185
Federal Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Navy HMC
GlockDude1,

How goes the Moz. training?

Excellent!!!

It is more fun when you use a AK.........

Old 10-03-2006, 12:57   #425
Navy HMC

Quote:
Originally posted by Glockdude1
Excellent!!!

It is more fun when you use a AK.........

Outstanding!

Old 10-03-2006, 17:09   #426
Clark's 22

Quote:
Originally posted by hippy john
I'm almost embarrased to say this one.

-If when you hear Sherl Crow singing the last line in "Soak up the sun" ( I got my 45 on, so I can rock on) and you imediatly think she's talking about a 1911.
Ummmm what is she talking about.
Old 10-03-2006, 18:25   #427
Lesh

Send a message via AIM to Lesh Send a message via Yahoo to Lesh
Quote:
Originally posted by Clark's 22
Ummmm what is she talking about.
SPF 45 Sunblock?
A 45 rpm single vinyl record?
A 1911?
Colt 45 malt liquor?
Dolly Partons chest?

I have often wondered myself.
Old 10-04-2006, 16:44   #428
ChinaCave

If one of your largest suppliers at work learned you were getting your first pistol (G23) and made & sent a custom Cammo ball cap w/ their logo on it to help you celebrate.............

You BOTH might be gun nuts.

Guilty

That was some years ago, now I'm up to "You like guns" Status.
Old 10-05-2006, 01:37   #429
timzj

-When you got to second base with your SO, you stopped to discuss the firearms you found on each other
Old 10-05-2006, 05:41   #430
USAret

Quote:
Several years ago, me and several of my shooting buds, helped a another friend of mine do that. He had 10 acres of land he was going to clear all the brush off of. We rode on the tractor he was using to clear his land. We rode on the front, sides and back of the brush cutter. The tractor was not moving very fast, so standing & shooting was a breeze.

The "targets" were field mice & rats, thousands of them!!! I lost count of how many times we went back and forth to buy more ammo. All we were using was pistols. One of the best 2 days of shooting I have had. I was using a Browning Hi-Power 9mm. 30rd mags do come in handy!!!!

I had never thought that there could be people who DID NOT spend at least part of their teen years doing this with a 22LR. Alas! The evils of being raised in a city. A "Gopher" is an entry level job for a "city-slicker" and a moving target for a country boy/girl. BTW 10 Acres is a garden. Try a couple 100K.
Instructor
Retired
Student
Old 10-06-2006, 14:40   #431
Glockdude1
CLM Number 185
Federal Member

Quote:
Originally posted by USAret
BTW 10 Acres is a garden. Try a couple 100K.
Here in Texas, there is quite a few acres to go shooting.

Old 10-06-2006, 16:25   #432
USAret

Quote:

WELL THAT IS QUITE TRUE THERE IS A LOT OF LAND IN TEXAS; and a whole bunch of people living on it. One question though.

Besides targets, just what is there to SHOOT AT in Texas; what passes for a deer around here wouldn't make a decent meal for a medium sized dog? No insult intended to born and bred "TEXANS" but “Big Game” is a class of critters that are around 10 times the size of what I’ve seen in big ole Texas. (Yes! I’ve seen the “rent-a-hunt ‘ranches’” where some non-native species are raised on “store-feed” and “hunted” by “hunters” that pay thousands to place the cross-hairs on an animal that is basically a domesticated pet. All the while the ‘hunter’ does not even get the soles of his boots dusty.)

Lets see; a quick rewind in the old memory reveals that in Big Sky Country there are: Moose, Elk (the biggest in the world), White-tails, Mule-deer, Antelope, Brown Bear, Mountain Goat, Bighorn Sheep, Bob cats, Mountain Lions, and the one place on the whole earth where you can LEGALLY hunt Griz (That is Grizzly Bear for you city folk). That is not even counting the non-game species and all the waterfowl (I’ve never owned a shotgun, so I couldn’t give a competent accounting of what is currently hunted). World-Class Blue-Ribbon Trout streams and Salmon runs.

For the People; Montana has 6.19 persons per Square Mile
In Montana if you can SEE your neighbor’s house you’re in a crowded ‘urban’ area. Most people SEE Mountains, forests, streams and wildlife out of ALL their windows.

Texans are locked elbow to elbow with a density of 79.6 per Square Mile
In Texas if you CAN NOT hear your neighbors TV you’re in an area that is “spread-out”. If you look out ANY window you will see the side/back/front of another house.

Student To Teacher Ratio in Montana is 11:1 in Elementary and 8:1 in High Schools
In big ole Texas—well lets just say my sons classrooms look to be built for about 30 but actually contain 40-60 students so we can round that down to a student to teacher ratio of about 50:1

I’m a bit lucky while living here in Texas I have to drive about 1.5 miles to get to the local shooting range. However; in Montana I shoot whatever I please while comfortably seated on my Redwood deck off the back of my home. For a change of scenery I can saddle-up and ride in any direction, stop and staple a target to a tree and blast away, or if it is hunting season I can harvest enough good, clean, untainted meat to feed my family for half the winter; I’ll get the other half winters’ supply next weekend, no hurry.

Speaking of horses, I can’t quite understand this whole ‘Texas Cowboy’ thing. How is it that I can walk into my wife’s favorite country place here in big ole Texas and everyone is wearing a pair of boots and a hat but I am the only one in the building that even owns a horse? Yet in a ‘country’ establishment in Big Sky Country there isn’t anyone present that DOES NOT own a horse (usually several).

And as I pointed out in my previous posting, 10 Acres is still a garden plot.
Instructor
Retired
Student
Old 10-07-2006, 11:52   #433
Glockdude1
CLM Number 185
Federal Member

........You buy this holster for your cell phone......

http://www.eholster.com/eholsters1.html

The SHOT ShowCase

Old 10-10-2006, 18:55   #434
WorrGlock

Send a message via Yahoo to WorrGlock
Quote:

I'm in Texas all the time now (Truckdriver) I need to come hang out with you

You might be a gun nut if.

You measure distance by yards and comment on whether or not you could make the shot.

10mm because you care enough to send the very best.
Old 10-10-2006, 19:53   #435
cougar_guy04

Homecoming weekend you don't partake of the partying going on Saturday night because you're RO'ing a shoot the next morning.

(Plus the drunks are more entertaining than anything on cable anyway!)
Old 10-10-2006, 19:59   #436
Glockdude1
CLM Number 185
Federal Member

Quote:
Originally posted by WorrGlock
You measure distance by yards and comment on whether or not you could make the shot.
.......Then you take out your laser range finder, because you HAVE TO KNOW the exact distance.........

Old 10-13-2006, 01:49   #437
timzj

-You buy the last box of 9mm because it looked "lonely".
-You've put a gun on layaway just because the store wouldn't do a background check in the middle of the night/federal holiday just so they wouldn't sell it out from under you.
-You've used full cans of Shasta Root Beer as clays.
Old 10-13-2006, 20:06   #438
WorrGlock

Send a message via Yahoo to WorrGlock
Quote:
Originally posted by timzj You've used full cans of Shasta Root Beer as clays. [/B]

Tried that before was pretty damn cool. Be sure to shake well before using.

Also tried shooting a almost empty hairspray can with a .223 tracer at night even

10mm because you care enough to send the very best.
Old 10-13-2006, 20:34   #439
cougar_guy04

Quote:
Originally posted by timzj
-You've used full cans of Shasta Root Beer as clays.
Never tried that one but do empty gatorade and juice bottles filled with water count?
Old 10-14-2006, 09:34   #440
Glockdude1
CLM Number 185
Federal Member

Quote:
Originally posted by cougar_guy04
Never tried that one but do empty gatorade and juice bottles filled with water count?
Put Kool-aid or jello in next time. Very nice effect.